john williams is awesome and so is hans zimmer!

sweethaley85

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyways Brian Tyler doesn't sound like crap...not sure what you guys are listening to and he sounds nothing like Zimmer.

;) Try listening to Eagle Eye or War or Bangkok Dangerous or Rambo. If I played those to you without you knowing you'd probably guess RCP.

Bryan Tylers biggest fault is that he gives filmmakers what they want instead of what they need.

No it doesn't.

Unfortunately that doesn't mean it's good either. Apparently Tyler feels it's necessary for the entire orchestra to play as loud as they can and with every instrument going at the same time.

i grew up listenin n playin john williams music but lately ive really gotten into hans zimmer.. i jus got the new soundtrack to pirates of the caribbean #2 while workin at umg and its pretty good. POTC #2 soundtrack has a cool mix of techno-type beats, orchestral melodies and vocal underchords. if you havent checked it out, visit www.disneyrecords.com/pirates2 and let me know what you think!

ok but the real question is whether moviemusic-makers like williams and zimmer are as good as real composers like Tom Petty.

Or Bryan Adams...

Hey Hitch love the signature, nice photoshopping.

Thanks. You obviously didn't watch the TNG episode entitled "Identity Crisis"

Actually I have seen all of Star Trek TNG...all though a lot of episodes I don't remember. But you mean to tell me they actually wore those in that episode? :)

Since now all the Star Trek series are pretty cheap on DVD I'm gonna grab them next year.

He's worse than Horner in terms of self-plagiarism though.

He doesn't self-plagiarize. He just plagiarizes, takes others peoples music and calls it his own.

EDIT:

Wait, never mind, that's Tyler Bates. I got the two mixed, but whatever, they both suck.

I love Hans Zimmer, what I don't like his what he's done to the world of film scores. Every other score out nowadays seems to be a bad attempt to copy Zimmer's style. Some of them have done good things (John Powell), but there's just too many.

I've yet to hear a reasonable argument as to why his music is bad, specifically in the actual writing.

did you read Fiery Angel's post in this very thread from a few years back

That sums up Hans Zimmer in a nutshell.

With his bigger scores yes.

I wouldn't call synth scores "bigger". In any case, I was responding to Kora's claim that Zimmer is a complete and utter sh*t.

Actually I have seen all of Star Trek TNG...all though a lot of episodes I don't remember. But you mean to tell me they actually wore those in that episode? :)

Since now all the Star Trek series are pretty cheap on DVD I'm gonna grab them next year.

As far as I remember it was one of these Q episodes. Q loved to annoy the Crew by decorating them in that way...