Important themes Willams never conducted in concerts..

King Mark

ok,so he never played Han solo and the Princess,as though it does not exist,any others?

I am not aware that he has played Poseidon Adventure or Towering Inferno in concert.

K.M.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure.

I don't think he performed all the pieces in the HP children suite(Family Portrait,The sorcerer's Stone,Voldermort...)

K.M.

Buckbeaks Flight  

That's what I thought of first.

I don't remember ever hearing about him playing anything from The Witches of Eastwick..."Dance of the Witches" and "The Ballroom Scene" would both be great in concert. Also, SpaceCamp has a nice concert piece I don't believe he's ever performed.

Ray Barnsbury

I don't remember ever hearing about him playing anything from The Witches of Eastwick

I've been to a Boston Pops concert where he conducted Devil's Dance.

I would love to hear Fitzwilly Overture, or the boating music from Jaws 2. And although the Pops has recorded them, I have never heard of the following being performed at any of his concerts and would love to hear them:

Parade of the Slave Children

The Lost Boys Ballet

Forest Battle

Jabba the Hutt

Smee's Plan

My Friend, the Brachiosaurus

Amazing Stories

Lost in Space

Land of the Giants

the NBC News alternates

I think it would be cool to have an orchestral arrangement of Guide for the Married Man.

How do you know he's not done that. I remember hearing him conduct music from Jaws 2 with the BP. Watched it on public tv.

I've seen him do Angela's Ashes at Tanglewood.

What I would love to hear though, is all the great themes from Close Encounters that are not included in his concert suite. Seriously, I've seen him do "Excerpts from Close Encounters" several times. It lasts about ten minutes but doesn't have any of that film's music that I really want to hear live.

Has he played As The Water live yet?

I believe he worked it into the suite he performed at Tanglewood last week. I don't recall, specifically, though. The second to last movement featured an extensive cello solo that resembled As the Water.

Ted

I was very surprised to hear War of the Worlds at Tanglewood. It just seemed like it wasnt concert worthy. I relate that score to Minority Report and Ive never seen him conduct that in concert.

Although I didnt expect it, I was very happy to hear War of the Worlds live. It gave me a different perspective on the score. Good stuff.

Yes, me too. It was nice to hear something that's "different" than your typical Williams concert material. I don't think it was well received or appreciated, but that's to be expected when people go to see John Williams expecting to hear Star Wars and Indiana Jones. I really liked the War of the Worlds concert piece, I must say.

Ted

And additionally, I would love to hear a new Childrens Suite from Azkaban! How about including The Whomping Willow, Hagrid the Professor, patronous Light, and Buckbeack's Flight (perhaps as a finale!!??). There is so much more in that score than just Aunt Marge:)

Would love to hear the Freedom motif/John Quincy Adams theme from Amistad in concert too! And, I have never heard the Boston Pops do Hymn to the Fallen, which I think would be great at Tanglewood on Parade. Actually the only time I've heard it is Erich Kunzel and the National Symph a couple years back for Memorial Day.

I would love to hear the themes from AI too. Abandoned in the Woods/The Mecha World, Blue Fairy Theme, etc. Theres just so much more that I would love to hear in concert but probably will never hear.

Lastly, how about Swing, Swing, Swing? That would be perfect for the type of film montages he does at Film Night, especially with the clip of it showing on the screen. You can tell how much of a fanatic I am. Later!

JMan

I would like to hear the "Trade Federation" theme in an awesome concert arrangement.

And the "Lamentation" from ROTS.

I'd like to hear concert arrangements that were different than the same composition with some different instruments or tempos here and there (like 99% of them)

And additionally, I would love to hear a new Childrens Suite from Azkaban! How about including The Whomping Willow, Hagrid the Professor, patronous Light, and Buckbeack's Flight (perhaps as a finale!!??). There is so much more in that score than just Aunt Marge:)

Would love to hear the Freedom motif/John Quincy Adams theme from Amistad in concert too! And, I have never heard the Boston Pops do Hymn to the Fallen, which I think would be great at Tanglewood on Parade. Actually the only time I've heard it is Erich Kunzel and the National Symph a couple years back for Memorial Day.  

I would love to hear the themes from AI too. Abandoned in the Woods/The Mecha World, Blue Fairy Theme, etc. Theres just so much more that I would love to hear in concert but probably will never hear.  

Lastly, how about Swing, Swing, Swing? That would be perfect for the type of film montages he does at Film Night, especially with the clip of it showing on the screen. You can tell how much of a fanatic I am. Later!

JMan

I've heard both Hymn to the Fallen and Swing, Swing, Swing in concert by the Boston Pops. I agree that Swing, Swing, Swing would be great played with the film clip! I forgot about that third theme from Amistad(The Long Road to Justice), that would be nice heard live too.

Chase Through Coruscant would be fun to hear in concert. Williams is overdue for a concert version of an action cue, and this one is quite an orchestral workout.

Theme from "The Eiger Sanction"

Jeff

Good call. I love that theme! There is a wonderful rendition in the cue, "Scaling the Mountain," as well.

Ted