You don't listen to the score in advance in case it spoils it for you but you'll uncover every little plot detail before seeing the movie? :lol:

le-hobbit-desolation-smaug-poster-taurie

LOL

I just started cracking up when I saw this one!

Apparently, she has the ability to conceal her weapons (Dagger, Bow) until the last second, so thats what she is doing, not that it makes it any less hideous...

I great prefer the one made for AUJ but this has some nice eye catching features like the last panel and Gandalf in Dol Guldur. But it feels more clumsily stitched together and unevenly compiled than the previous one. Orlando and Evangeline look rather artificially crammed into the middle section too.

I great prefer the one made for AUJ .. [this one] feels more clumsily stitched together and unevenly compiled than the previous one.

Perhaps because they had more story "events" to cram into this one?

Hmm. The original Film 1 banner was still the best.

Yeap.

Gandalf in the new banner looks like he has just figured out he has stepped on a trap door that is about to open below him and is thinking "Oh crap!" :lol:

The original banner more organically flowed from scene to scene. Plus only featured scenes and characters from the book :P

Hmm. The original Film 1 banner was still the best.

Yeap.

Gandalf in the new banner looks like he has just figured out he has stepped on a trap door that is about to open below him and is thinking "Oh crap!" :lol:

Or like he is praying over his dinner:

"Oh lord, thank you for providing these Orcs I about to slay" ;)

I quoted it and made it my own at the same time so I am safe! (I could have linked to it though, BTW do you have account there? or do you just Lurk ;) )

You know what they say! "If you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything!"

Or is it "If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving"?

Every time I look at TORn forums, all I see is this one fellow who is in a perpetual state of angst about Gandalf's portrayal/power/etc. There is always a new thread about that from him, with only slightly varied wording or context.

AinurOlorin?

I think he does that because of the forum setup (the thread gets buried, and never comes back up in the default view, no matter is someone posts in it.)

The forum software is ancient and in desperate need of an upgrade. One of the big reasons why i hardly ever go there.

Every time I look at TORn forums, all I see is this one fellow who is in a perpetual state of angst about Gandalf's portrayal/power/etc. There is always a new thread about that from him, with only slightly varied wording or context.

Gandalf's magic/powers have been quite well portrayed in the films, even in AUJ with perhaps the exception of the blast that topples all the goblins in the caves although even that is in the spirit of the novel (where Gandalf's magic is more potent yet remains subtle apart from a few lightning like flashes). It is one area where I am completely happy with the films.

It is one area I am completely comfortable with the films.

Wait until you see DOS before saying that! It's the film that could break Gandalf (and I mean that in every way possible)!

Yes the famous last words before the fall. ;)

Wait until you see DOS before saying that! It's the film that could break Gandalf (and I mean that in every way possible)!

They already had him breakdance in FOTR!

I think he does that because of the forum setup (the thread gets buried, and never comes back up in the default view, no matter is someone posts in it.)

Yep. TheOneRing has an awful forum in that regard. In just ten minutes, you have like 15 new threads popping up, and each on a very specific topic: Thorin's shoes, Kili's hair, etc. And because of that, each thread gets relegated to another page pretty quickly (especially since when someone adds a new post in a thread, it doesn't bump it at the top of the list). It's a fucking mayhem! It's full of great info, but it's not really user-friendly.

Well, there is a icon you can click that will sort it by activity, which helps immensely.

They already had him breakdance in FOTR!

He elected the way of funk.

Well, there is a icon you can click that will sort it by activity, which helps immensely.

It seems you need an account to have access to that icon.

Wrong! On the right side, where it says Age (creation) , just click "creation" once, and now it will now say Age (activity)

Just lurking... To make sure you don't say bad things about JWFAN there!

You lurk everywhere! Forfeit the Messenger title so I may dub thee The Lurker.

There is hope there still! They are stronger than you think.

I owe not my allegiance to one master alone BlooadBoal!

Ignore the trolls, and you have some really great, genuine, sincere members who contribute to insightful discussion. Its a wonderful community that's underrated and often misunderstood.