Well I dunno about anybody else, but I just learned from the new vlog that I've been pronouncing Tauriel wrong all this time :P

I assume others are watching the live feed of the fan event?

http://collider.com/the-hobbit-desolation-of-smaug-video-qa-peter-jackson/

Does it bother anyone else when they stat that The Hobbit takes place 60 years before LOTR? Sure, it takes place 60 years before Bilbo's 111st birthday, but the main action of LOTR takes place 17 years after that!

Wow, Luke Evans does look a lot like Orlando Bloom!

Well I dunno about anybody else, but I just learned from the new vlog that I've been pronouncing Tauriel wrong all this time :P

Lol Same here. I used to pronounce it as "Tow-riel", and turns out I was quite wrong. :)

I've been pronouncing it "tour ree ell"

WOW! At the end of the live event, a BRAND NEW TRAILER was shown, and it was awesome! Easily the best trailer for DOS and probably the best trailer since the original teaser. Tons of new footage and new lines. it was really awesome!

It did use generic trailer music though, no Shore music in it.

Like I said in the other trailer .I thought it was cool. But I didn't like Smaug's voice in the end, and I don't like the emphasis/continuation of the AUJ prologue stuff. Other than that, it was a good trailer.

OK.... not really understanding your complaint?

Attack on Dale = Least favourite sequence from AUJ

I was hoping I didn't have to see it again in the new film.

It was more than 2 shots, but it entails that we'll be seeing that stuff in DoS, probably through flashback/storytelling mode. I find that unnecessary and would prefer if it wasn't going to be in the new film.

Apparently, Bolg's new design was in there somewhere, pretty much the same, but no beard/hair?

http://newboards.theonering.net/forum/gforum/perl/gforum.cgi?do=post_view_flat;post=660480;page=2;sb=post_time;so=DESC;mh=25;

Wow, I didn't realize when i saw the trailer for the first time that it was 3 minutes long. Looks great in HD! Very exciting trailer, gets you really pumped for the movie!

Definitely will be a darker movie that AUJ was! But, TTT was darker that FOTR, so it makes sense.

Shore's Music:

0:45-0:54: New action material

1:04-1:06: Sounds like the starting pitches of The Threat of Dol Goldur

1:07-1:35: New action material

2:04-2:25: Erebor Theme + Thorin's Theme (not sure if it's new though)

2:30-2:42: Definitely a new statement of Bilbo's Fussy Theme

4:21-4:33: New playful, hobbit-like material

5:36-5:50: New, fully orchestral recording of "The Edge of the Wild"

6:29-6:56: Woodland Realm music

6:56-7:40: An ominous moment with a soprano (not sure if its a boy soprano) singing on top, followed by suspense material

7:41-8:00: same action stuff heard at 1:07

8:03-end: It's The Threat of Mordor itself (ending on a darker note), not the varied Necromancer motif (Threat of Dol Goldur) we heard in AUJ.

BTW, what is the "lord of silver fountains" business all about?

It's part of the folk song that the people of Laketown sang after Smaug took the Mountain for himself. It's supposed to tell of the Dwarf-King's return. It's pretty much to The Hobbit what "All That is Gold Does Not Glitter" was to LotR.

The King beneath the mountains,
The King of carven stone,
The lord of silver fountains
Shall come into his own!

His crown shall be upholden,
His harp shall be restrung,
His halls shall echo golden
To songs of yore re-sung.

The woods shall wave on mountains
And grass beneath the sun;
His wealth shall flow in fountains
And the rivers golden run.

The streams shall run in gladness,
The lakes shall shine and burn,
All sorrow fail and sadness
At the Mountain-king's return!

Heck,. I am to the point , that even if they just used a concept art from Lee or Howe, and slapped titles on it, it would look good.

I thought the short shot of Smaug opening his eye looked really good!

I don't like how they put Pippin's line "you are part of this world" into Tauriel's mouth. And Balin's line "it never ceases to amaze me, the courage of hobbits" could validate the track list (track 7, disc 2).

That's how Jackson likes to work; have Shore compose a temp track to know what doesn't work, then put the appropriate LotR music in place.

Btw, any plans for a Hobbit double feature yet?

Too bad it wasn't updated for the EE.....

I still can't get over how much better the CGI is in this trailer compared to both the earlier DOS trailer and the AUJ film itself. This bodes really well for how awesome TABA will be!

Oh, and here's a summary of the 20 minuets of footages shown at the fan event (this footage wasn't streamed)

The first scene we saw was Bilbo climbing up through the trees in Mirkwood with the butterflies. After seeing the direction they need to head in Bilbo notices trees in the distance shaking. He's then knocked down by spiders.This was absolutely beautiful. I was worried about the green screens throughout the production but my gosh it looked amazing here.

Next was part of the spider fight and the naming of Sting. At first all we can hear is the spiders hissing but when Bilbo slips on the ring we can began to hear them speaking. Though when Bilbo takes the ring off later we still hear one of them speak so i'm not sure what exactly is the case there. Quite comedic in tone which I was a little disappointed in but I still really liked it. However something I didn't like was the slow mo effect in the 'ring world' while Bilbo fights the spiders.
Next was the orc interrogation with Tauriel, Legolas and Thrandy. Really enjoyed this. After Tauriel gets a little hot-headed Thranduil sends her off before continuing to question the orc. After the orc begins to talk of their time coming again and return of darkness etc. Thranduil beheads him. Very cool. Thrandy is clearly worried at this news and orders that no one enter or leave the kingdom
Next we see Bilbo releasing the dwarves from their cells. I think this may have been cut down a bit as there were quite a few weird jumps in the editing. (though thats true for all of the footage but definitely here.) He leads them down into the cellar where two elves are passed out drunk. The dwarves are initially reluctant to get into the barrels but Thorin basically says 'do what Bilbo tells you' and they eventually do. After releasing all the Barrels down the hatch Biblo realises that there is no Barrel left for him before accidently finding his way out barrel-less. Really funny scene here.
Then we saw a bit of the dwarves on the boat post barrel sequence with Bard requiring money to transport them. They all give up everything they have, (though Gloin needed a reminder of their end goal again before coughing up.) The dwarves are very mistrustful of Bard here. As they approach Laketown (which looks iiinncreddible) they are forced back into barrels while Bard barters their way in before they are all covered in fish to hide themselves. This was probably my favourite scene.
Balin and Bilbo in the tunnel was next. With Balin telling Bilbo to look for the arkenstone which I think he described as a 'large white gem'. After some great dialouge (which is in the new trailer) about the courage of Hobbits, Biblo continues into Smaugs lair.
Finally we see Bilbo creeping through the treasure looking for the Arkenstone. Very much playing on the idea of a needle in a haystack here. It was really funny. After picking up a chalice, a heap of coins dislodge and Smaugs eye is revealed. Slowly more and more of Smaug is seen as the coins and jewels continue to fall away. This was both funny (for us) yet terryfying (for Bilbo). I really liked the way they handle the reveal.
And that was it! Fantastic stuff. I can't wait to see the rest.

There's no spiders theme in AUJ. I have no idea what the guy is referring to. The only thing he could mean is the Necromancer's theme statement playing when the spiders flee from Rosghobel (which you can hear near the end of Radagast The Brown extended version around the 5'00 mark), which is the only scene where we see them in the film

Huh? The part where the spiders flee is in the regular version of the track. The extra music in the SE track is (we assume) another version of the Radagast exploring Dol Goldur scene remember?

My phone autocorrected. Anyways there is a theme for the spiders, it plays over the two shots of them when Radagast looks over in your test 3 video