Great Job Ricard and Andreas

Wow, what a difference.

I love the links on the left . Is it frames? If it is, i'm not sure if I'll be able to use the site at work..

It looks great. EXCELLENT job!

REnovia

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I first got here and it thought I was Justin. Then I wanted to change my avatar, but can't find a way to put the new one on, and it deleted my signature. :)

Neil

Hmmm,it's ok,but what's the real difference though :? The MB looks a bit cramped.

And I can't bookmark the MB without having to go through the main page...

K.M.Who also lost his signature.

I's just there's a big blank space at the left of the screen and the fonts of the MB are smaller.

Hmm....the fonts on the main page and the board's start page are very small (and fixed size - they ignore my browser's "larger fonts" setting), but the font size on the actual board seems to be the same to me.

Scissorhands, your mayor is fun, but it's so huge - causes a lot of scrolling.

Actually, I don't like the layout. I appreciate the work Ricard and Andreas put into it, but I don't like the result. It feels very cold, distant, and the MS Sans Serif rounds out the off-putting effect.

It is, yes, the tidiest the site has ever been, but it's also the most impersonal.

I have no problems.....only that I wanted to change my profile and I couldn't.

But I've read in other sites that people is having problems to enter jwfan.net

Of course, people were having problems to enter JWFan.net -while the site was down, that is! :)

It is, yes, the tidiest the site has ever been, but it's also the most impersonal.

I'm afraid I have to agree too.

It looks very professional tough... but professional do not always rymes with impersonnal. :)

Keep doing the great job you've been up to since 1998 ! :)

Well,now that someone brought it up,it does look tidy and profesionnal,but imo also impersonnal.

Best look for the main page to date.:John Williams Central,was more colorful and had a cool banner,and was eazier to read.

Best Message(and more fun) board to date:EZ Board(Before the pop up adds and floaters...)

K.M.Who notes that many ancient regulars have quit the MB because(probably),of constant changes.

K.K.M.Who knows that in 6 months we'll have a different site and message board anyways.

To be found a perfect layout is very heavily for all user

I hope that the most of users like the new layout. But one will not surely do it to all of them right. For propositions we are always open.

Thanks

Andreas ( Admin )

Well,now that someone brought it up,it does look tidy and profesionnal,but imo also impersonnal..

I'm sure it will look more personal as soon as we have our final logo.

Best look for the main page to date.:John Williams Central,was more colorful and had a cool banner,and was eazier to read...

The new banner (which I'm sure it'll be 'cool' ;)) will make the site more 'colorful'. As for that old incarnation being easier to read, I don't share your opinion, but that's probably too subjective since I can't see the exact same fonts, size and spaces that you see on your PC.

Best Message(and more fun) board to date:EZ Board(Before the pop up adds and floaters...)

I remember that you were constantly complaining when we moved to EZBoard (and before the pop-up adds and floaters appeared), therefore your new complaint doesn't come as a surprise. Besides (and I'm sorry, but that's the truth) you always prefer the old sites and boards -that's the way it's been since I know you. As for EzBoard being 'more fun', I think that's also as subjective as it is true that you always seem to think that old times are better, regardless of their actual virtues of defects.

K.M.Who notes that many ancient regulars have quit the MB because(probably),of constant changes.

Once again, I have to disagree with you (assuming that you really believe what you say). I have observed throughout the years that visitors and members always come and go regardless of what you call 'constant changes' (another definition I don't agree with).

K.K.M.Who knows that in 6 months we'll have a different site and message board anyways.

Perhaps you don't realize that such a remark doesn't exactly help in our work on the site improvements. Because that's exactly what they are (or try to be): improvements. Perhaps you should realize that we do not make these changes for the sake of it. We do it because we are always trying to make the site better in all aspects. Perhaps you (who seem to have a good memory for some things, but pretty bad for others) are not aware that during the last year and a half we have strongly improved the quality of this free service (free for you, not for Andreas, who pays for the server and spends a lot of time working on it, nor for me, since I've spent an incalculable amount of time during the last 3 years and a half working on this site, always trying to make improvements), offering a better, faster message board with lots of useful features and no pop-up ads or banners, plus a better site with a better news system, as well as more user friendly than the old ones. Perhaps you're not aware that working with the old sytem and server was a real pain in the a**, and that in a matter of days we'll have the most complete, informative, useful and easy to navigate version of this site ever. Perhaps... well, I'm too tired too continue.

Ricard - Who does appreciate improvements, unlike KM.

Well,you know me,Ricard,I've complained every time we change things... ;)

Now that you explained things,I feel better,I hope you do...

K.M.Grateful and still faitfull to every transmutation of the JW main website.

Top notch job, guys. Thanks so much for all you do for this site. I'd be lost without it!

BTW, will it be possible to change the time zone? Not a big deal, just wondering. Keep up the great work!

Ray Barnsbury

I didn't even notice the font style has changed - I've set my default web font to a sans serif font long ago, because it's far easier to read on a computer screen. So if the site used to have serif fonts and doesn't now - very good. :fouetaa:

I admit I'm not too happy with the bar on the left, but I think the integration makes sense, and I wouldn't know how to make it differently (except with real frames, which are evil).

My one wish though would be to change the fixed-size fonts. So many sites these days have fonts that are the same size no matter what your browser setting is. I know it's much more difficult to make a good-looking site with relative font sizes, but these small fonts are very hard to read on my laptop (small screen & huge resolution).

Meant as constructive criticism of course. Great job overall. :angry:

Marian - who hasn't relaunched his homepage in years, because he doesn't know how to design the new one.

;) The 7th Voyage of Sinbad (Herrmann; RSNO & Debney)

Thanks for the suggestion, Marian. And I hope that at least some of you guys noticed that I changed the color of the links (including the main page headlines and the thread titles) to darker, bold blue, among other minor changes ;)

And I hope that at least some of you guys noticed that...

Hmm...yes...now that you mention it... :dontgetit: (what happened to the blushing emoticon?) But sometimes, the best design is the one you don't notice right away. :)

:wow: It logged me out! Never happened on the "old" board. JavaScript & Cookies are enabled - a new bug?

Mh not a bug. The time is over for "log in forever". Sorry! Postnuke ( Mainsystem of this website ) has a harder security system and this is the problem. Sorry.

Andreas ( Admin )

(small screen & huge resolution).

There's your problem, don't blame Ricard :)

Thanks for the suggestion, Marian. And I hope that at least some of you guys noticed that I changed the color of the links (including the main page headlines and the thread titles) to darker, bold blue, among other minor changes

Arg why! I much prefer it as how it was.

And I hope that at least some of you guys noticed that I changed the color of the links (including the main page headlines and the thread titles) to darker, bold blue, among other minor changes

Arg why! I much prefer it as how it was.

I don't (and I'm sure most users agree).

Mh not a bug. The time is over for  "log in forever". Sorry! Postnuke ( Mainsystem of this website ) has a harder security system and this is the problem. Sorry.

Hmm....but what does the "Log in automatically" (or whatever it's called) checkbox do, then? And it works most of the time...or does the session simply run out after a few hours?

Marian - wondering.

The site seems to have evolved past the capabilities of my 3-year old Mac. I can't pull up the site at home. But I can still participate from work, as long I as I am here!

Great job Ricard and Andreas -- nice, clean look. I'm not really a fan of anything too graphics heavy. This site just gets better and better. Now I need to find time to catch up with all threads!

the five tones

I'm a bit late, but I also like the fact that the main site is now integrated into the MB. That makes it MUCH easier to navigate, IMO.

Not that anything else is much different. My only problem with changing MBs is the fact that we lose all of our old identities, posts, quotes, message counts, ect. And since this didn't happen this time, I'm all for it. Other than that, I've enjoyed the improvements overt the years.

(I also think that what KM is trying to say is ""If it ain't broke, why fix it?". Still, none of the changes have been for the worse, so I personally can't complain. :) )

Great work guys. Keep this site the best to get and discuss news on ol' Johnny boy! :)