Austin Powers 4

Joe Brausam

Austin Powers Will Return

Looks like we're definitely getting a fourth Austin Powers movie! WOKR-TV reports:

Mike Myers is reportedly set to make one final outing as spoof spy Austin Powers - despite promising the kitsch character would never grace the silver screen again.

The Wayne's World comic is working on a script and there are plans to go into pre-production in the spring, with the shoot taking place at Shepperton and Pinewood studios in England before the end of the year.

Myers will once again take on writing and directing duties and will star as a variety of characters, including Austin, Dr. Evil and Fat [censored].

In the fourth movie in the series, Austin will be reunited with all his leading ladies from the previous three films: Liz Hurley, Heather Graham and Beyonce Knowles.

There are once again expected to be a number of cameos from Hollywood stars.

Oh, Behave! Could 'Austin Powers 4' Be In The Works?

LOS ANGELES, Calif. (May 9, 2007) -- Mike Myers is a busy man. On top of "Shrek the Third" opening next weekend, he has nine other films in development -- including new reports of a possible fourth installment of his “Austin Powers” fan-favorite franchise.

Myers reportedly told Sci Fi Wire that he definitely wants to make another "Austin Powers" movie, and said he will get to it after he finishes his next project, "The Love Guru."

Myers teased the plot idea that's been floating around in his head.

"I have figured out that the story will be taken from the point of Doctor Evil," he said, referring to Austin Powers' bald arch-nemesis (whom Myers also portrays in the films). "It will be powered from Doctor Evil's point of view."

Myers' publicist tells Access that the "Austin Powers 4" idea is just that -- an idea. While that doesn't mean it won't happen, there's nothing definite in the works at this time.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What will it be called?

"Dr Nob"

"From Rectum With Lumps"

"Thundernuts"

"Secretly Servicing Her Vagesty"

Actually one of the best Austin Powers-style titles was already taken by a kids film called "Thunderpants", that would have been perfect!

I'm excitied by this news. You can never have too many Austin Powers films.

Funny - I just read an article about a possible Terminator 4, only to on here and read this.....I like The Powers movies, but Goldmember seemed to finally use up all the jokes (and kill a few in the process)...not sure what else is left in the pot, but I'd go and see it anyway....

Myers will once again take on writing and directing duties...

Jay Roach directed the three Austin Powers movies.

That third one was garbage and I hope the fourth one doesn't happen.

Neil

I like the first two a lot, but the third wasn't anything special, other than the terrific opening sequence. I wish they'd just let film series end these days!

Ray Barnsbury

I like the first two a lot, but the third wasn't anything special, other than the terrific opening sequence. I wish they'd just let film series end these days!

Ray Barnsbury

But then, how would they compete against the new wave of high-value drama television that's stealing everyone's attention these days with more original scripts? I mean, they could try and write original scripts themselves but, y'know... you can just hire Ben Affleck and be the hell done with it. So d'uh.

It might be good, but I think that its best left as is. The first two were awesome.

I enjoyed the third one just as much as the first two, but Mark is right, it wrapped up the series perfectly and anything else would just seem tacked on.

Although, as pixie said, you really can't have too much Austin Powers...

Fat Bastard is (to me) the funniest of all of Myers' Powers characters. Maybe I'm just easily amused . . .

I enjoyed the third one just as much as the first two, but Mark is right, it wrapped up the series perfectly and anything else would just seem tacked on.

Although, as pixie said, you really can't have too much Austin Powers...

Yeah baby yeah!

Fat Bastard and Mini-Me screwed the series over. I guess that makes only the first film a particularly good one.

I'm excitied by this news. You can never have too many Austin Powers films.

I reckon there are two too many.

International Man of Mystery is one of my favourite films. It was just so fresh and hilarious.

The first film is easily the best as it has a rather moving sub-story of a once-hip and sexy guy finding himself completely out of place in the modern world, which juxtaposed the silliness beautifully. The sequels don't have that, but they do have plenty of outrageous comedy situations which Myers executes very well. Their lack of anything really "meaningful" means that further sequels have absolutely nothing to lose. They can go on being silly without damaging a serious "classic" franchise. As long as the writers come up with good gags I'll be happy to sit through more camp Austin Powers films.

Plus they contain some of the best Bond music not written by John Barry.

Dr. Evil is my favorite character out of the series.

For Your Thighs Only?

I think it was one of the alternate titles they were going to use if Goldmember wasn't. As for everyone saying that the third one wrapped thins up nicely, I disagree. I really didn't like it and hope that he can redeem himself with a new one. There are plenty of things of Bond left to spoof, why not?

the first was ok, the 2nd better and in parts hysterical, the third never saw, except bits and pieces on tv and it looked awful, beyonce knowles(if she were a man she'd be Ben Affleck) was in it so I knew it couldn't be good.

Plus they contain some of the best Bond music not written by John Barry.

Dr. Evil is my favorite character out of the series.

Yes and yes. They actually released a CD of just score from the first two films, and I bought it just for the Bond parody cues.

The opening credits make it worth watching.

Change that to, "It's worth watching the opening credits".

In fact,

Neil