Zimmer on POTC: At World's End

Snowster

I don't see what's so singularly stupid about it. I like alot of repetitive and bland music, and yet I have to acknowledge that it is bland and repetitive.

And so is Zimmer's music. Blandness and the perception of it are two completely different things.

I have nothing against people liking Hans Zimmer's music.

I just can't stand it when people proclaim his stuff as intelligent and inspired, when it is, in fact by the way, not.

Go ahead, listen to Zimmer as much as you like, I would even put you your headphones on personally. Rave about you loving his music as much as your heart desires! But don't rave about his musical qualities - for they are few.

Well that's about the dumbest thing I've heard in awhile. I find it hard to believe you can type that with a straight face (and I don't know that for a fact).

What kind of music do you enjoy? Because I'll just go ahead and tell you that it's bland and uninspired, you're just not aware of it. ;)

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that's about the dumbest thing I've heard in awhile. I find it hard to believe you can type that with a straight face

Well, that just shows what state the world is in.

Now we're talking about the state the world is in? And here I thought we were just talking about film music.....

"Opinions are like *ssholes. Everyone has one and they all stink"

I'm glad this Zimmer war is finally being addressed. Personally I can't stand John Williams' music, but does anyone see me whining and complaining about it? The only reason I'm even on this board is for threads about other composers like Zimmer, Shore, Morricone, Jablonsky, etc. I'm no professor of music, but who's to say any of us is? What this all comes down to is a bunch of average Joes arguing over a few music notes. Music is music, and who gives a d*mn about the specifics?

I'm glad this Zimmer war is finally being addressed. Personally I can't stand John Williams' music, but does anyone see me whining and complaining about it? The only reason I'm even on this board is for threads about other composers like Zimmer, Shore, Morricone, Jablonsky, etc. I'm no professor of music, but who's to say any of us is? What this all comes down to is a bunch of average Joes arguing over a few music notes. Music is music, and who gives a d*mn about the specifics?

Get the ;) out of here.

I would suggest you go to moviemusic.com or Filmtracks and not bother to troll this message board with crap about Zimmer.