An Imaginary Scenario

nicholas

Imagine you are in a smart-ish restaurant when suddenly you notice that John Williams is sitting on the next table with a small group of friends. Would you:

1) quietly finish your meal as if you had no idea who he was, then leave without glancing back

2) giggle inanely and keep whispering about him to your partner

3) constantly wink at him and give him thumbs-up signs

4) approach him and ask him to sign your napkin

5) insist on joining him at his table and spending the rest of the evening asking him questions, despite his constant entreaties for you to leave

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would probably politely approach him and just tell him succinctly how much his music has meant to me over the years. I wouldn't want to disturb his private dinner by gushing like a fanboy or asking for an autograph.

Ray Barnsbury

I would probably politely approach him and just tell him succinctly how much his music has meant to me over the years. I wouldn't want to disturb his private dinner by gushing like a fanboy or asking for an autograph.

Ray Barnsbury

Ditto.

Especially considering that his fans aren't your typical run-of-the-mill kind.

I would wait till he was ready to leave and approach him then. Apologize for holding him up then give him the speech I would have rehearsed the short time waiting at my table. Then start crying for dramatic effect.

That would entirely depend on how wasted I was!

I would probably leave the poor old bastard alone anyway. I'd give him a high five going out the door perhaps.

Ray Barnsbury

Agreed.

Haha. That'd be a fun little game, whistle/hum/perform on wine glasses snippets of his various themes and see how long it would take him to notice. He'd probably think the theme from Jane Eyre was a lovely new British folk tune.

Ray Barnsbury

Ray Barnsbury

Same here.

I'd wait for an opportune moment to ask for his autograph. If I didn't, I'd kick myself hard everyday for the rest of my life.

I would uncloak my shotgun (Kyle Reese style) and proceed to blow him and associates away, before turning the gun on myself.

It would be a bloodbath.

No this couldn't have happened, sensing Mr Williams in danger I would have leap frogged (yes leap frogged) over to the restaurant and thrown the first pirates of the Caribbean score at you to slice your throat. Yeah that's right I got his back like that.

I would uncloak my shotgun (Kyle Reese style) and proceed to blow him and associates away, before turning the gun on myself.

It would be a bloodbath.

No this couldn't have happened, sensing Mr Williams in danger I would have leap frogged (yes leap frogged) over to the restaurant and thrown the first pirates of the Caribbean score at you to slice your throat. Yeah that's right I got his back like that.

Even if your (anticipated Williams defender) leap frogging unrealistically allowed you to survive my sharp over the shoulder boom shot, I'd always have my Plan B: Total demoralisation via 'THE CITY OF PRAGUE PHILHARMONIC PLAYS HORNER'S DANGER MOTIF... ON REPEAT' three cd album.

The first disc alone would've been enough to send your Caribbean cd into 'lethal film score' oblivion.

It would be a bloodbath.

Even if your (anticipated Williams defender) leap frogging unrealistically allowed you to survive my sharp over the shoulder boom shot, I'd always have my Plan B: Total demoralisation via 'THE CITY OF PRAGUE PHILHARMONIC PLAYS HORNER'S DANGER MOTIF... ON REPEAT' three cd album.

The first disc alone would've been enough to send your Caribbean cd into 'lethal film score' oblivion.

I've listened to bad rap and survived, my ears can whether Horner. Thus distracting you Williams would have pulled out his magic stick of wonder aka baton, and composed out of thin air something so brilliant your mind would have exploded. He would thank me and offer to score a movie I made. The rest is history. Thank you and good night.

Yup, that'd be me, too. I'd want to take option #5, but I wouldn't be able to intrude so much. If he seemed open to conversation with a polite stranger, I'd definitely take the opportunity. But my first priority would be to quickly let him know that his genius has given me inspiration and a great deal of pleasure.

I would sit next to Mr. Williams, take out a bag of popcorn and together we would watch the ultimate death match between TheGreatEye and HPfan 2, taking bets on which one survives.

I'd intercept him on his way to the restroom.

I'd intercept him in the restroom.

Roflmao!

I can just picture it now.

Magical Me and John Williams at the urinals taking a wee.

Magical Me: Say...you ever heard Jaws?

Magical Me: Dum-dum dum-dum

I'd intercept him on his way to the restroom.

I'd intercept him in the restroom.

Roflmao!

I can just picture it now.

Magical Me and John Williams at the urinals taking a wee.

Magical Me: Say...you ever heard Jaws?

Magical Me: Dum-dum dum-dum

;)

Or be in a stall and out of no where go "dum-dum.....dum-dum"

"That's a mighty big baton you have Mr. Williams."

*no comment :lol: *

I would sit next to Mr. Williams, take out a bag of popcorn and together we would watch the ultimate death match between TheGreatEye and HPfan 2, taking bets on which one survives.

JOHN WILLIAMS (to JWfangirl1992, chewing popcorn): "You know, this happens to me very often. I don't know how the frog-leaping black guy ever finds the time. Oooh, I hope he pulls "The Fifth Element" for total annihilation this time -- he hasn't done that for a while, and it's a killer. It just isn't Thursday without it."

I guess he'd eventually change the subject as the battle rages on. "So, stop me if you've heard this one..."

I would wait untill he was leaving and approach him politely.

Congratulate him and if he could be kind enough to give me an autograph and if i could make a photo lwith him.

Heck im from Spain, it's not like i can see him when he performs in concerts....