500 Things I Know About John Williams

Quintus

367: He has written more film scores than Chuck Norris!!!

363: Chuck Norris listens to The Hunt on his ipod when he's out roundhousing scumbag criminals. And MV employees.

375. He has never been to Texas. Insulting.

John he did conduct the Dallas Symphony once that I know of. I'm not sure of the date but I believe it was in the 80's or late 70's.

361. He's never been to Texas when I would have a chance to see him. Annoying.

Well this thread is over. Started out really good, loved the idea, now it's just plain stupid.

You have 350 plus ways to make it right.

Tell me something I don't know about John Williams.

359: His Cantina Band tune, remixed by Mecca, is technically the only Williams composition to make the Top 10 in the UK pop music charts. In some countries I believe it made No.1.

Either way, it was always going to be an inevitability that the barrel's bottom would be scraped at some point. I just thought it wouldn't be until the last 100 at least. A shameful performance indeed!

And you call yourselves JW fans!

350. He is a genuine ass when it comes to signing an autograph for a 15 year old girl chasing his limo for a block in NY at midnight in a skirt and high heels freezing her ass off after waiting an hour after the concert....but I wouldn't know anything about that.

My bad for not taking stuff like that into consideration, even if it was an utterly off the cuff remark (like most things I say here). But like practically ALL long serving Harry Potter fans say: "She's only a few months away". As spoken by Jonathon Ross on his BBC1 friday night chat show. The dirty bastard.

Less of that moral high ground bollocks please.

355. He was genuinly pleased for Howard Shore.
354. He had that same genuinly pleased looked when Santaollala's score was announced as the winner over Geisha.

Apparently he's taken to self-medicating before attending the Oscars. That could explain the serene, glazed expression.

349. His favorite key is D Major.

348. He once owned a house in Telluride, CO.

347. He does not have perfect pitch.

Have those been said already?

I don't think they have. He doesn't have perfect pitch eh?

340. he votes for himself in the Academy Awards.

Well how do you know that AI?

Because I was watching Entertainment Tonight once in the early 90's, and there was an interview with JW about that he was nominated twice, for IJ3 and BOTFOJ.

He was asked , will you vote for yourself? to which he replied, "will I vote for myself?, oh I would never tell that!" but you can tell by the precious, smug smile on his face that he did in fact vote for himself.

But which score did he vote for AI?

Born on the fourth of July, of course.

350. He is a genuine ass when it comes to signing an autograph for a 15 year old girl chasing his limo for a block in NY at midnight in a skirt and high heels freezing her ass off after waiting an hour after the concert....but I wouldn't know anything about that.

I still can't get this image out of my head!

That is all kinds of hot you naughty girl.

341: He only composes music to films he thinks will be successful.

So the producers of The Patriot just got him drunk and made him sign the contract?

So the producers of The Patriot just got him drunk and made him sign the contract?

The Patriot isn't even the worst film he agreed to score.

No, it's as simple as he thought the film would be successful, not good. He says it in his 40-minute interview with Andre Previn.

Ah just noticed your edit. Still find it hard to believe, but there you go.

339: Every once in a while he wonders just who Spielberg will choose to replace him, when he finally... retires.

338: He farted during his iTunes interview for his recording of the Memoirs of a Geisha suite with Yo-Yo Ma.

Ted

336 : his son, joseph williams, was the singer for the rock band TOTO during two albums in the 80's.

337 : his other son, Marc T. Williams, is a bass player.