What is the last film you watched?

Mr. Breathmask

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah, Vol. 2 is a load of rambling on and on about nothing. Even Bill himself talks too much, about nothing. The bit with the white haired martial arts teacher is great fun though. Other than that one highlight, the film is a pretentious yawnfest and the end credits couldn't come quick enough. I was bored bored bored.

Eagle Eye: BB was right about the action being a bit unwatchable, but it was not nearly as bad as Transformers. Overall it was a good and entertaining film, but nothing I would want to see more than once. Aria looked fantastic, the visuals there were great. And the story was very nice. I almost would have prefer it if

LaBoeuf died in the end, but I didn't mind his survival. One thing I really didn't like was the last scene. It just seemed to cut to black, without any sort of thoughout ending. Like they were saying "okay, we've told the story, let's just end it now.

The music sounded a lot like MV stuff, though I did like some of the piano bits. 3/5 stars

Robin Hood: Men in Tights: I've seen this multiple times, and it is always funny. 3.5/5 stars

Lol, Steef will point his long finger at me, but Robin Hood: Men in Tights is actually my second worst movie ever. I haven't laughed so little during a 'comedy' in my entire life.

Coincidence!

It's a rainy sunday afternoon film. Marginally entertaining if there is nothing else on.

Anyone who claims it's the second worst film ever is nothing but shark bait though.

Harvey is a rainy Sunday afternoon movie (a brilliant, sleepy movie). That awful Mel Brooks effort is yet another embarrassment on his earlier glowing career. I've no doubt seen worse movies, but this film scores points (not the good kind) for looking funny and good in the trailers. A big no no. I laugh at the most ridiculous things and yet I didn't laugh at Robin Hood: Men in tights. The fact that I watched it with a bunch of like minded friends was the nail in the coffin.

Some parts of it are quite hilarious. Great cast too. But I'm a bigger fan of Dracula Dead and Loving It

'Nuff said! And I'm a huge fan of comedy God Leslie Nielsen.

Eagle Eye: BB was right about the action being a bit unwatchable, but it was not nearly as bad as Transformers. Overall it was a good and entertaining film, but nothing I would want to see more than once. Aria looked fantastic, the visuals there were great. And the story was very nice. I almost would have prefer it if

LaBoeuf died in the end, but I didn't mind his survival. One thing I really didn't like was the last scene. It just seemed to cut to black, without any sort of thoughout ending. Like they were saying "okay, we've told the story, let's just end it now.

The music sounded a lot like MV stuff, though I did like some of the piano bits. 3/5 stars

I don't recall the piano bits, but the escape cue (with the crane) and the ensuing chase stood out to me at least relatively. It's not fantastic, but it's nice to hear someone actually utilizing different parts of the orchestra, and said parts actually doing different things.

I liked the film overall, though it would be nice to see LaBeouf play a character that isn't quite so rough around the edges for once--play someone more like a Marty McFly type of character or something. KOTCS was the closest to this, as it didn't take long for you to figure out he's not as bad as he tries to make himself out to be.

I thought he was dead when they shot him, but I also wasn't bothered

. However, I think my enjoyment and reception of the film was unfortunately colored by the fact that I was holding it for the last hour of the film and was pretty much in pain by the end. It saddened me a bit that, right before the film ended, I was thinking "Okay, let's move this along!" only for the reason that I didn't want to have missed anything.

I agree, the visual of Aria was very cool. They might have pushed the HAL analogies by having the eye, but I don't think it's a problem. It worked very well.

I liked the film overall, though it would be nice to see LaBeouf play a character that isn't quite so rough around the edges for once--play someone more like a Marty McFly type of character or something. KOTCS was the closest to this, as it didn't take long for you to figure out he's not as bad as he tries to make himself out to be.

I agree with this, it would be a nice change. Still, I think he's one of the most talented young actors alive today (and that's not just because he was in Indy 4).

Oh, and if I recall correctly, the piano comes in when LaBoeuf is told that

his brother is dead.

Saw the original Scarface. Quite good. Too much preaching, but rather pure montage violence. The morality tale (aka the second half of every American crime film ever made) is kinda old, but the ascent is gold. I particularly loved the St. Valentaine's Day Massacre. Shadows turning into bullets holes...brilliant film-noir.

Also saw Luchino Visconti's The Leopard (1963), starring Burt Lancaster. Saw the Italian version, not the edited American one (the Criterion set has both). I'm sorry that I wasn't ready for the relatively simple and pure point of this film...only upon further thought did I fully "get it". But I'm sure I'll love it the next time. A beautiful epic about mortality.

The last film I watched... Oy, it was so forgettable that I nearly forgot I'd seen it.

Righteous Kill. Such a mess. It was a good concept with lousy, terrible, awful, horrible execution.

And what's the point of having a doggy style sex scene with the woman's bra still on! That's half the fun!!!! They go to all kinds of lengths to avoid nudity, but it's okay to see people with all kinds of bullet wounds. What a crock.

I also saw Eagle Eye. By no means a masterpiece, but very good popcorn cinema that I highly recommend to anyone who's in the mood to be entertained for a solid two hours. And Brian Tyler's score is quite good as well.

Reading all this talk about Eagle Eye has saved me $10 and 2 hours.

Nobody has really bashed it yet. All the reviews I have read on this board have agreed that it's a solid action film.

And what's the point of having a doggy style sex scene with the woman's bra still on!

You can penetrate even deeper and thrust harder, and you have a great view of her buttocks and the arch of her back.

Anyway.....

It's also extra-funny if she poots.

The Green Mile

If you don't cry at some point during this movie, you may not be human.

It's a pretty great movie. The cast is tremendous, and while there are a few places where the Southern accents are weak, film acting really doesn't get a heck of a lot better than what is done in this movie by Tom Hanks, Michael Clark Duncan, Michael Jeter, and Sam Rockwell; and everyone else is pretty good, too, from Doug Hutchison to David Morse to Patricia Clarkson to James Cromwell and so forth.

"Wetmore a good name for you..."

If you don't cry at some point during this movie, you may not be human.

I can't cry when I feel I'm being forced to cry. Am I inhuman? Nah, The Green Mile is just too Hollywood for my taste.

John Williams, Jerry Goldsmith and Elmer Bernstein have all said great stuff about Thomas Newman. You think you know better than them?! Thomas Newman rules. One of the guys that elevate the entire art-form.

Possibly my favourite movie ever. It has a great message, one maybe I should pay attention to one of these days :P

Shawshank is also my favourite Newman score. It may not be awesome in the Williams sense, but it fits the movie like a glove and can be appreciated if you're in the mood IMO. Newman's had tons of people emulating his sound - that's the sign of a successful composer in my book.

I finally saw Iron Man last night. Downey's performance was superb, and dare I say it, the sfx were simply astounding. Favreau nailed this one IMO, and I look forward to the sequel.

And what's the point of having a doggy style sex scene with the woman's bra still on!

You can penetrate even deeper and thrust harder, and you have a great view of her buttocks and the arch of her back.

Anyway.....

I'm not talking about actually doing it. I'm talking about having a scene like that in the film without showin' the t & a!!!

Anyway.....

I'm not talking about actually doing it. I'm talking about having a scene like that in the film without showin' the t & a!!!

You should not have attempted to respond to that comment, but instead do I did and shield your eyes from it.

Duel: I never knew Spielberg put so much references of Duel into his other movies. The lady with the snakes in 1941, the roar of the 'dying' truck in Jaws, etcetera.

Duel: I never knew Spielberg put so much references of Duel into his other movies. The lady with the snakes in 1941, the roar of the 'dying' truck in Jaws, etcetera.

And we thought Horner was bad. Sheesh.

Are there others?

Personally, I like Duel a lot. For a first feature (a made-for-tv feature, granted, but a feature nonetheless), it's a damned accomplished piece of work.