Turtle Doves (HA2)

To Cairo (RotLA)

Ark Trek (RotLA)

Reunion in Italy (Monsignor)

Double Trouble (PoA)

The Children's Carousel (WoE)

Prelude (Psycho)

Mission Impossible Theme (MI)

Life's Incredible Again (The Incredibles)

Fireworks (OotP)

Flight of the OotP (OotP)

And there are many many many many more I've forgotten. . . .

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool thread. I'll also add Catching Butterflies from Goldsmith's PAPILLON. Brilliant cue.

Of the ones you listed, I'm gonna have to go with Prologue from HOOK. Bloody amazing writing. That track has more substance than all 3 Pirates of the Caribbean IMO.

Shawshank Prison (Stoic Theme) - Thomas Newman

Reunion in Italy - JW

On the Train - Jon Brion

Night in Balmoral - Alexandre Desplat

The Refuge - Javier Navarrete

Meet Maguire - Thomas Newman

Just heard this on my iTunes shuffle, and never would have thought of it otherwise:

"Claire Return the Baby" from Grand Canyon, by James Newton Howard.

I'm not a big fan of the sax near the end, but Howard makes it work. It's a wonderfully tender piece.

Ted

The End Titles for Jaws may be one of Williams' finest moments. It's so delicate, so quiet, but so perfect.

Ted

The End Titles for Jaws may be one of Williams' finest moments. It's so delicate, so quiet, but so perfect.

Ted

Hearing those End Titles really brings me back to the '70s for some reason. It's like a moment distilled in time when I hear those chords. Fantastic piece.

Ted

it made a great 45

Other than "Prologue" (which would be my first choice),

"Holiday Flight" from Home Alone

"Light of the Force" - Return of the Jedi*

*It's close enough to being below 2:00

I always liked that short piece that accompanies Los Angeles getting destroyed and ends with the plane taking off in Independence Day.

Genius, who can't believe he just put a spoiler warning on that.

I took the liberty or removing it for you. I think a "spoiler" should have a statue of limitations that runs out after so many years. ID4 is over ten years old; if someone hasn't seen it yet, they're obviously not going to.

Vader is Luke's father.

Rosebud's a sled.

It was Fredo.

Verbal Kint is Keyser Söze.

Bruce Willis dies.

The Titanic sinks.

Oz was a dream

I ran out of gas. I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake. A terrible flood. Locusts. It wasn't my fault, I swear to God.

"Also Sprach Zarathustra" by Richard Strauss. The first CD I had of this had it at about 1:39, unless that's the length it was when I cut out the second climax, the dissonant one. I used it for the opening titles to a high school biology video, and it was long enough ago I may have given myself a fake memory with regard to the length.

"20th Century Fox Fanfare." Best 23 seconds in Star Wars music.

I think a "spoiler" should have a statue of limitations that runs out after so many years. ID4 is over ten years old; if someone hasn't seen it yet, they're obviously not going to.

*sigh*

Okay, so if they were born in 2000, then they're never going to see it. Sure, makes sense.

I think a "spoiler" should have a statue of limitations that runs out after so many years. ID4 is over ten years old; if someone hasn't seen it yet, they're obviously not going to.

*sigh*

Okay, so if they were born in 2000, then they're never going to see it. Sure, makes sense.

hey luck of the draw, we can't wait on everyone. Seriously we couldn't discuss anything because its spoilers for someone,

did anyone mention Holiday Flight,

I always liked that short piece that accompanies

Los Angeles getting destroyed and ends with the plane taking off

in Independence Day.

I took the liberty or removing it for you. I think a "spoiler" should have a statue of limitations that runs out after so many years. ID4 is over ten years old; if someone hasn't seen it yet, they're obviously not going to.

Honestly, why do you people think that way? How hard is it to write the word "spoiler???" It is really incredibly selfish, especially going out of your way to spoil films, Darth Wojo!!! You guys are truly not being kind or considerate at all.

*sigh*

Indeed!

hey luck of the draw, we can't wait on everyone. Seriously we couldn't discuss anything because its spoilers for someone,

You could using

this

little number.

We're talking about a sequence that was one of the selling points of the movie. It was everywhere, in every trailer, every promo.

Next thing you're going to say I should use spoiler tags if I mention the White House got blown up in that movie.

*sigh*

hey luck of the draw, we can't wait on everyone. Seriously we couldn't discuss anything because its spoilers for someone

I was focused more on the utterly ridiculous notion that if someone hasn't seen a ten-year-old movie yet, they're not going to. It also isn't too big a deal for that particular instance; however, on crucial points of a movie, or something that would be better left unknown before seeing a film, it would be nice to leave a few blanks with SPOILER over the top of it. If a thread is focused on discussing such elements for a particular movie, then just slap it in the thread title. It's not really that hard, when yout hink about it.

I always liked that short piece that accompanies

Los Angeles getting destroyed and ends with the plane taking off

in Independence Day.

Honestly, why do you people think that way? How hard is it to write the word "spoiler???" It is really incredibly selfish, especially going out of your way to spoil films, Darth Wojo!!! You guys are truly not being kind or considerate at all.

*sigh*

Indeed!

You could using

this

little number.

your idea is completely stupid,

Im sorry but it eliminates open discussion about virtually all films. There are always films that some of us will have never seen, and its idiotic to put spoiler on a comment about an old or any movie.

We're talking about a sequence that was one of the selling points of the movie. It was everywhere, in every trailer, every promo.

Next thing you're going to say I should use spoiler tags if I mention the White House got blown up in that movie.

Even the DVD cover hints that.

True, that point in ID4 isn't a major spoiler, but in general, spoiler tags should be used. Darth Wojo went out of his way to mention all those other spoilers to those other movies. And even if you're just typing them, you should either warn one of spoiler or use the black highlights. It really is important, as a spoiler can totally ruin a film experiance.

Im sorry but it eliminates open discussion about virtually all films. There are always films that some of us will have never seen, and its idiotic to put spoiler on a comment about an old or any movie.

No, it doesn't. You can just put spoiler tags on a certain spoiler, and people can still reply to it openly. I don't see what the issue is here.

NO it wont.

I might ruin a surprise but if the movies good it will still be good.

Like the Sixth Sense I can watch that movie still knowing

SPOILER ALERTDanny Walhberg is in itSPOILER ALERT

Either way, we're arguing for far too long about something so minor.

Back to the best cues under 2:00 now.

- Marc, who doesn't really watch his track times.

Me neither but you've given me an idea for another thread.

Hook - Prologue

Psycho - Prelude

Home Alone - Holiday Flight

The Omen - 666 (on Deluxe Edition)

Dances With Wolves - TwoSocks (The Wolf Theme) and Ride To Fort Hays (exactly 2:00 8O)

For Your Eyes Only - Cortina and Unfinished Business/Bond Meets Kristatos

LotR - FotR - Three Is Company and Orthanc

Chocolat - Vianne Sets Up Shop

Certainly there's lots more, but let that be it for the time being. :blink: