Anyone else think that Crusade's score is superior to Doom's?

Quintus

something just draws me to Doom (that can't be good :P ).

Why? To me, both the TOD score and the movie are superior to both the score and movie of the last crusade :P

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Last Crusade is the most varied of the current 3 Indy scores.

Wow. Never expected such a politically correct answer ever to come out of your mouth :D

And least cohesive for it. A collection of great cues, it only comes together in the finale. After the initial (brilliant) sequence, TLC feels very consistant in tone. ToD is perfect for the film, but I find myself listening to the album far less than the other two.

Well, the album is thirty minutes long and harshly mixed. I actually find the complete score is really cohesive, but given the DVD rip sound quality I hardly listen to it.

I'd like an arrangement of the lyrical grail themes in fashion of 'Restoration' from 'Jane Eyre', at least four minutes and with lots of ornaments. Did Williams ever do a concert arrangement of those?

From LC the only thing I've heard/seen in concert form is Scherzo For Motorcycle.

Well, the album is thirty minutes long and harshly mixed. I actually find the complete score is really cohesive, but given the DVD rip sound quality I hardly listen to it.

Exactly.the TOD OST is right up there with Return of the Jedi original OST in terms of presenting the score

I jave

:)

It happens to me too sometimes

Yeah, remembering my first english leassons: Ai jaf tu apels (I have two apples)...

Nah, the H and the J are to close, cabronazo! hehe.

Querias devolverme la de tu amado Giachinno ehh jeje. (Sorry for the english readers, but it´something that I need to put in spanish)

Yeah, remembering my first english leassons: Ai jaf tu apels (I have two apples)...

Nah, the H and the J are to close, cabronazo! hehe.

Querias devolverme la de tu amado Giachinno ehh jeje. (Sorry for the english readers, but it´something that I need to put in spanish)

:) Wow, how wude!

• 2 weeks later...

Very tough question, but in the end I would have to say The Last Crusade. There is something about that score that I really love. The "Grail" Theme knocks me senseless every time I hear it. Ah...so good.....