Petition John Williams To Compose Music For HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS

scallenger

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not going to sign, because it'll be 3 seconds of my life that I'll never see again.

And you wasted around 10 seconds to type that.

I don't expect this petition to do much, but it's certainly worth a try. Online petitions HAVE worked before.

Not going to sign, because it'll be 3 seconds of my life that I'll never see again.

I enjoyed Hooper's Order Of The Phoenix score, I'm looking forward to his Half-Blood Prince score, and I'm hoping he'll do the Deathly Hallows score.

Wow. That sounds like a true JW fan. :joke:

I enjoyed Hooper's Order Of The Phoenix score, I'm looking forward to his Half-Blood Prince score, and I'm hoping he'll do the Deathly Hallows score.

Wow. That sounds like a true JW fan. :joke:

Yep,that's the spirit

And you wasted around 10 seconds to type that.

:joke:

Yes, quality zinging, that.

The only way at Warner Bros. would take any notice is if a real, worldwide boycott of the film was started. Which would just be silly.

Wow. That sounds like a true JW fan. :)

Hey, John Williams isn't the only composer I listen to. Besides, don't you want a great new composer to fill in the blanks in the upcoming years? I have enough JW music to last me a lifetime. Hooper doing these scores may get him more recognition for American cinema, and that's a good thing.

Why? What do you have to lose?

If he scores HP it likely decreases the odds that he works on the upcoming Star Wars cartoon/live action Television shows.

Oh, and by the way:

:) George Lucas

Yes because that's such a quality project for Williams to waste his time on..

I am a huge fan of Hooper's OotP, but he'll have other chances to score fantasty films. This may be one of JW's last. Besides, PoA and possibly SS are better than OotP.

Thank Go... ldsmith.

Star Wars cartoons.... :)

Is that your sly reminder to all of us that you're an atheist?

Ted

Possibly SS?

Hooper's work has grown on me a little, but it will never, ever beat any of Williams' efforts for me.

Yeah,it's not even remotely in the same league.

You son of a bitch, we all already knew that!

:)

Seriously though, I've gotten used to the idea. It still seems kind of odd, but if done well it could really work. My main question at this point is where the split will occur.

I was just saying that this might let JW do it, but it might not since it will be separated into two parts. I had the same question. Where are they going to make the split? Has anybody read the book. Where do you think a good place would be to make the split for the movie would be and another question: Has any other book been split into two movies. Thanks.

Has anybody read the book.

Yes.

Where do you think a good place would be to make the split for the movie would be

Well, Mugglenet has a poll up with the following options:

Ron's Return/The Silver Doe

Xenophilius Lovegood ("Are you referring to the sign of the Deathly Hallows?")

Malfoy Manor

Shell Cottage (Dobby's Death)

Gringotts

I like the second, fourth, and fifth options.

Has any other book been split into two movies.

None of the Potter books has.

I was just saying that this might let JW do it, but it might not since it will be separated into two parts. I had the same question. Where are they going to make the split? Has anybody read the book. Where do you think a good place would be to make the split for the movie would be and another question: Has any other book been split into two movies. Thanks.

This was my idea:

End it after Harry has reached Shell Cottage, he's just buried Dobby, and there's the promise of a new plan on the horizon. Then end it as he's doing something like looking into the sunset or something emotional and mushy like that. It would be the perfect ending to a film, as it would be hopeful. And it would be the perfect beggining for the next, because it would begin with an action scene, like so many films do these days.

I thought HBP had a lot of lore and really cool magic theories. Then poof,that all went away in Deathly Hallows and all plot lines were resolved in the simplest of manners with few explainations.How are horcrux created?...meh,who cares...How do you find them or destroy them? Just luckily stumble,within a few days time, on the centuries old lost artifacts that will do it

Well there were some parts....

Fleur's wedding :lol:

Infiltrating the ministry to get the locket :)

Camping in the woods for half the book :P

Eh, the Prisoner Of Azkaban is as far as I got. I feel I left off at the best as it could get.

I bought Deathly Hallows when it came out for the hell of it. Never plan on reading it though, especially since I've never read any of the others.

Well,you should at least read them before having any sort of opinion on them

i;m not bashing Deathly Hallows,I just think it was slightly dumbed down from the 2 previous books.

PoA is when things started getting really, really good. And then GoF was sort of the transition from the lighter and more whimsical Hogwarts-centric earlier books to the darker and more outwardly focused later books. Though I liked it a lot more upon a second reading, HBP is still my least favorite...it's fascinating to learn about the Voldemort backstory, but not a whole lot happens other than that until the final few chapters (which become as great as any in the series).

Dead right, Ray. I still really like HBP though, it's nice to get a last proper Hogwarts year after what happened in OotP and before the trio leaves. It's the middle section of DH that's the weakest part IMO.

At times, yes, but The Birds bored the hell out of me.

Oh I am sorry about that. Did you forget to switch on your brain?