FSM's Indy Podcast

Morlock

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is unreleased music at the end that should have sound effects if it was a DVD rip ( British Army Fanfare at the end of the bridge sequence)

It means the TOD master tapes still exist,and that is proof of it.

It also means that FSM has got a hold of this music somehow and someone might be planning to release it.

If not some people in privileged circles are enjoying complete Indy scores

With all the preaching going on at FSM ,I seriously doubt they would be teasing us with a bootleg ,especially with a holy grail of this magnitude.That would be a sure way to get a lot of people pissed off

ok,that is right,it's Concord.

It doesn't matter ,it means complete score have been unearthed from the Lucasfilm or Paramount vaults,and probably recently.

FSM using that sound clip with no imminent expanded score release would be the equivalent of shouting " HA! WE have the complete Indy scores and YOU don't!"

Crusher also thinks this is remastered music from studio masters

Holy crap! I'd like to think that I've become an expert in DVD ripping matters too, and there's no way this could be ripped cleanly, at least that actual fanfare part. The rear channels with that have the SFX of the rifles being cocked and fired, as well as some soldiers shouting. The sound quality is also just plain too good to be a rip.

I'm not going to go off the deep end (though I will be putting that section in my complete ToD ;) ), and I'm not going to speculate, but I think there are two questions that should be answered here:

- What is the source?

- What was the intention of putting it in the broadcast?

I am almost certain an expanded ToD is coming. There must be an INTENT to put that in to the broadcast ,to get people excited. And their source HAS to be legit,since they are a record company.

ok,that is right,it's Concord.

It doesn't matter ,it means complete score have been unearthed from the Lucasfilm or Paramount vaults,and probably recently.

FSM using that sound clip would be the equivalent of shouting " HA! WE have the complete Indy scores and YOU don't!" And if Concord has the rights to the music,how on earth does FSM have it right now"? It would be a boot,the very thing they condemn

Edit:Crusher also says this is remastered music from studio masters

But we know for a fact that Concord has the rights. Unless you're suggesting that Concord has rights to re-release the OSTs, but FSM has rights to re-release the complete scores?? That's seems unlikely.

And besides, there has been clean unreleased music from AotC on FSM podcasts before, and they haven't released anything.

But this does sound very hopeful, I'll be crossing my fingers! ;)

It means Concord would release them,but FSM got permission to use soundclips.

They end the podcast with "Here's 30 seconds of unreleased music from ToD..." not a DVD rip but clean studio quality sound from master tapes what were even rumored to be lost.

Like I said before, they've teased us with clips from AotC and RotS in the past.

You sure they weren't clips that were available from video game rips?

John- who hadn't listened to an FSM podcast before

that's true,there is a source for unreleased RotS music.If you own a copy of Battlefront 2 it's legal to have the music. In the case of ToD ,there was none known untill today

Point taken.

what music from AotC and RotS?

"Dex's Diner" (they played a bit of it in the Indy one too) and part of the big fight between Anakin and Obi-Wan in RotS.

EDIT: I see I've been beaten to it.

There's more unreleased music in this podcast. The Shankara Stone theme (I don't know what cue it's from) and the end of "The Portuguese Coast."

And some of the flood sequences.

Oh, and to help proove your point, KM, they played a bit of the End Credits from Courage's Superman IV in 2006, and later the Blue Box arrived (however, I'm sure it's pretty easy to record end credits from films).

There's more unreleased music in this podcast. The Shankara Stone theme (I don't know what cue it's from) and the end of "The Portuguese Coast."

Yeah,but at that point I wasn't absolutely certain as Stealing the Stones is clean on the DVD rip ,and some of the flooding music too.But the British Army Fanfare is definately unrippable from the DVD.

I'm speculating as much as I can at FSM too,hopefully he might reply in his podcast thread.

Crusher believes it's unthinkable to release a 40 minute c.d. in 2008 , another reason why ToD might at least be expanded

That little fanfare is one of the catchiest bits of music Williams has ever composed.It always get stuck in my head.

Crusher believes it's unthinkable to release a 40 minute c.d. in 2008

That's the biggest crap I've read on here in a long time. A company can release a CD for however long they choose.

BTW KM I know you're passionate about this sort of thing but there's a time when you just gotta keep opinions like this to your self and stop thinking every thing's a big conspiracy.

Maybe FSM has the complete scores, maybe they don't. If they do then so be it, if not oh well. Concord is going to be releasing the original three scores later this year. Whether they'll be just repops of the OST's or expanded/complete scores we do not know and it's best to be patient and wait.

FSM also wouldn't take on two big projects within a short time span of each other I think Lukas Kendall even said this on FSM shortly after Superman's set was released.

I just got common sense here too and since Concord owns the rights to the Indiana Jones scores FSM won't be able to release any of the music. Just like no other company will be able to release any of the music from the Star Wars scores because Sony controls the rights.

I know a lot of people don't like hearing it but you have to deal with it, get over it, and move on.

I know FSM can't release them after all. I am just hoping that with the appearance of these new soundclips,when Concord re-releases them it means that they will be expanded .FSM might have gotten the clips from Concord Records with permission to use them on their podcast

Anyways this is Ricard's favourite score,so I'm guessing he's investigating as well.

Crusher believes it's unthinkable to release a 40 minute c.d. in 2008 , another reason why ToD might at least be expanded

Yes, it's unthinkable in 2008... so I'm guessing they'll be releasing expanded scores but not complete, let's say 70 minutes per CD/score. A good reason for us who already have the scores to buy them again, and another reason to hold something for a future release, as Lucasfilms always does.

Actually that music at the end didn't sound like it was remastered. It sounded somewhat like a DVD rip that had some reverb added to it.

the podcast is pretty low bitrate.

You can't remove the rifle sounds from the DVD rip ,and it sounds much worse,no matter what you do to it.

Guest macrea

For all the complaining about the mixing on the Star Wars scores you'd think people here actually knew what they were hearing. Put on some headphones and check out the podcast clips again. This is not a remaster. The "unreleased" clips are not even stereo. They obviously have something but it isn't anything newly mastered. The sankara stone bit is straight from the movie. You can hear the lava rumbling.

Guest macrea

It sounds like the right channel is delayed, giving you the impression of stereo, and this is why the left side sounds louder, because you're hearing it first. There might be some reverb on it as well. Interesting that this quality is acceptable as a "remaster." The excitement of hearing the music is clouding objectivity.

Well it's hard to tell,podcasts are always very compressed,like that is probably below 64kbps .I'm not trying to evaluate sound quality based on that podcast,I'm saying it's impossible to make a DVD rip of that music without sound effects of gunshots remaining.And untill today,no unreleased TOD music has ever shown up otherwise

Hmmm don't know what to thinbk.. of course I don't hear a single Rifleshot... not even a distortion.. but the sound of that cue... hmm it doesn't sound like like originally mastered .. it sounds very "boxy"..

Like I said,very low bitrate of the podcast?

well yes your right I guess... why be pessimistic.. that's unreleased TOD Music! ;)

.. love the Disco Version of the Ark Theme... lol I mean a Disco Version of the ARK THEME! :)

Well go listen to it now.I need your opinion on it.The cue is right at the end.

also your right it's in 192 kbps MP3,it shouldn't be that bad .Personally I don't think it sounds terrible

It doesn't sound up the quality of the ToD OST though. Perhaps this is the best quality master they could get their hands on, and the source masters were indeed lost. It's not as if we should be surprised; look at what happened to the ROTJ release.

Well go listen to it now.I need your opinion on it.The cue is right at the end.

also your right it's in 192 kbps MP3,it shouldn't be that bad .Personally I don't think it sounds terrible

yes now I listened to the whole thing...

The Theme for the Water I thinkdefenitely isn't a rip I'd say.. because it sounds wide and open and has rather high sound quality... but the British fanfare it has no reverb at all f.e. and somehow it sounds artificial.. it sounds more like the DVD rear channels than a original mastertape copy to me... as the other unreleased bits DO in that podcast...

Portoguese Coast sounds much better to me than the Bootleg..

but the British fanfare it has no reverb at all f.e. and somehow it sounds artificial.. it sounds more like the DVD rear channels than a original mastertape copy to me...

Yes,but as you pointed out,there are no rifle shots so it's impossible that it is a DVD rip ,that is my # 1 argument for this thread

That's the biggest crap I've read on here in a long time. A company can release a CD for however long they choose.

Hey Trent, it's nice to see that you acknowledge my existence instead of ignoring every email and message board post I've made towards you in the past 2-3 years asking about a CD or two that you owed me. Too bad it has to be insulting. Well, thanks anyway.

Anyways, back to the point: Show me where any CD released in the last couple of years has been 40 minutes? Even if they go and release a rock or pop album, it'll be remastered and bonus tracks like unreleased songs and such. Most CDs are 68-79 minutes. I haven't seen a 40 minute CD released since the 1990s. Nowadays 40 minute CDs are like $5-9 discount bin fodder. They know everybody file shares online and the only way a CD can sell is if it has something to offer the public.

Maybe FSM has the complete scores, maybe they don't. If they do then so be it, if not oh well. Concord is going to be releasing the original three scores later this year. Whether they'll be just repops of the OST's or expanded/complete scores we do not know and it's best to be patient and wait.

Who said FSM has rights to the scores and plan to release them? FSM has industry insiders that probably have more things than the general public, and rightly so, as it is their job to review and publicize them. My idea is that maybe they have Concord's expanded CD promo and are giving us a little wink to let us know that it's on the way. Maybe not, but hey, it would be unkind to play anything else. My guess has been, since learning of Concord's plans, is that a lesser-known company like Concord is a better sign than a huge company. Maybe we'd get the expanded 1995 Raiders CD (that was around 74-75 minutes?), maybe the 1989 Indy album (what was that, like 68 minutes?), and an expanded TOD album. Because, again, I don't see a 40 minute CD unless they were planning on making it $12 or something. Also, the clip I heard sounded pretty good. The brass sounded better than both of my DVD homemade jobs if I remember. Maybe it's wishful thinking, but I'm tending to believe an expanded CD or two or three may be on the way from Concord.

BTW, What parts of Dex Diner did they play? There is a small snippet of it in the DVD menus that is kind of clean if I remember. Then the DVD rips have some dishes clanking and people talking. I never heard that one so someone would have to describe it to me.

wel now that I've listened to them ... I say they are really good DVD Rips.. I'm sure there is a way a stereo track can even be filtered so that only they musical layer stays...

British Troops and the Water Sequence... they just don't sound like a natural musical recording.. or as natural as the rest of these cues in that podcast..

If you listen closely you can hear this typical "Noise Reduction" Distortion.. where some frequences re filtered out.. during the Water sequnce you can hea that.. and you even hear two pretty unnatural clicks for a music only recording...

If they have the mastertapes or a Promo CD of concord why should it sound so bad?

Because its a hint not a full announcement?

Or for example, the rots doccumentary that had the Grievous fight music islated had very bad sound, surely to prevent us using them.

BTW KM I know you're passionate about this sort of thing but there's a time when you just gotta keep opinions like this to your self and stop thinking every thing's a big conspiracy.

Excuse me, if FSM has it, it cant be 'so be it'. Specially when Bootlegs are Taboo in their site. At least they should not have released anything.

On the other hand if this means (i hope) that Concord is going to release expanded scores and they are teasing us courtesy of Concord. That would be fine.

I'm downloading the podcast right now, I'll listen to it in a while.

I keep thinking that perhaps we should bombard the Concord mailbox about complete Indy scores. Let them know there's a huge demand and all that. I know I'm being naïve here but I'm afraid it's now or never. Or at least not before 2050 or something.