FSM's Indy Podcast

Morlock

It's the whole anti-bootleg attitude .My fear is that it will spread to other MB's and we will not be able to trade unreleased music at all in the future .Even here we have to start disguising our threads or doing it in secrecy.It will lead to a group of people having this and that and beeing too paranoid to share.

It's also that you cannot place Williams above Goldsmith over there in any circumstance.

They'd hate me then because I only like a couple of Goldsmith themes here and there and I'm a Williams fanatic.

As for bootlegs, I don't think bootlegs ever hurt sales of legitimate CDs. If the CDs get released in the first place, then nobody would want to hear a second-rate-sounding boot. Plus, IMO, it has sold more DVDs when I made my homemade expanded soundtracks from them. Meaning I bought a CD and a DVD. So a sale is a sale and profit for those companies. But bootlegging material that is available to buy is just plain stealing.

Still, you must see why they (FSM) publically frowns upon the practice: they are a company that produces OOP or never-in-print soundtracks, and must follow all legal guidelines. Here, we're just a bunch of fans. Hence, I wouldn't demand bootlegging material there either.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well,when an unreleased piece comes around,I would prefer that anyone interested can access it and not have to read between the lines in some thread and having to PM the right person.

Yeah, if it weren't for the PM system, I wouldn't have received the complete, SFX-free scores to Revenge of the Sith and Prisoner of Azkaban. There's a lot going on behind closed doors.

Oops... not that I would know anything about it!

I asked Doug Adams directly what the source of the music at the end of the podcast was over on his site, and his reply was

Thanks so much for the kind words re: the Podcast. I'd love to sit and chat about Indy music, but I feel the (general) responsibility to keep this particular page on topic, so I won't indulge my inclinations... for now. :devil:

Yeah, if it weren't for the PM system, I wouldn't have received the complete, SFX-free scores to Revenge of the Sith and Prisoner of Azkaban. There's a lot going on behind closed doors.

Oops... not that I would know anything about it!

Yes, but sometimes it's difficult to know who to contact re: unreleased music or leaked scores.

Ted

I asked Doug Adams directly what the source of the music at the end of the podcast was over on his site, and his reply was
Thanks so much for the kind words re: the Podcast. I'd love to sit and chat about Indy music, but I feel the (general) responsibility to keep this particular page on topic, so I won't indulge my inclinations... for now. :)

Oh, that Mr. Adams, such a tease. :) He may be playing coy; on the other hand, he may merely be indicating his willingness to break topic when the fourth Indy score arrives on the scene.

Thanks so much for the kind words re: the Podcast. I'd love to sit and chat about Indy music, but I feel the (general) responsibility to keep this particular page on topic, so I won't indulge my inclinations... for now. :devil:

It's not really an answer to your question though (unfortunately).

Oh, that Mr. Adams, such a tease. :devil: He may be playing coy; on the other hand, he may merely be indicating his willingness to break topic when the fourth Indy score arrives on the scene.

Or it could mean he's already heard the new score, and despite wanting to talk about it, is waiting patient. Who knows?

Ted

The official Indiana Jones site has added some pages about Temple of Doom. The music, as evidenced by the file names, is taken directly from the OST.

Guest macrea
The official Indiana Jones site has added some pages about Temple of Doom. The music, as evidenced by the file names, is taken directly from the OST.

A direct link would be helpful. I've been searching around and can't find it.

"...for now" is quite a tease, and we know Doug is fond of them. There just *might* be more to this after all.

...or perhaps Williams pulled another ROTS, and half of the new movie is scored with material from TOD. :o

I've gotta say, that remark by Adams REALLY looks to me like a not-so subtle way of indicating that he knows there will be expanded releases, but is resisting the urge to announce. Of course, I have natural inclinations to these hopes, but it seems possible.

I really just read it as 'I'll give my opinion on the Indy scores, but not yet'. I don't read any answer to the unreleased material question in it.

I really just read it as 'I'll give my opinion on the Indy scores, but not yet'. I don't read any answer to the unreleased material question in it.

We already have his opinion about the scores in the podcast.I think he's hinting at something

I've gotta say, that remark by Adams REALLY looks to me like a not-so subtle way of indicating that he knows there will be expanded releases, but is resisting the urge to announce. Of course, I have natural inclinations to these hopes, but it seems possible.

I'm wondering why they would want to be sneaky and refrain from telling us-- surefire potential customers-- that expanded releases are on the horizon? How would that hurt anything to reveal that to us?

I think someone is working on these scores. Certain people are silent on this issue, and why would they be? Hmmmm. We'll know in due course, probably at the end of the year.

Probably because a) they didn't want a huge uproar and a flood of redundant posts talking about it and monopolizing the boards for six-eight months and/or b) they have been given inside info on good faith and are not going to violate that.

And sometimes it's just nice to let it be a surprise when it happens.

Maybe they are going to release the OSTs this year and the complete scores (Indy IV inlcuded ;) ) in a near future.

If they announce the complete scores now, few people would buy the OSTs latter this year.

I'm wondering why they would want to be sneaky and refrain from telling us-- surefire potential customers-- that expanded releases are on the horizon? How would that hurt anything to reveal that to us?

Because sometimes releasing old scores is a tricky business and deals may be delayed or even fall through entirely at the very last moment?

Didn't Mattessino or Kendall talk about this in a recent interview about the Superman set?

I am optimistic.

But if Indy 4 tanks at the Box Office, maybe it could scrap the possible expanded re-releases of the old scores

Because sometimes releasing old scores is a tricky business and deals may be delayed or even fall through entirely at the very last moment?

Didn't Mattessino or Kendall talk about this in a recent interview about the Superman set?

Correct and yes.

Like I said, once the hoopla over KOTCS dies down I'm sure Concord will make their plans known for the other three films.

Patience.

And if they don't release expanded versions.....hooo boy this board is gonna get rough....;)

Like I said, once the hoopla over KOTCS dies down I'm sure Concord will make their plans known for the other three films.

Patience.

And if they don't release expanded versions.....hooo boy this board is gonna get rough....;)

Who needs an expanded TOD?

The OST is such a great release as it is.

NOT! ;)

Plenty of people seemed happy with a straight re-issue of The Witches of Eastwick even though there's a great iso score on the DVD. It seems even when there's more music in another source they'll still be satisfied with a simple re-release!

Who needs stuff like the bridge sequence or The Portuguese Coast anyway? It's just background music!

And if they don't release expanded versions.....hooo boy this board is gonna get rough.... ;)

What's that, Olivarez? You want to get rough, huh? I'll kill you! Kill your whole motherf***ing family!

Plenty of people seemed happy with a straight re-issue of The Witches of Eastwick even though there's a great iso score on the DVD. It seems even when there's more music in another source they'll still be satisfied with a simple re-release!

I think the iso was the reason most were content with the CD re-release. Even though most around here like physical CDs, a DVD rip is better than nothing.

Since there's nothing like that for Indy we're getting a little more desperate...

Perhaps. But I have a lot to catch up on first. Besides, it just doesn't strike me as the kind of score I'd be interested in.

If it wasn't Williams I wouldn't even give it a second thought.

And if they don't release expanded versions.....hooo boy this board is gonna get rough.... ;)

What's that, Olivarez? You want to get rough, huh? I'll kill you! Kill your whole motherf***ing family!

I can tell you where he lives.

Except for the releasing the expanded scores part.

That's partially true: Lucas would release a half-assed expanded score, being certain to leave out cues for a future reissue.

Certainly a score I have very little intention of hearing anytime soon.

Too bad. It's better than the first two Harry Potter scores.

The Witches of Eastwick is an outstanding score! It's too bad the conversations on this forum lean so heavily on the "franchise" scores. Some of Williams' finest work can be heard in scores like this.

Ted

no its not.

no its not.

"The Ballroom Scene" and the "Dance of the Witches" alone are vastly superior to anything in either of the two HP scores. Furthermore, WOE was an original score for Williams, versus SS and COS which are nice, but often uninteresting, retreads of The Lost World, Hook, the SW prequels, and WOE. "Harry's Wondrous World" is a beautiful piece, but any score that waits until the end credits to deliver the best it has to offer can't be all that amazing.