Indiana Jones Unreleased Music Resource

Henry B

Thanks Henry.

I was just opening a random file from the previous batch, LC Escape D Qui, and that's unreleased music from the Transylvania episode from The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles (it's on the promo from that episode). Would there be other orchestral music in there that until now we thought it was original game music? It'd be great if there's other Young Indy music in there too, although I guess that's there because there's precisely that promo that's out.

Just checking some random tracks and there's music here and there that sounds as it might come from Young Indiana Jones. But I'm not that familiar with Bajakian's game soundtrack so I can't tell which music is from there (as John described). I'd guess the other orchestral music is from the series.

Young Indy? Interesting. The game credits don't list a composer of original music, though the only licensed music listed is Williams's scores. Unfortunately, I know nothing about Young Indy music, so I couldn't really say much about these files... Bajakian's Emperor's Tomb music is only used in a few files.

In the cutscenes folder, in BOB OUTROEND, is that the film version of the TOD finale?

And is some of PANKOTSECRETS MIDRO the feast music?

Yes and yes.

Yeah, it does.

Thanks, Henry.

The possibility of Young Indy is definitely there. The music on the BATTLEONTHEBRIDGE C ACT file definitely sounded like it could be from it. It's certainly very nice music, whoever wrote it.

So now that I've listened to everything in the game's music folders, this is what I've noticed.

It seems the makers of this game were given the DCC Raiders, OST Last Crusade, and an expanded version of TOD to use for music. For any scenes in the game whose music was on the Raiders of Last Crusade CDs, they use the appropriate music. But for scenes from those movies whose music was NOT on the existing CDs, they grabbed music that WAS on the CDs, even if it was meant for a different scene.

For TOD, however, they almost always have the appropriate music for the scene, regardless of whether or not it was on the old TOD OST.

My conclusion? The 4 disc set coming out by Concorde will contain the existing Raiders and Last Crusade discs, but an EXPANDED TOD disc, and that's what was given to the makers of this game ;)

So now that I've listened to everything in the game's music folders, this is what I've noticed.

It seems the makers of this game were given the DCC Raiders, OST Last Crusade, and an expanded version of TOD to use for music. For any scenes in the game whose music was on the Raiders of Last Crusade CDs, they use the appropriate music. But for scenes from those movies whose music was NOT on the existing CDs, they grabbed music that WAS on the CDs, even if it was meant for a different scene.

For TOD, however, they almost always have the appropriate music for the scene, regardless of whether or not it was on the old TOD OST.

My conclusion? The 4 disc set coming out by Concorde will contain the existing Raiders and Last Crusade discs, but an EXPANDED TOD disc, and that's what was given to the makers of this game ;)

That would certainly be great news. It certainly makes some sense.

Any ideas as to whether that percussion bit in the PANKOTSECRETS B QUI file belongs in the cue? I'll have to try syncing it to the film (I'll do that in just a second), but at first listen it almost sounded like it was supposed to be from the scene where Indy approaches the statue in the jungle.

EDIT: Well, if I've got it synced up right, then we have three possibilities: 1. This is for a different cut, and flows over into the arrival of the escaped child and Indy on the hill. (Doesn't seem very likely) 2. This is chopped up and mixed around (highly possible--it's been done before). 3. "They Stole the Children" is not the only cue involved in these files (also possible, and intriguing).

Maybe, but it seems like there is almost too much ToD music in the game for just one CD. Cues from all over the score have been used. I frankly don't have the patience to check every cue used in the game against its full duration on a cue list and see what it comes out to, though.

If all of the cues represented here are what would be used, then you're probably right. That would mean that "Over the Himalayas," some form of "They Stole the Children," "Willie's Rescue," "Underground Heroics," "Water!," "Cliff Confrontation," and the film version of the "Finale" would be there. That's a buttload of music.

Just a note: SHANGHAI_B_ACT uses the album version of "Fast Streets of Shanghai," sadly. I was hoping that might have the missing measures.

Maybe, but it seems like there is almost too much ToD music in the game for just one CD. Cues from all over the score have been used. I frankly don't have the patience to check every cue used in the game against its full duration on a cue list and see what it comes out to, though.

It would all easily fit, even assuming the cue with the british troops fanfare is included as well

MAP TEMPLEOFDOOM -- This is "Over The Himalayas", but only the map-travel segment. It has a clean fade-out. No FX.

Good God, that's awesome. That's one of the best map cues in the whole series and now we finally have the whole thing.

Young Indy? Interesting. The game credits don't list a composer of original music, though the only licensed music listed is Williams's scores. Unfortunately, I know nothing about Young Indy music, so I couldn't really say much about these files... Bajakian's Emperor's Tomb music is only used in a few files.

Yeah there's definitely Young Indiana Jones in there too, I only checked a number of cues and already found music not only from that Transylvania promo but also music from Varèse's first volume (Verdun).

My guess is that if it's orchestral, and it's not from Emperor's Tomb, it's from there.

I'll check during the following week (if I can make some time) if there's anything interesting unreleased without SFX. I hope so, because there's really a lot of good music in those series. There were one or two bits that kind of sounded like it might come from the series too. I'm quite familiar with the released music, but I don't know the series so well that I'd recognize the unreleased music though. And if somebody would by any chance already have a partial checklist or so of the Lego music, with the Bajakian material for instance, I'd be interested in that.

The music on the BATTLEONTHEBRIDGE C ACT file definitely sounded like it could be from it.

Yeah indeed, thought so too, and that's kind of my hope that it's from the series. I think I know someone who might identify the episode if it's from there.

That would also mean, though, that the makers also used material that's not from official CDs or (known) promos or something, so don't get the hopes up for Temple of Doom. Unless Varèse's planning a surprise in this 'Indy' year, of course.

Wow! This is amazing news! Is anyone going to try to merge the new unreleased ToD music with the expanded low-SFX edition that's floating around? That'd be awesome.

Also: Could it truly be that the Concord 4-disc Indiana Jones set actually will have at least a completely filled up disc for ToD? That'd be more than most people dared hope for and would be most welcome! ;)

Has anyone figured out where the music used during the night club fight on the first level of TOD comes from?

It almost sounds like "Anything Goes".

It sounds like an imitation of "Anything Goes." Probably written for the game specifically... Then again, it could be Young Indy music, like from "Mystery of the Blues" or something. I don't know.

Also: Could it truly be that the Concord 4-disc Indiana Jones set actually will have at least a completely filled up disc for ToD? That'd be more than most people dared hope for and would be most welcome! :mellow:

I'm not holding my breath

K.M.

I don't know if I missed it, but has someone started giving out these files. If so, who do I need to PM to get them.

But, you all know that it took nearly 20 years to get complete soundtracks of the Star Wars OT soundtracks, so give it a few more years and maybe we will get...oh, wait. Nevermind.

What's "TD_BATTLEONTHEBRIDGE_C_ACT"? It doesn't sound familiar to me.

I don't know if I missed it, but has someone started giving out these files. If so, who do I need to PM to get them.
Check the previous page.

I think it's from Young Indiana Jones, but I'm not sure what cue or episode, or whether it's previously released or not.

I'm getting quite excited about all the Young Indiana Jones stuff I'm finding, I think there'll be more usable material than for Temple of Doom - although much of the stuff is also marred by slight noises or wind or something. But still, my list with 'little or no sfx' is larger till now.

I'll post it when I've gone through everything. When that happens: does anyone know Emperor's Tomb well enough to see what's from there so I can delete that?

When that happens: does anyone know Emperor's Tomb well enough to see what's from there so I can delete that?

The only tracks that I can identify 100% as "Emperor's Tomb"-tracks are:

TD_BATTLEONTHEBRIDGE_C_QUI

TD_SHANGHAI_A_ACT

TD_SHANGHAI_D_QUI

I didn't notice any more, but maybe someone might back me up here.

Wait, do you guys have all the files? I only included Temple of Doom stuff plus a few original tracks that slipped through in that zip file. There's a lot more original music in the game...

Yeah, I only uploaded the Temple of Doom stuff plus a few other things. Frankly it would probably take me two days to upload the entire music folder, assuming the process didn't crash my connection at some point... The game's for sale if you're interested in the Young Indy stuff.

Yeah, I only uploaded the Temple of Doom stuff plus a few other things. Frankly it would probably take me two days to upload the entire music folder, assuming the process didn't crash my connection at some point... The game's for sale if you're interested in the Young Indy stuff.

OK, I was just helping you make sure you sent the right package out. :blink:

On a related side note, there's been a lot of talk in the industry recently about LucasArts being in big trouble. Up to 100 staff were recently laid off, and Mix 'n' Mojo has a series of stories, including speculation that LA might go the way of so many game companies: eaten up by one of the large publishing houses, most likely EA.

Wait, do you guys have all the files? I only included Temple of Doom stuff plus a few original tracks that slipped through in that zip file. There's a lot more original music in the game...

Next to that I've got a large file with 277 mp3s, like Mark, I assume that's all the music from the game. I was hoping somebody with the game would be willing to send me the Young Indy stuff in higher ogg quality, once I've gone through it all... It won't be larger than the ToD files I think.

I'm not familair with the Young Indy series so I have no idea what music is what, outside of Williams' scores to the 3 films.

I also believe that some of the music was composed esecially for the game.

I do. I found it elsewhere.

OK, so here's a quick rundown (I hope I haven't overlooked anything):

Unknown music - most if it from Young Indiana Jones, could perhaps contain one or two tracks from Emperor's Tomb (to be checked):

SFX

Castle Intro: 1st part ??? / 2nd part Transylvania

Castle Midtro1: first few seconds ??? / 2nd part Transylvania / last seconds ???

Castle Midtro2: first seconds ??? / mix with Transylvania / unidentified ???

LC Airship B Qui (light/partial sfx)

LC Escape C Qui

RA Cafe Raven B Qui (wind sfx)

RA Cafe Raven D Qui (light wind sfx)

RA Cairo Streets D Qui (people noise)

RA Lost Temple B Qui (jungle noise)

Little or no SFX

LC Airship A Act = LC Airship B Act = LC Escape C Act

LC Airship C Act = LC Airship D Act: 1st part: Verdun / final seconds unreleased ???

LC Airship D Qui

LC Castle A Qui

LC Castle C Act = LC Castle Co Act

LC Escape D Act

LC Trials E Act

RA Cafe Raven C Qui: unreleased, probably from Verdun (themes)

RA Cafe Raven D Act = TD Battle on the Bridge D Act: unreleased ???, probably from Verdun / last part released (Verdun)

RA Cairo Streets B Qui: (sfx noise from middle; clean beginning)

RA Cairo Streets C Qui

RA Cairo Streets D Act

RA Well of Souls A2 Qui

RA Well of Souls D Qui

TD Battle on the Bridge B Qui

TD Battle on the Bridge C Act = TD Escape the Mines A Act

TD Free the slaves B Qui

Released Young Indy music

SFX

LC Castle B Act: Transylvania

LC Castle C Qui: Transylvania

LC Escape D Qui: Transylvania

Little or no SFX

LC Airship C Act: Verdun

LC Airship D Act: Verdun

LC Castle Co Qui: Transylvania

LC Venice A Qui: Transylvania

RA Cairostreets A Act: German East Africa / Verdun / German East Africa

TD Escape the Mines A Qui: Verdun

From Emperor's Tomb (JanBing):

TD Battle on the Bridge C Qui

TD Shanghai A Act

TD Shanghai D Qui

Odds and ends

RA Cairostreets E Disco: disco raiders march

RA Cairostreets E Qui: raiders band version

ShanghaiShowdown intro

middle part of: TD Pankotsecrets C Qui

These last few are perhaps from Emperor's Tomb too (at least the first three?), but I need to check that. I've actually got that CD lying here next to me but haven't had time yet to listen to it again.

A request for the people who have got the game: I'd really love a high quality version (ogg?) of the unknown music above - 95 percent of which is definitely from Young Indiana Jones.

Next thing I'll do is ask someone who's a bit more familiar with the series than me, and rewatch Verdun, since I suspect at least some of the new music's from that episode.

Odds and ends

RA Cairostreets E Disco: disco raiders march NOT "Emperor's Tomb"

RA Cairostreets E Qui: raiders band version NOT "Emperor's Tomb"

ShanghaiShowdown intro PRESUMABLY not "Emperor's Tomb"... but it's hard to get over the sfx

middle part of: TD Pankotsecrets C Qui Sounds like the regular spike-pit music from ToD

These last few are perhaps from Emperor's Tomb too (at least the first three?), but I need to check that. I've actually got that CD lying here next to me but haven't had time yet to listen to it again.

By the way, I've edited a 2-disc soundtrack of "Emperor's Tomb" which floats the web, so I'm quite familiar with the soundtrack (and its sound).

Over the Himalayas is worth buying the game! :music: What a great cue.

I'm dissapointed about the game that thre is not a horse riding levle neither on Raiders nor Last Crusade ;)

Odds and ends

RA Cairostreets E Disco: disco raiders march NOT "Emperor's Tomb"

RA Cairostreets E Qui: raiders band version NOT "Emperor's Tomb"

ShanghaiShowdown intro PRESUMABLY not "Emperor's Tomb"... but it's hard to get over the sfx

middle part of: TD Pankotsecrets C Qui Sounds like the regular spike-pit music from ToD

By the way, I've edited a 2-disc soundtrack of "Emperor's Tomb" which floats the web, so I'm quite familiar with the soundtrack (and its sound).

Thanks for the comments!

I've had a quick listen to your 2-disc version in the meantime (hadn't realised it was 'fan'-made, nice job!). So the cues that are definitely from Emperor's Tomb are indeed:

TD Battle on the Bridge C Qui

TD Shanghai A Act

TD Shanghai D Qui

Two remarks on those:

- This corrects John Takis's remark on TD Battle on the Bridge C Qui: this is not unreleased ToD music, but it's from Emperor's Tomb: Ceylon-The Paths of the Ancients.

- What's the music in TD Shanghai A Act: from 0.30 to 1.00? the thematic material is based on Anything Goes, so I thought that's probably from Emperor's Tomb too, but I didn't immediately spot it on that 2CD. I've probably missed it? Or is it in the game but not on the 2CD?

Still unknown are:

RA Cairostreets E Disco

RA Cairostreets E Qui

These are two variations on the Raiders march. Perhaps there's a CD somewhere with a disco and band version of the theme? I can hardly imagine that they would go to the trouble of doing original music for the game for only these tracks.

And:

ShanghaiShowdown intro, from 0.00 to 0.20 and from 0.40 to the end (0.50). It doesn't really matter probably since it has SFX all over it, but that music with the voice (which is probably from the game) is intriguing though.

TD Pankotsecrets C Qui: I meant in between the spike-pit music: 0.13-0.35

It reminds me of an alternate of Phantom Menace, but I have no idea where it comes from (Williams? Emperor's Tomb? YIJ?). This has no SFX.

I will get back with updates on the Young Indiana Jones music, when I find some time.

Having played Emperor's Tomb quite a lot in the past, there really is no Anything Goes in the game. Same goes for a Raiders March disco and band version. Those must come from some place else.

TD Pankotsecrets C Qui: I meant in between the spike-pit music: 0.13-0.35

It reminds me of an alternate of Phantom Menace, but I have no idea where it comes from (Williams? Emperor's Tomb? YIJ?). This has no SFX.

That's not from the "Behind the Wall" cue, is it?

Having played Emperor's Tomb quite a lot in the past, there really is no Anything Goes in the game. Same goes for a Raiders March disco and band version. Those must come from some place else.

It was probably done for the game. I imagine instead of paying any fees for "Anything Goes" they probably just recorded a similar version with some slight alterations.

I can't imagine that they would record something for a maximum of three cues, totalling three minutes or so.

The only cue I imagine is 'original' is TD piano overlay...

You can ride a camel and Llama.

Why would not used the classic LEGO horse then?

:nono:

Where are the End Credits from?

It sounds familiar, but i thought it was not from a film or emperor's tomb, But i could be wrong

If it is synth, its great

I can't imagine that they would record something for a maximum of three cues, totalling three minutes or so.

Well like I asked earlier, did Young Indy do a show that had similar tones?

It's a copy of Anything Goes without actually sounding like it. Plus the cue features the Raiders march.

It's a copy of Anything Goes without actually sounding like it. Plus the cue features the Raiders march.

That part is from Emperor's Tomb.

The manual credits two original composers.

I don't think it's from the series. The Anything Goes part did make me think of the variation in the movie where they're fighting.

The manual credits two original composers.

Really? I wouldn't know for what cues - perhaps it is for those Raiders variations after all...?

Who are they, by the way?

Head of Music and Sound Effects

David Whittaker

Music & Sound Effects

Adam Hay

Music Supervisor

Jesse Harlin

Music Editor

Peter McConnell

All the Raiders March stuff (except for the pop stylings) is from Emperor's Tomb.

It was a reasonable decision. You don't hear the whole song in the game; Willie just sings a few bars. There was no incentive to license "Anything Goes."