Are you impressed with the KotCS sound clips?

Josh500

Did the KotCS sound clips impress you?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

• Yes
    • No

Yes or no.

I won't add cutesy options like, "maybe" or "I don't know" or "ask me later."

Vote what you feel, and if you don't feel anything, then don't vote!

I voted "Yes." Of course.

P.S. Also, name tracks you are especially excited about (based on the sound clips)!

Mine are: Adventures of Mutt, The Jungle Chase, Journey to Akator, Ants!, and Finale.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it possible to add the option, "Yes and No"?

Ted

Be a man, Ted! Say "yes" OR "no."

What is this "yes and no" crap???

Easy... I was joking. Truth is that I am impressed with some of them, but not others. On the whole, I'd say I'm impressed with their potential, but also not impressed by the fact that I wasn't blown away by them.

Ted

Hmmmm... I think it's very hard to be blown away by 30 second-snippets!

But I was very impressed with their potential, like you said. :sleepy:

A definite yes. He appears to make both his old and new style blend together in one ultimate awesome score. But still final decision about the score has to wait but I am definitily impressed by the the sound clips!

Hmmmm, what TheGreatEye posted, about this movie not being great, has worried me. But I KNOW that the soundtrack at least will be FANTASTIC!

Wow, so far everyone's impressed with the snippets!!!!

What do you call "impressed"? I don't think I can be really impressed by a 30-second snippett of a track. However, what I've heard does sound fun. Although I already was pretty sure of it, after listening to the sound clips, I'm pretty sure that the full CD will impress me.

What do you call "impressed"? I don't think I can be really impressed by a 30-second snippett of a track. However, what I've heard does sound fun. Although I already was pretty sure of it, after listening to the sound clips, I'm pretty sure that the full CD will impress me.

Yep.

From just the short snippets I was impressed overall. But really, it's still too early to call anything definitively.

I'm definitly impressed by the samples.

My favourite so far is Adventures of Mutt (It appears that this great theme even has a funny b-theme at the end of the sample)

Okay, I've been listening to the sound clips for 3 days now (since it came up), and I'm liking it more and more...

Maybe I shouldn't listen to them anymore... otherwise I get too used to just these snippets.

Just listened to the clips. I'm not worried. After all, most of Raiders album (and the best of them all, I might add) is rather low key and quiet. Contrary to what some people seem to remember...

So yes, I'm impressed.

Karol - enjoying Irina's theme quite a bit

I've been listening to "The Jungle Chase" a lot and I was wondering . . . do you think halfway through what we hear is the "Russian Soldier's theme"? Sounds pretty menacing, and though it's not a march (like we hoped!!!) this can be this movie's version of the Nazi themes!

Don't we have enough goddamn threads for this?

Don't YOU take our savior's name in vain! Go and wash out your filthy mouth with soap!

And I have to admit it is one of the best villain themes of the series. More distinctive than Nazi theme from Raiders or Mola Ram's theme but not as cartoony as Nazi theme from Crusade. Which makes it the most balanced.

Karol

I'm not impressed. The sound clips are fine but I miss something that has potential to be memorable. I'm still looking forward to the full soundtrack, though, and I'll probably be impressed after hearing it in the movie.

Yeah I'm not impressed but then I find it difficult to believe one could get all excited over those short clips as well.

There are some composers that you can figure out with 30 second clips. Usually those are the lesser ones.

Don't we have an Indy IV score thread to offer opinions on the sound clips?

- Marc, who's getting very tired of all these board-cluttering polls.

Yeah I'm not impressed but then I find it difficult to believe one could get all excited over those short clips as well.

There are some composers that you can figure out with 30 second clips. Usually those are the lesser ones.

That's about the size of it. I mean, they're 30 second samples. I can't really tell anything meaning from them. So a direct answer to the question is no, I'm not impressed with the clips but that's immediately followed by a counter question; How could you be impressed by 30 second sound clips?

That's about the size of it. I mean, they're 30 second samples. I can't really tell anything meaning from them. So a direct answer to the question is no, I'm not impressed with the clips but that's immediately followed by a counter question; How could you be impressed by 30 second sound clips?

Some of you are either too dumb or pretending to be!

Of course these are just 30 seconds snippets, and they can in no way be compared to the actual score as presented on OS. But, upon hearing these short samples for the first time, what was your reaction/first thought? Was it (rather) negative or positive? Did they raise your expectations of the actual score or not? That's all I wanted to know!

And Marc . . . now we know that most people here ARE impressed by the samples.

If this board had a theme song right now, it would be I'm Alive by ELO, Electric Light Orchestra, from that great movie Xanadu. that last part is a joke people

The board is so energized

If this board had a theme song right now, it would be I'm Alive by ELO, Electric Light Orchestra, from that great movie Xanadu. that last part is a joke people

The board is so energized

I'm Alive by ELO?????

Is that what you listen to when you're not listening to film scores?

You have a problem with ELO? And it is from a movie soundtrack afterall Josh. Personally I've always been charmed by the Xanadu soundtrack, but the movie is bad. I listen to alot of things beside film scores, I have as many cds that aren't films scores as are.

I have nothing against ELO. In fact, I'm not even familiar with that song/movie.

I just didn't want this thread to die...! :jump:

:jump:

Some of you are either too dumb or pretending to be!

Of course these are just 30 seconds snippets, and they can in no way be compared to the actual score as presented on OS. But, upon hearing these short samples for the first time, what was your reaction/first thought? Was it (rather) negative or positive? Did they raise your expectations of the actual score or not? That's all I wanted to know!

And all I did was answer the question that they had none of the above effects because they are not enough to go on. That's just not how I evaluate anything in life. It's like showing me a window frame on the Empire State Building and asking me if I'm impressed with it. It's a nice enough frame but without context there's nothing else really to say.

:jump:

:nod: I wonder why people are so uptight around here...