Batman Begins 3

ChuckM

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As great as the Riddler is, coming straight after the Joker in TDK would be like following up ESB with ROTJ starring Dengar as the main villain.

This makes absolutely no sense. The Riddler is as much an iconic villain in Batman lore as the Joker, alongside the Penguin and Catwoman. You're just saying that because at this point, nobody thinks anyone could portray a villain with as much delicious malevolence as Heath Ledger. True or not, he's dead, so if you want more movies, we have to find a new villain. If you want to mourn Ledger forever and ever, don't make anymore Batman movies.

Dengar is not a villain in The Empire Strikes Back. His presence in the group of bounty hunters recruited by Vader indicates he's a bad guy, but he adds nothing more to the story beyond that. True, in the Expanded Star Wars, every single character ever seen onscreen or imagined elsewhere has their own life story, motivations, and countless encounters with the main chracters...just to sell comic books, action figures, and make fanboys warm in their pants with excitement. But he adds nothing to the film.

Who the f#$%ck is Dengar? ;)

basically some fanboys obsessive wet dream of a character that has a blink of screen time and has all this importance built around him, in the fanboys mind that is.

basically some fanboys obsessive wet dream of a character that has a blink of screen time and has all this importance built around him, in the fanboys mind that is.

Or, you know, a character that has a blink of screen time that seems like he might be an interesting fellow to learn a little more about, but not lose a bit of sleep over.

no, its like picking the faces out of a crowd in a movie, they are there but really have no relevance. but in a star wars movie OMG, who is that, he's so f***** cool, OMG, I just creamed my pants, I'm in LOVE with that character, he's so cool, Maybe he's like Darth Vaders best bud. They probably call each other on their empire phones and discuss the latest blasters. Maybe they both like Empire Idol.

no, its like picking the faces out of a crowd in a movie, they are there but really have no relevance. but in a star wars movie OMG, who is that, he's so f***** cool, OMG, I just creamed my pants, I'm in LOVE with that character, he's so cool, Maybe he's like Darth Vaders best bud. They probably call each other on their empire phones and discuss the latest blasters. Maybe they both like Empire Idol.

I've never met a Star Wars fan who felt that strongly about Dengar, myself included. You're seeing a very vocal minority and presenting their view as the view of all fans. (There is a difference between Dengar and a random face in a crowd, however - namely, Dengar was designed. He has a specific appearance that entails a backstory, and Lucas likes random background characters to have extended backstories, so it's only natural that some fans will get curious.)

Sarah Wayne Callies as Rachel Dawes. She has the same kind of charm as Katie Holmes, and also very much looks like her. Also she is a fine actress.

Sarah_Wayne_Callies_2.jpg

Unfortunately, I kind of knew that since I read that Bounty Hunters book in middle school. ;)

Kenner made an action figure for him when TESB was released and the name Dengar was on the package, that's how I knew his name.

As great as the Riddler is, coming straight after the Joker in TDK would be like following up ESB with ROTJ starring Dengar as the main villain.

This makes absolutely no sense. The Riddler is as much an iconic villain in Batman lore as the Joker, alongside the Penguin and Catwoman. You're just saying that because at this point, nobody thinks anyone could portray a villain with as much delicious malevolence as Heath Ledger. True or not, he's dead, so if you want more movies, we have to find a new villain. If you want to mourn Ledger forever and ever, don't make anymore Batman movies.

Sorry, the Riddler is not as iconic as the Joker. Am I saying that about Ledger? Yes, but also about the writing. Also, because I don't think the Riddler is as good a character, and certainly one of the lesser villains in the rogues gallery. Batman running around the city solving riddles just doesn't interest me anywhere near where I'd like to see it in a film.

Dengar is not a villain in The Empire Strikes Back. His presence in the group of bounty hunters recruited by Vader indicates he's a bad guy, but he adds nothing more to the story beyond that. True, in the Expanded Star Wars, every single character ever seen onscreen or imagined elsewhere has their own life story, motivations, and countless encounters with the main chracters...just to sell comic books, action figures, and make fanboys warm in their pants with excitement. But he adds nothing to the film.

This makes absolutely no sense. He's a guy paid to capture the heroes of our story. In the realms of Star Wars, he's a villain, period. Hell, he WORKS for Darth Vader. Am I missing something where he's some misunderstood heroic figure?

Sarah Wayne Callies as Rachel Dawes. She has the same kind of charm as Katie Holmes, and also very much looks like her. Also she is a fine actress.

Uh...Rachel Dawes is dead.

Did you see The Dark Knight?

Did the screenplay say she was dead? The film left it pretty unambiguous. What if she will return for the third film, as Two-Face's secret wife?

You've got to be kidding me.

Yes. But I didn't see her die, did you?

Uh, guys, you are not taking me seriously here, are you?

EDIT: In response to MSM....

See, that is exactly what I am talking about!

I dunno. I didn't really pay attention during The Dark Knight. Anyway, Sarah Wayne Callies as Rachel Dawes would be just nice :lol:

In all honesty, I do not remember that shot. Ah well, I never liked her anyways. That Gyllenhal lady looked scary.

EDIT: MSM, I was being facetious the entire time. If she is in third film, I will laugh and cry at the same time.

In all honesty, I do not remember that shot. Ah well, I never liked her anyways. That Gyllenhal lady looked scary.

EDIT: MSM, I was being facetious the entire time. If she is in third film, I will laugh and cry at the same time.

I know, I just want to state that I'd like to see Sarah Wayne Callies as Rachel Dawes. Maybe in the next remake- trilogy which will be made in another 20 years.

Yes. But I didn't see her die, did you?

:lol:

Yeah, I did.

Maggie Gyllenhaal was a terrible Rachel Dawes. Katie Holmes should have sticked around.

Agreed, that would have been the best thing.

ALSO: Rachel Weisz should be Lois!!!

I wasn't hugely fond of either, Koray, but I think I preferred Ms. Gyllenhaal.

Watch Batman Begins again and you'll probably prefer Holmes. She wasn't anything special, but god the way Gyllenhaal talked was so annoying. "Haaarvey I know these briefs baaackwards." "You mean Gordon? He's a friend by the waaay, try to be niiice." She always had this angry nasally disposition.

I thought Rachel Dawes was created specifically for these films....

She was. MSM is . . . "uninformed".

Ah ok. Well she could play just another love interest then :lol:

I wasn't hugely fond of either, Koray, but I think I preferred Ms. Gyllenhaal.

Watch Batman Begins again and you'll probably prefer Holmes. She wasn't anything special, but god the way Gyllenhaal talked was so annoying. "Haaarvey I know these briefs baaackwards." "You mean Gordon? He's a friend by the waaay, try to be niiice." She always had this angry nasally disposition.

Katie Holmes sucked.