Indiana Jones: The Soundtracks Collection (OFFICIAL thread)

Erik Woods

The Amazon.com product description has been changed to this:

For the first time ever all four Indiana Jones soundtrack albums are available in this limited edition collectible CD boxed set! Exclusive to this set are expanded and remastered versions of Raiders of the Lost Ark, Indiana Jones & The Temple Doom, and Indiana Jones & The Last Crusade. This set also includes the Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull soundtrack plus a bonus interview CD with composer John Williams on the making of this historic music.

The Amazon.com product description has been changed to this:
For the first time ever all four Indiana Jones soundtrack albums are available in this limited edition collectible CD boxed set! Exclusive to this set are expanded and remastered versions of Raiders of the Lost Ark, Indiana Jones & The Temple Doom, and Indiana Jones & The Last Crusade. This set also includes the Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull soundtrack plus a bonus interview CD with composer John Williams on the making of this historic music.

where is the difference?

It now says that all three expanded/remastered soundtracks are exclusive to the set, rather than just ToD and LC. This directly contradicts the fact that Raiders will be released beforehand, so I wonder what's going on.

It now says that all three expanded/remastered soundtracks are exclusive to the set, rather than just ToD and LC. This directly contradicts the fact that Raiders will be released beforehand, so I wonder what's going on.

Oh ok, thanks, I see. Now I sense that this whole exclusive thing is just plain marketing bulls**t.

At this point I don't think anyone knows what's going on.

yes,but it doesn't mention music on disk 5!!!

Naturally. I think this shoots down Neil's theory that only Disc 5 contains new music because the expanded ToD and LC are exclusive to the set - clearly we're going to be getting more Raiders music outside of the set, and supposedly it's exclusive too. On the other hand, there's still misinformation everywhere. Concord's writers are awful.

yes,but it doesn't mention music on disk 5!!!

Luckily, we have photographic evidence that disc five contains some sort of music.

It say More music from INDIANA JONES.

So it will be music sung or performed by Indiana Jones himself I suppose. Or INdy has picked some tracks from his favourite recordings. That's what it says: music from INdiana Jones

It's the jazz/pop standard "All of You," performed by Harrison Ford and Karen Allen for Kingdom of the Crystal Skull but cut from the theatrical release.

I hope it is an anthology like release...

Why expand the lengthiest OT OST, and dont do it for the tow other shorter ones?

reuse fees! :lol:

why those reuse fees dont aplly for the 5th disc?

Once you pay them, payment could mean for the whole work, i dont think its paid on a track by track basis...

Re-use fees are paid for in 15 minute blocks.

Maybe it's not a matter of re-use fees. If ToD and LC will be straight reissues of the original albums, it could be that Concord had some kind of restriction from the licensor (or whoever has the recording/publishing rights of the scores) and they were forced to reproduce the same contents of the old OSTs, so the only way to add new unreleased material was to present it on a separate disc onto a boxset (Raiders probably fell under another licensing agreement, so that's why it's been further expanded).

I don't know of course, it could be a different number of reasons. I still have hope we'll get a great set, maybe not complete nor definitive in any kind of way, but something realized with care and dedication. Concord is a serious label (check out their websites and see what kind of super-duper Boxsets they produce), so I guess they have treated this right.

I don't think Concord has anything to do with the album assembly. It's "just" a lable.INdy 4 was done by the same as Ep III and that was Sony Classical.

But the theory about the licensing rights for the TOD and LC sound plausible.

From that link...

On November 11, 2008 Concord Records will release Indiana Jones: The Soundtracks Collection. This limited-edition boxed set will include all four of Oscar-winning composer John Williams' soundtracks for the Indiana Jones film series - RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade and this year's summer blockbuster Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. Exclusive to this set are expanded and remastered versions of the original soundtracks for the first three films. The set will also include a bonus CD featuring additional previously unreleased music from the films, as well as excerpts from interviews with Williams, director Steven Spielberg, and executive producer/story creator George Lucas in which they discuss the making of the music for these historic films.

Produced by Laurent Bouzereau, the boxed set will be presented in a handsome, embossed leatherette slip case with a full-color booklet that offers more than 25 pages of behind-the-scenes photos, storyboards and other memorable images from the films. This new set reintroduces and expands the first three iconic Indiana Jones soundtrack albums, which have been collectors' items for many years.

"I've had the great honor and pleasure of visiting the behind-the-scenes of the four Indiana Jones films from several angles: first as a writer/director/producer of documentaries, then as a collaborator on a book chronicling the making of all four films," Bouzereau says. "I felt I had come full circle when I was asked to collaborate on assembling expanded CD soundtrack albums for Raiders of the Lost Ark, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, and Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. The result represents a unique musical experience for listeners and fans of the now-classic film series that stimulates the imagination and makes you want to watch the films again."

Much more positive.

Exclusive to this set are expanded and remastered versions of the original soundtracks for the first three films. The set will also include a bonus CD featuring additional previously unreleased music from the films, as well as excerpts from interviews with Williams, director Steven Spielberg, and executive producer/story creator George Lucas in which they discuss the making of the music for these historic films.

That does contradict what was said before in slightly clearer English, however it's still flawed, and since that is the case I still don't know what to make of this release.

Neil

Exclusive to this set are expanded and remastered versions of the original soundtracks for the first three films. The set will also include a bonus CD featuring additional previously unreleased music from the films, as well as excerpts from interviews with Williams, director Steven Spielberg, and executive producer/story creator George Lucas in which they discuss the making of the music for these historic films.

That does contradict what was said before in slightly clearer English, however it's still flawed, and since that is the case I still don't know what to make of this release.

Neil

It's says clearly (a word I'd never thought I'd be able to use with Concord's press releases) that all of the first three scores are expanded. We just don't know how expanded they are.

Neil

It is pretty clear now, please just stop it.

xpanded and remastered of the three films.. that's it, just take it as it is.

bonus CD featuring prviously unreleased music.. means there will be even more unreleased music, because it doesn't say "Bonus CD features additional (previously unreleased, by the way!) music - wich would mean we get unreleased music only on the 5th disc, which it soesn't say.. so lets forget about it.

Everything we have to know now is the content, and it's album arrangement.

If this whole craze starts from new, I will leave this thread again, because even writing this makes me sick.

Neil

Film music must be the the one genre were precise track times and a track list is so vitally important to fans when a release is announced.

That's why FSM, Varese, Lala Land, Intrada etc...etc...almost always include a full track list with track times in their initial press releases.

Laurent Bouzereau has not worked for any of these labels, am I correct?

Laurent Bouzereau.

figures.....

I had problems with Jaws, CE3K, and E.T. (which they even had to redo) so par for the course would be music that we want to hear in a so-so presentation that won't be in chronological order. Hopefully, unlike those other three, the set won't be missing something from the original releases.

Well there is only one logical meaning to the word exclusive:

The OSTs that will be sold individually TOD & TLC will be the original osts reissues, and therfore shorter than the ones included in the box. with only raiders being expanded this would make the THREE exclusive.

or this is just a marketing lie..

Soundtrack.net's info still contains that bit were they say Exclusive to this set are expanded and remastered versions of the original soundtracks for the first three films, even though we know an expanded and remastered Raiders is coming in October.

Soundtrack.net's info still contains that bit were they say Exclusive to this set are expanded and remastered versions of the original soundtracks for the first three films, even though we know an expanded and remastered Raiders is coming in October.

yes as I said. Raiders will be expanded outside the box, we already know, but TOD and TLC maybe won't(just the orig CDs). So the THREE TOGETHER (in the box expanded)are exclusive to this set

Somehow I had a feeling Bouzereau might be involved in this. I'm happy. I think CE3K is brilliant (though I've never heard the original album... but I don't recall anything important missing from the film), E.T. is fine (not complete in that version, but that was before all the completeness hype, and it sounds much better than the latest release), and Jaws is fine as well.

It's only music.

And I like it!

I will buy it from Amazon.COM.n because it is about 65$ here in Europe. (49,9€)

From America it only costs me 35€ :lol:

Although I will order something else too, bcause of the shipping prices...

Don't you get trouble with the customs office? I'll probably either order from somewhere in the EU or from SAE. I'm tired of having the customs delay my shipments for several weeks just to demand an additional (nearly) 50% of the price.

Somehow I had a feeling Bouzereau might be involved in this. I'm happy. I think CE3K is brilliant
I will buy it from Amazon.COM.n because it is about 65$ here in Europe. (49,9€)

From America it only costs me 35€ :lol:

Although I will order something else too, bcause of the shipping prices...

Don't you get trouble with the customs office? I'll probably either order from somewhere in the EU or from SAE. I'm tired of having the customs delay my shipments for several weeks just to demand an additional (nearly) 50% of the price.

No this never occured to me. in fact the amazn.com items often arrive faster than the german (within 3 days!). also I order them a gift. they never opened anything