What Is The Last Film You Watched?

Mr. Breathmask

The film doesn't really side with Streep or Hoffman, with regard to who's right, which is strange since it's the job of director's of the play to make up their mind as to who is right and have it influence how the play is run.

I felt like the film in the end sided with the priest.

I disagree but I see where you're coming from. I saw it again last night and I still like it, but it's gone down a bit.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've started watching The Third Man. I'm really excited to listen to the commentary with Tony Gilroy and Steven Soderbergh afterwards

One of my top ten favorite films. QMM, their commentary is great. I listened to it after already having been very familiar with the film, and it was most gratifying to have them mimic the conversations I've had wtih friends about the film.

Last night I saw "I Love You, Man" at a special screening in Boston (it opens wide March 20th)

Extremely funny! It's right up there with the other good comedies released in the last year or so (Sarah Marshall, Role Models, Zack and Miri, etc). The best part was the cast: Every single person from the movie down to the people with only a line or two seemed to be somebody I recognized from SNL, The State, or the Apatow family.

Paul Rudd, Rashida Jones, Jason Segel, Andy Sandberg, JK Simmons, Rob Huebel, Jon Favreau, Jaimie Pressly, Thomas Lennon, Joe Lo Truglio, Aziz Ansari were all great. I saw on the IMDB cast list that Carla Gallo was in it, but I don't remember seeing her anywhere.

Anyway, highly recommended! But don't watch the red band trailer. I watched that when I got home last night and it gave away way too many jokes in the movie.

If the trailer gives away to many of the jokes from the movie then it must not be much of a movie.

I've yet to see a good movie from Apatow or his cronies.

I sat through Knocked up and laughed a total of one time(at the gross out birth scene). It was the unfunniest film. And I reject the drug culture notion that everyone does it.

Never saw 40 year old virgin

I saw Bee Movie. Its biggest problem was how absolutely unbelivable it was as soon as Seinfeld got into the human world (yes, I was fine with the world within the hive and the talking bees). I actually laughed a lot more than I thought I would, the trailer made it look quite awful. 2.75/5 stars

I saw Bee Movie. Its biggest problem was how absolutely unbelivable it was as soon as Seinfeld got into the human world (yes, I was fine with the world within the hive and the talking bees). I actually laughed a lot more than I thought I would, the trailer made it look quite awful. 2.75/5 stars

I saw the last 30 mins or so. I did see the Ray Liotta scene though, that was hilarious.

Watched WATERSHIP DOWN after listening to the soundtrack. A great, if haunting, animated movie, and one I can't wait to show my son.

haunting is a good word. Been awhile since I saw that.

Saw Rushmore for the first time, only Anderson film I hadn't yet seen. Didn't do it for me. Royal Tenenbaums is still my favorite, followed by Darjeeling Limited. I must give The Life Aquatic another try, though.

Saw Rushmore for the first time, only Anderson film I hadn't yet seen. Didn't do it for me. Royal Tenenbaums is still my favorite, followed by Darjeeling Limited. I must give The Life Aquatic another try, though.

:)

Rushmore is my favorite after The Royal Tenenbaums.

I watched a number of films today.

I watched Hellboy II: The Golden Army for the first time. First, I would like to say I had no problem with the sound mix, and everything seemed smooth and balanced. As for the film... I enjoyed it, but I am not sure of my ultimate opinion of it yet. The action scenes were choreographed very well, I think, and the actors all delivered (at the very least) decent performances, by which I mean Luke Goss, whoever his sister in the film was, and Seth McFarlane. Ron Perlman, Jeffrey Tambor, and almost everybody else delivered excellent performances.

However, the film seemed a bit...incoherent... for me. Some things seemed to happen for the sake of happening.

May someone who watched the film please explain what the Elemental was about?

I look forward to watching it again, which I would interpret as a good sign.

And I watched Jaws 2, for the first time since...the first time? Seriously, I have no recollection of watching this film ever before. Upon watching it today, though, I wonder if that "memory blank" was intentional.There are only two names that save this film from utter failure: John Williams, and Roy Scheider.

And I watched Jaws 2, for the first time since...the first time? Seriously, I have no recollection of watching this film ever before. Upon watching it today, though, I wonder if that "memory blank" was intentional.There are only two names that save this film from utter failure: John Williams, and Roy Scheider.

I agree, for a sequel and such a bad film, John's score is almost unbelievably good. And Roy Scheider is always good.

Alex

I disagree, I think JAWS 2 is a perfectly decent film. Of course, when comparing it against the first, it doesn't compare, but considering the task Swarcsz had ahead of him, I think he did remarkably well.

As for HELLBOY II,

the Elemental was there more as a plot device, A: as a defence by Nuada, but B: to help push the insecurity of Hellboy and whether he should be with humans in the cities, or with more of "his kind", which was emphasized by the public's reaction to Hellboy, even though he saved that woman's child.

It's probably not a as bad as I think it is. I mostly remember that I was extremely disappointed by the sequel. Even though many elements of the first film returned, the magic was missing. It's just an ordinary film told in an ordinary, run-of-the-mill manner. That angered me somewhat. I can't stand 'ordinary'.

Alex

Jaws 2 is good.

Some good action set pieces vs. a lot of expendable scenes of human behaviour.

Still, Williams kicks it up a notch and the harp glissandi are some of the most vivid film/underwater associations from my childhood. The water ski attack and when the two kids are thrown out of the boat and the girl has to watch her friend chewed on are great nail biters.

Now that we got CGI, they should remake Jaws.

Director: Roland Emmerich

Screenplay: David Koepp

Chief Brody: Owen Wilson

Quint: Ian McShane

Matt Hooper: Paul Giamatti

Alex

Jaws 2 is good.

yes it is, but even Alex is right to one extent, it is ordinary, while Jaws is extraordinary.

I do like that scene. it was more realistic than many folks believe since a real shark is rather bendy.

I like when Marge is consumed, swallowed whole by the shark.

I do like that scene. it was more realistic than many folks believe since a real shark is rather bendy.

This is all good and well, but there aren't 100 kilograms of pneumatic equipment laying bare in it...

This is all good and well, but there aren't 100 kilograms of pneumatic equipment laying bare in it...

you can't see any equipment in the sharks mouth.

I don't think Tremors is a better film that Jaws 2, just different.

I do agree Gremlins 2 is better than both.

Gremlins 2 is a much better film than its given credit for. It has more substances than all that style would lead you to believe.

Plus it made me look up the word avuncular.

how can it, its just a cartoon, and it has tim allen, thats gives it 4 negatives star right off the bat. :lol:

Now that we got CGI, they should remake Jaws.

Director: Roland Emmerich

Screenplay: David Koepp

Chief Brody: Owen Wilson

Quint: Ian McShane

Matt Hooper: Paul Giamatti

Alex

I can hear now the Oscar-winning score by Harald Kloser...

Jaws 2 is good, but Tremors is better.

I don't get it?

Quint likes it when chasing monsters leads to male camaraderie.

To be honest, I do as well. Though I have not seen them in a long time, I think I remember liking the second Tremors more than the first, by the way.

As for Jaws 2: I think the score and the film are its best when it stays away from the shark. Some of the more "personal" moments in the second film are probably better than some from the first (though there were not all too many, though, were there?). Come to think of it, I liked almost every part of the film besides the (I think) "over-played", if that is the term to use, shark moments. Eh, I suppose the film was alright. I think I may have been trying to hold it a bit too close to the first film earlier.

I love Gremlins 2.

It's got Hulk Hogan!

Wait, was that the film where it gets "turned off" in the theater, only for Hulk Hogan to threaten (I guess the Gremlins) into turning it back on? If so, I loved that film! If I remember correctly, Leonard Martin got strangled in that film, no?