Upcoming Films

Quintus

Hey another of these Hercules movie is coming out in 2014 though entirely unrelated to that first one mentioned above:

Hercules: The Thracian Wars

Starring Dwayne Johnson aka The Rock.

Herc is a popular character just now it seems. :P

Why doesn't Steef like it?

Because of the reason states by Lee. It's solid, traditional Christmas entertainment. A delightful romp. The whole family in front if the tele, watching it for the 6th time.

It's a TV classic, not a cinema classic.

I understand Anderson is talented, but once I'd like him to try something different, even if its just a different font on his posters.

I'm still a bit saddened that Angela Lansbury had to pull out. Tilda Swinton is good, but she's no Lansbury. He should've called Maggie Smith!

I understand Anderson is talented, but once I'd like him to try something different, even if its just a different font on his posters.

I like Anderson's voice, his movies are like little penny carnivals or Peanuts TV specials brought to life. He's one of the few contemporary filmmakers who has truly carved out a niche that only he can or ever will inhabit, but as distinct as his style is, I think it always feels well-suited to the stories he chooses to tell. It helps that his films are modestly scaled and budgeted, they're all under 2 hours -- only two run over 100 minutes -- and except for Fantastic Mr. Fox, they're completely original screenplays. I don't know how much longer he can sustain it, but he never really overstays his welcome and his films always seem to fly just slightly under the radar upon release, so the novelty still hasn't worn off for me.

New trailer for Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Talk about a total 180 from the first movie, looks nothing like it. Looks more like a continuation of The Avengers / crossed with a modern crime / shoot em up movie.

I don't see it. I guess the acclaim that Behind the Candelabra received proved there's a demand for biopics about flamboyant piano players. I just thought most biopics wait for the subject to be dead.

New trailer for Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Talk about a total 180 from the first movie, looks nothing like it. Looks more like a continuation of The Avengers / crossed with a modern crime / shoot em up movie.

Well, Captain America comics have changed a lot since the 1940s, which the first film drew heavily from. This film is drawing from probably the best run Captain America ever had in the comics, so it better not disappoint. Unfortunately, ever since Iron Man 2 t seems Marvel is more content on getting the cheap laugh than focusing on the drama, so I'm already decided it won't be as good as it should be.

The first reviews are coming in at Rotten Tomatoes:

Scott's The Counselor is getting 35% which is even less than G.I Jane.

For now, Ender's Game has 71% but I predict it will end below 50%.

What moments are you thinking of? I only liked one very little short moment and that was the video footage of a dozen architects running away from something.

OTOH, if they ran away from that squid at the end of the movie, then I don't get it. With twelve of those supermen, they easily could have ripped it apart. Nothing makes much sense in this movie.

Alex

I was told that The Counselor feels like you're watching a book. I suspected as much coming from Cormac writing the screenplay. Can't imagine how horrid that must have looked considering how he can't even format a novel properly.