new Indiana Jones music website

Jay

Attempting to bring back some of the lost threads...

Ricard and I have put together a web site containing a wealth of information about the new box set and the Indy scores in general. Check it out:

http://www.IndianaJonesMusic.com

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I may have said this in the original thread, but it still applies...

Great job!! Thank you for all your hard work, and thank you to anyone who has contributed to our overall knowledge of this music! :lol:

(This board could really use a :thumbsup: smilie, I've wanted to use it several times lately.)

I've used your spreadsheets as a basis for creating my own tracklists. Hopefully I'll get my set Wednesday, and spend a nice evening at the computer ripping, copying and pasting, loading into my iPod, then kickin' back and enjoying the set.

I think I may have said this in the original thread, but it still applies...

Great job!! Thank you for all your hard work, and thank you to anyone who has contributed to our overall knowledge of this music! :D

(This board could really use a :thumbsup: smilie, I've wanted to use it several times lately.)

I've used your spreadsheets as a basis for creating my own tracklists. Hopefully I'll get my set Wednesday, and spend a nice evening at the computer ripping, copying and pasting, loading into my iPod, then kickin' back and enjoying the set.

there is a thumbs up smiley.... just click "show all" above the small box of smilies in the left of the full reply page

There's all kinds of stuff there...

;)

bowdown

:lol:

:eek2:

:jump:

etc!

D'oh! What an idiot. Y'know, I think I've used it in the past. Am I thinking of a different board? I don't know. Man, I'm not having a good day, am I? :lol:

I remember now when I used it, it was a ;) in reference to Natalie Portman in MissPadme's avatar. Mmmmmm....

Move along, move along...

Actually, doing what I suggested here before editing it away would only get me or whoever listened to me banned, which wouldn't lock the thread, and thus not invoke the lock.

If you want to find the lock, just start looking through the threads with the red arrow of death, i.e. the Closed topics.

Eventually, you'll find this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v358/Rapseflaps/lock.gif

About "The Raiders March" from the Raiders complete cue list...

This isn't really a cue at all. The six minute "End Credits" (including the soft coda) is all that was recorded. "The Raiders March" on the original album and the Concord set is just an edit that cuts Marion's theme and the coda. The version on the DCC release is better, as it doesn't loop material in the reprise of the Raiders theme. It has a better done fadeout to eliminate the coda too, but that's on the "End Credits" track.

This isn't really a cue at all. The six minute "End Credits" (including the soft coda) is all that was recorded. "The Raiders March" on the original album and the Concord set is just an edit that cuts Marion's theme and the coda. The version on the DCC release is better, as it doesn't loop material in the reprise of the Raiders theme. It has a better done fadeout to eliminate the coda too, but that's on the "End Credits" track.

Does everyone agree with this?

I thought I remember people saying once that the short Raiders March track on the DCC had a slightly different part towards the end where it was played higher than the End Credits, if I remember correctly?

I thought I remember people saying once that the short Raiders March track on the DCC had a slightly different part towards the end where it was played higher than the End Credits, if I remember correctly?

I was under the impression that there were two separate recordings, the End Credits as presented on the DCC and the short coda, to make the transition between tracks easier. In fact on both the DCC and the OST the coda is featured in the presentation of "The Raiders March" that comes first (the longer one on the OST and the shorter one on the DCC). It reminds me of the "1941" March coda as featured on the OST.

I though agree that the shorter version could be an edit from the longer one, and on the DCC it has also the coda mixed in at the end.

Matteo

Do you guys think its better to include the inserts / redone material within the body of the cue list like this:

raidersexample1xn0.png

Or to have 1 version of each cue in the main body, and all the alternates at the bottom like this:

raidersexample2xv6.png

?

Do you guys think its better to include the inserts / redone material within the body of the cue list like this:

raidersexample1xn0.png

Or to have 1 version of each cue in the main body, and all the alternates at the bottom like this:

raidersexample2xv6.png

?

I like the first choice better. It links visually, clearly and immediately inserts and alternates to the first draft of the cue.

Actually if one wants to have a "complete recorded cue list" the first way is, IMHO, the better. However, if one prefers to read a "complete track list" (as if it was the track listing of a complete release of the score), alternates should go at the bottom. How we use these lists, that is a reference for the availability of cues and their chronological organisation, still makes me vote for the first option.

Matteo - still amazed at the passion and effort Jason is putting in doing this research! :lol:;) If you need some help, count me in!

P.S.: Does this mean you have found the original cue titles for Raiders as well? :eek:

P.S.: Does this mean you have found the original cue titles for Raiders as well? :)

The original cue titles for Raiders have been on the site all along

P.S.: Does this mean you have found the original cue titles for Raiders as well? :baaa:

The original cue titles for Raiders have been on the site all along

Sorry, my fault. I didn't remember titles such as "The Rolling Ball", "Flight to Freedom" or "The Book" being there all this time... :blink:

Matteo

The only thing I don't know are William's cue names for "The Warehouse", "End Credits", and what we assume is 8m3 Fix (Alternate).

I've been listening to that track, and it doesn't line up with the film at all. It's almost just a recorded loop of that action motif, and not meant to be an actual cue. Any thoughts?

I was under the impression that there were two separate recordings, the End Credits as presented on the DCC and the short coda, to make the transition between tracks easier. In fact on both the DCC and the OST the coda is featured in the presentation of "The Raiders March" that comes first (the longer one on the OST and the shorter one on the DCC). It reminds me of the "1941" March coda as featured on the OST.

I though agree that the shorter version could be an edit from the longer one, and on the DCC it has also the coda mixed in at the end.

Matteo

Lukas Kendall from FSM says:

In the only masters I heard it was always a part of the full End Title recording and then dialed out for the movie but I never had access to the complete, raw takes.

Major site update, Raiders cue titles are now fixed, Temple now has the real cue names too. Missing Music page updated - turns out there's about 34 minutes of TOD music still unreleased. Check it out, and let me know if I have any mistakes!

http://www.indianajonesmusic.com

• 3 weeks later...

Just updated the main site again. Now with IJ3 cue titles, and all the IJ1 cue titles too!

Check it out and let me know if I have any mistakes in there...

Jason, a question, I assume with your DVD-rips, your left and right channels were in the right order when you made them into a stereo track? I'm working on your Keeping Up with the Joneses segment and it seems to work better with the channels reversed... (It's probably just a different mix for the film - or else you or Spielberg pulled a Lucas? :P)

Hmmm.

It's certainly possible that I mmmkayed up the channels! I dunno, I'll have to check when I'm home

mmmkaying language filter

Ok, no problem! - meanwhile I'm pretty sure they should indeed be reversed on that segment. Would it affect all your other rips as well or is it random?

It would either be ALL rips or NO rips that are reversed

If they are off in just that one cue, that would mean that the music plays reversed in the film for that one cue

Nope!

Could the language filter be augmented to that f*ck becomes "frig" or "frack" or something instead of "mmmkay" ?

I shouldn't have to. I don't think this board needs a language filter at all, but that's the war. I'm just focusing on one battle right now :angry:

I shouldn't have to. I don't think this board needs a language filter at all, but that's the war. I'm just focusing on one battle right now :D

I don't think this board needs any swearing at all.

If you don't like your text being filtered, don't use profanity.

Could it be that the original title for The Map Room: Dawn is "Discovering the Script"? I don't know wheter "Seriph" has a particular meaning or if it even doesn't exist...

Matteo

I shouldn't have to. I don't think this board needs a language filter at all, but that's the war. I'm just focusing on one battle right now :D

Hmm lemme rephrase my point of view

OK, there's gonna be no profanity on the board. Fine, I'm cool with that. But say somebody accidentally types one, or doesn't realize there's a filter. Why should "f*ck" become something that looks silly and makes no sense like "mmmkay" instead of "frig" or "frak"?

Could it be that the original title for The Map Room: Dawn is "Discovering the Script"? I don't know wheter "Seriph" has a particular meaning or if it even doesn't exist...

Matteo

It could be! Anybody guess at reading that handwriting is as good as mine. It's very hard to read!

Hmm lemme rephrase my point of view

OK, there's gonna be no profanity on the board. Fine, I'm cool with that. But say somebody accidentally types one, or doesn't realize there's a filter. Why should "f*ck" become something that looks silly and makes no sense like "mmmkay" instead of "frig" or "frak"?

It's a South Park reference.

But yes, it could be something else maybe.