Intrada Releases For Dec 2nd.

Ollie

Just a quick heads up that Intrada is releasing a 2 disc set from a famous composer that features 2 of his early scores.

One score is the LP, which was a re-recording plus what they could salvage from the original tracks from the film. The second is a premiere release.

Could it possibly be How To Steal A Million? There was an album release and it's been said the masters were in poor shape. And the second could be something along the line of Daddy-O or Bachelor Flat?

If so this would be a nice addition to anyone's Williams collection.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, it really is an annoyance. Similar to how Apple never announces anything. I got a Macbook for graduation in June. A couple months later, a new Macbook comes out. That means while I was planning the purchase for my Macbook, they were working on the new one. Bastards! They let you plan your purchases, and then just release something 10 times better the next week.

I've practically given up on the guesses. I wish Intrada and FSM would just announce what they're gonna release similar to what LaLa Land does instead of having the guessing games.

"Be grateful or be silent!" :lol:

To Steal A Million? There was an album release and it's been said the masters were in poor shape. And the second could be something along the line of Daddy-O or Bachelor Flat?

Is Daddy-O even possible? I had no idea that they would keep the masters to a film that was forgettable with a score that was, at that time, forgettable also.

It'd be great if it was Daddy-O though, I heard the main titles on YouTube and I loved them.

Of course Family Plot would be absolutely awesome, but I'm not sure that that qualifies as an early score.

Yeah, it really is an annoyance. Similar to how Apple never announces anything. I got a Macbook for graduation in June. A couple months later, a new Macbook comes out. That means while I was planning the purchase for my Macbook, they were working on the new one. Bastards! They let you plan your purchases, and then just release something 10 times better the next week.

No kidding. The new Macbook came out a day after I had ordered mine. I was able to cancel my order, however, and grab the new one.

Is Daddy-O even possible? I had no idea that they would keep the masters to a film that was forgettable with a score that was, at that time, forgettable also.

It'd be great if it was Daddy-O though, I heard the main titles on YouTube and I loved them.

Well Mark also said Bachelor Flat, which is a lot more likely. I have a boot of the score, which means the tapes are somewhere out there.

Go to their message board and look under the forum for pre-release discussion.

That I did, and the comments look very promising:

The 2-CD set features two scores by a composer who doesn't get much more famous than he, but from his more humble beginnings.

John Williams is easily the most famous film composer of all time. This bodes well for December 2nd!

Is there a list of JW scores that have never been released in any form?

"Doug's Corner" for today may have confirmed my guesses.

http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.I/id.10/.f?category=-102

Also this little blurb for the 3 discs coming Dec 16th.....

"One literally ranks amongst the most-requested 1980's titles we've ever had"

Are Bachelor Flat and How To Steal A Million by 20th Century Fox?

They might be a lot of controversy over Doug's "King of Composers" comment on FSM if this does turn out to be a JW release. :)

Ohh, you pay attention to history of launches, rumor sites and look at Intel's roadmap for laptop chips, not too hard to figure out when the next update will be.

It's a Williams release. It has to be. Could the "One literally ranks amongst the most-requested 1980's titles we've ever had" be Back To The Future?

Maybe, but there are others.

It's a Williams release. It has to be. Could the "One literally ranks amongst the most-requested 1980's titles we've ever had" be Back To The Future?

Maybe, but there are others.

I'm a cynical asshole - of course it won't be BTTF.

How to Steal a Million is pretty much the only early Williams' score I like.

As for the 16th releases, I'd be really happy with Star Trek V or Back to the Future. I can't really think of anything else that could be released that I would be interested in.

BttF or Trek V would go instantly on my Christmas list, and it'd be a struggle to wait that long. A 60s Williams score I can wait until after for, as long as it's not a limited edition.

It's 5:28pm now..they're kind of late aren't they? I know they always make the announcements the night before.

Edit: I feel like an idiot...5:15pm pacific time duh. It's mountain time in Utah.