Intrada Releases For Dec 2nd.

Ollie

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But there is a better way! Try it, you'll like it. :)

Neil

well,since I now know you can drag itunes entries directly into an editing window I will try this:

Under "artists":

-Star Wars Editing Material

Separated in the following "Albums":

-AotC OST WAV

-RotS OST WAV

-Galaxies Game Rips WAV

-BF2 RotS WAV

-BF2 AotC WAV

-TFU PSP Rips WAV

-TFU PS2 Rips WAV(coming soon?)

No, but if you saw someone driving with two feet, wouldn't you try to correct them?

Neil

You speak as though there is only one true solution, and you happen to know what it is and others don't.

There are many solutions available to people for mp3 organizing and playback. iTunes is just one of them.

There is no absolute right or absolute wrong, its all a matter of the individual person's choice.

I tried using iTunes once, but didn't see any advantage. Can someone explain to me how exactly iTunes is any different than naming the tracks yourself on your PC?

All I need are, CDex, AIMP2 (decent replacement to Winamp) and MP3Tag (from www.mp3tag.de) and I'm set.

Been a while since I drove a stick, but I remember needing my left foot for the clutch...

Well,it took me a while to get rid of some annoyances in itunes

For Example, my E.T. and A.I. Complete albums (showing up correctly in itunes) would have some tracks out of place once loaded in my ipod , so I had to use a playlist. I just figured out it was because all id tag info has to be exactly the same (in this case some tracks were under "Soundtrack" and some tracks were under "Score" in the Genre category and somehow that screwed up the ipod play order)

But playlists are on the left sidebar of the itunes screen,how can you keep that organised?

I have the Navigator window on top separated in Artists and Albums and go from there

I make one or a few current playlists for my ipod and drag albums in there. I just load those playlists in my ipod.

I like to know where my actual folders are and I don't want itunes to re-shuffle them.

You're wrong. Steve Jobs knows what you want. You're not entitled to worry about what you want. :)

My copy arrived today as well.

In response to Neil's post whenever it was... I know about the folder thing, I think we've discussed this. iTunes organizes all my music for me. I was just saying in the artist section I put whatever is credited on the CD, so in this case it will say Johnny Williams. In the album artist section I'll put John Williams so iTunes will put all of my JW scores into one folder, instead of having one folder for John Williams and one for Johnny Williams. I trade music pretty regularly, so if I need to find something I know where to look. I just wish iTunes would alphabetize the score folders within the artist folders. When I import new scores they go straight to the bottom of the list.

All I need are, CDex, AIMP2 (decent replacement to Winamp) and MP3Tag (from www.mp3tag.de) and I'm set.

Same here. I don't let itunes mess with my library.

I use Cdex to rip to MP3.

Then use mp3tag to add the artwork and change little things. Not much work.

Then I drag the folder into Itunes and Windows Media player.

I'm not sure I'll purchase "How to steal a million" I've spent enough already this year.

MP3tag is one of the best free little programs I have ever used. I don't know how I ever lived without it. It can handle tagging for MP3, FLAC, OGG, WMA, and probably some other sound formats I don't use. It can convert filename information to tags, and vice versa, which you never know how handy that is until you find a pile of really old MP3s that don't have accurate ID3v1/v2 tags, but have correct information in the files. It can export tag information to a text file, csv file, htm, or spreadsheet, and, more importantly, it can import tag information from a text file, like from Amazon. It's great to have when making MP3 CDs for a car or portable CD player, or if you really just don't want to use iTunes.

Where it really came in handy was when I had a ton of WMA files that I wanted to convert to MP3, but the free converter I used at the time (Switch) completely obliterated the tags. Before I made myself re-tag a pile of blank MP3s, I put the information of every tag field into the filenames of the WMA, batch converted them to MP3, re-tagged the MP3s per the super-long filenames, and then changed the filenames to what I wanted. I think I've found a better WMA converter since then, but that was the best solution.

"The Key" from HTSAM is so fun. I'm not totally familiar with the score and I haven't read the liner notes but I think there's music missing from the album when they kiss in the closet during the burglary ("Two Lovers" theme). It could have been tracked in the film, though.

I ordered mine the day it was announced and it's still not arrived :lol: We're travelling to England for Christmas on Thursday so if it doesn't arrive in the post tomorrow I'm screwed until the new year. B*ll*cks!

• 3 weeks later...

Actually that site is no longer up. I think the person(s) who created it closed it and have their covers linked on various blogs.

What do you need the covers for, iTunes or something similar?

Just go hear and search for it and click on the cover:

http://www.soundtrackcollector.com/

Just copy the album artwork and click on the album you want and in the bottom left hand corner where it says no image posted just paste the album artwork there.

Just wanted to thank everyone who recommended American Journey to me on page 4 of this thread. I finally had a chance to listen to it and enjoyed it quite a bit!

It's nice sometimes listening to music similar to film music, but that isn't tied to specific screen images and can just go whatever direction the composer wants. I'm not about to start listening to classical music, but I really enjoyed this cd.