What is the last Television series you watched?

Jay

First Con Man Trailer Unveils Nathan Fillion and Alan Tudyk’s Web Series

CON MAN is a lighthearted take on the personalities, luminaries, comic book stores, and characters they have run into during their years in the sci-fi community and convention circuit, while telling the story of a guy learning to love and embrace his fans. CON MAN centers around the post-show life of Wray Nerely (Alan Tudyk), the pilot and co-star of SPECTRUM, a sci-fi series which was cancelled before it’s time and eventually became a cult classic beloved by fans. Wray’s good friend, Jack Moore (Nathan Fillion) starred in the series and has gone on to become a major celebrity, while Wray continued to struggle to find his big break.  While Jack enjoys the life of an A-lister, Wray tours the sci-fi circuit as a guest of conventions, comic book stores, and lots of pop culture events. The show will explore all the weird and crazy things that happen to Wray along the way, while telling the story of a guy learning to love and embrace his fans.

Breaking Bad from Netflix for the fist time.

Wow! Why no one told me? I know it is a highest rated series in imdb but this good? Shit!

I'm glad of the quality of the tv series since all the movies are just superheroes-marvel-shit quality for the little kids.

Wow! Why no one told me? I know it is a highest rated series in imdb but this good? Shit!

Dude, what? Most of us have been blowing our load over it for a while now.

I'm glad of the quality of the tv series since all the movies are just superheroes-marvel-shit quality for the little kids.

Welcome to my world.

I watched the first ep and lost interest.

The first season is the slowest although the lack of monsters and vampires was probably your main issue with it.

I didn't realise they were going down the total farce route. That's a shame.

The first season is the slowest although the lack of monsters and vampires was probably your main issue with it.

The monsters come later... truly terrifying ones.

I just can't work out these TV dramas that are so popular these days. Back in my time, we had cool shows like The X-Files (which is finally making a comback), Buffy, Angel, Seaquest DSV, Star Trek: The Next Generation, Sliders, and Stargate SG-1.

What is this crap people watch these days?

Allow me to rephrase:

I just can't work out these TV dramas that are so popular these days. Back in my time, we had cool shows like The X-Files (which is finally making a comback), Buffy, Angel, Seaquest DSV, Star Trek: The Next Generation, Sliders, and Stargate SG-1.

What is this crap people watch these days?

Non sci-fi and fantasy, mate.

---

Same point made.

TV today is too violent, has too much swearing and too many nuddy bits. I never thought I'd ever see the day where seeing dicks and fannies and hardcore sex would become so mainstream on television. Not to mention most of these new shows feature such unlikable characters. I realise it's "ambiguity" and "gritty realism" they're going for, but it's just making me switch off.

Back in my day, we had good dramas like Columbo, Dallas, Knots Landing, Dynasty, Hill Street Blues, Moonlighting, and V.

It's great that you're not even joking!

Nah but there was a time when Channel 4 used to play repeats (reruns) all Sunday morning and weeknight tea times, till they replaced it with Big Bang.

The only show I've binged on twice is Curb Your Enthusiasm, which I'm currently half way through. An absolute pleasure.

Yeah it's surprising that you've never seen it, since it's tailor made to your sensibilities in the strictest sense. As good as The Office or The Thick of It, or Alan Partridge.

I pride myself on being just like Larry David.

PFlKr8s.jpg

TV today is too violent, has too much swearing and too many nuddy bits. I never thought I'd ever see the day where seeing dicks and fannies and hardcore sex would become so mainstream on television. Not to mention most of these new shows feature such unlikable characters. I realise it's "ambiguity" and "gritty realism" they're going for, but it's just making me switch off.

Yeah, I don't like Game of Thrones either, it's what you are referring to right? Because I didn't like any of the characters, the sex felt gratuitous and the violence was there just to shock people.

Nah, I switched it off after 6 episodes.

What a long trailer!

Back in my day, we had good dramas like Columbo, Dallas, Knots Landing, Dynasty, Hill Street Blues, Moonlighting, and V.

I too loved Columbo, Dallas (yes, I love it), Hill Street Blues, ... but they are no match against renaissance TV. In fact, Hill Street Blues is almost unwatchable these days. Columbo (Netflix has got them all!) clearly stems from more innocent times ... Dallas still rocks, though! ;)

hqdefault_zpsegeftk0p.jpg

"Nobody gives you power. Real power is something you take!"

Yeah, I don't like Game of Thrones either, it's what you are referring to right? Because I didn't like any of the characters, the sex felt gratuitous and the violence was there just to shock people.

Nah, I switched it off after 6 episodes.

Me too!

I've tried to get this series, but I'm constantly faced with the fact the characters are some of nastiest I've ever seen in any format, the narrative is incomprehensible, and even the overwhelming cuteness of Emilia Clarke couldn't persuade me to keep watching.

It's a show made for small minds and produced for the Roman gladiatorial spectator mentality. Tits are nice but they get boring after a while, and the whole thing feels like a cynical exercise in satisfying the bloodlust of a society of simpletons.

And the gasps I hear from work colleagues when I say I can't stand the show have to be heard to be believed. They're usually followed by some uppity 20-something intern who says "I've never known anyone who watched it and not liked it - there are two types of people, those who watch it and love it, and those who haven't seen it".

Oh bugger off, I say.