What is the last Television series you watched?

Jay

OK finally saw the Ash Vs Evil Dead trailer.

Looks fine, but honestly, looks like an idea that would be better as a modern followup sequel movie than an ongoing TV series. But we'll see.

Those who love gothic horror, you really need to watch Penny Dreadful. That show has amazing qualities. I'm not sure if I am into monster mash stories myself but the quality - I'm referring to the writing, the acting, the look of the series - it's all there. Be warned! It's not about simple jump scares! It's not a teen show.

penny-dreadful-66_zpsl5xiowx8.jpg

Alexandre

Turned it off after 3 episodes. Seemed awfully tacky apart from Timothy Dalton.

Even though I thoroughly enjoyed the last epsiode I've seen, which was episode 7 (Possession), I'm not yet fully convinced myself. With most episodes I thought "This is good! "So why am I not really into it?" Perhaps it's because I'm not that fascinated by Frankenstein, Van Helsing, vampires, demons, ... Or maybe it's a 'slow burner' (which is what I'm counting on). We'll see.

eva-green-penny-dreadful_zpsatfwbbml.jpg

Alex

I had a similar experience with American Horror Story. It was great at first, but with far too many episodes in a season I felt myself losing interest as I was watching. Never did complete season 1.

Fanmade version of a trailer for the new Supergirl series on CBS scored with Jerry Goldsmith's 1984 film music for the movie of the same name:

Fanmade version of a trailer for the new Supergirl series on CBS scored with Jerry Goldsmith's 1984 film music for the movie of the same name:

Oh wait a difference it makes when a trailer features great music (like it used to be).

And boy what a theme... is this Jerry's most bold and heroic theme ever? It must be. :up:

Re Emmys, glad to see Maslany's work on Orphan Black finally recognized, but disappointed The Americans got shafted again (except for a nonsensical Martindale nod).

It's a mystery, that one. :conf:

Besides there's also the question of risking damage to the heads if you try to put those round discs inside your VCR. Going to try that later. I'll let you know how it goes.

Past the halfway mark on Fargo now and bar a couple of fairly major 'niggles' (why the fuck isn't Lester's house a cordoned off crime scene?) the show is pretty damn excellent. The mood and sense of place is everything.

And is this the best scoring work for a TV show in ages or what? What a shame this person didn't do Game of Thrones.

Past the halfway mark on Fargo now and bar a couple of fairly major 'niggles' (why the fuck isn't Lester's house a cordoned off crime scene?) the show is pretty damn excellent. The mood and sense of place is everything.

And is this the best scoring work for a TV show in ages or what? What a shame this person didn't do Game of Thrones.

In-fucking-deed (on both points, but especially the latter).