What is the last Television series you watched?

Jay

DS9 handled its main enemy better though.

But the point of BSG is that the enemy wasn't necessarily bad, and the good guys had their faults too. There were so many things at work that either side was influenced by, positive and negative.

I'm glad this series wasn't just about the good guys against the bad guys, that would've made it much less captivating, about two-three fulls season too long.

It's a Prequel, with everyone being 14 years older.

Please fix.

She's great in the original WHAS film

Never seen it. But it's on netflix, so I'll check it out.

That new show is just a continuation?

Wet Hot American Summer is a film set in August 1981, the last day of summer camp at a camp in Maine. It was filmed in 2000 and came out in 2001.

Wet Hot American Summer: First Day of Camp sees the entire cast returning to play the same characters at the start of that summer camp season, June of 1981 It was filmed this spring.

I didn't make a mistake.

The whole cast that was in the first film is 14 years older, yet this series takes place before the film.

Weird.

Ah yes, it's a bit like Legolas looking more mature and serious in The Hobbit films, and more youthful and sympathetic in the Rings trilogy.

That's not weird, that's just Hollywood for you.

DS9 handled its main enemy better though.

But the point of BSG is that the enemy wasn't necessarily bad, and the good guys had their faults too. There were so many things at work that either side was influenced by, positive and negative.

I'm glad this series wasn't just about the good guys against the bad guys, that would've made it much less captivating, about two-three fulls season too long.

Agreed. DS9 took a while to come up with the Dominon, and then it was neither the only enemy nor one single enemy. BSG starts out with the Cylons as the supposedly one big enemy and then slowly deconstructs this intentional black & white categorisation. For the better.

Heh, nice. Cast looks amazing. Most of them can also be seen in this new reality parody Marcy and I just started called Another Period that is hilarious so far

MV5BMzE0NTIxMjc1MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNDk0

"The last time I saw Larry [David] was right before his play ['Fish in the Dark'] premiered," Lombardo said. "He pulled out a little notebook and said, 'Know what this is? It's the next season.'"

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/tv/showtracker/la-et-st-hbo-programming-chief-talks-true-detective-haters-larry-david-20150730-story.html

Friggin' result!

"The last time I saw Larry [David] was right before his play ['Fish in the Dark'] premiered," Lombardo said. "He pulled out a little notebook and said, 'Know what this is? It's the next season.'"

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/tv/showtracker/la-et-st-hbo-programming-chief-talks-true-detective-haters-larry-david-20150730-story.html

Friggin' result!

Nice! I also heard Jason Alexander is taking over for him on Broadway, so maybe the next season will be sooner rather than later.

Friggin' result!

I love that I can imagine exactly how David said that.

I didn't make a mistake.

The whole cast that was in the first film is 14 years older, yet this series takes place before the film.

Weird.

Ah yes, it's a bit like Legolas looking more mature and serious in The Hobbit films, and more youthful and sympathetic in the Rings trilogy.

That's not weird, that's just Hollywood for you.

I haven't seen WHAS or the show (will soon, though) but from what I know, the film is a parody of 80s sex comedies/summer camp movies so they deliberately cast actors who were way too old to play high schoolers, which is usually common in those movies. So now the joke with the prequel is that the cast is 15 years older and yet still playing the same characters aged a couple months younger.

Well he already wrote the next season so it's just a matter of time before they film it.

I think David was implying that he was merely working on the script when he produced his notepad from his pocket.

UPDATE: TV Guide chief content officer Michael Schneider brings a faint glimmer of hope—or ambivalence, if you weren’t that into the new season—by saying that Yahoo has yet to confirm McHale’s statements on the future of the show:

We made a start on Seinfeld last night to hopefully see what all the fuss is about. Two episodes in and while pleasant enough I just haven't found it funny so far. The standup comedian parts still irritate me the same as they did 10 years ago when I'd infrequently stumble onto the 11pm BBC2 airing of it, but maybe I'll get used to them if I soldier on through the first short season (I've read it's the weakest and that the show takes time to get going), and admittedly the likeable George scenes do help with that. Seinfeld is supposed to be tv gold, so I'm prepared to make the effort, for a while.

2 days to go!

I also saw the first two of this. It was very silly and undeniably big on heart and nostalgia, but it felt more like tea time viewing than a proper evening show to really get into. It was like Malcolm in the Middle with added swearing and sex jokes. Still, I may give yet give it one more go.

We made a start on Seinfeld last night to hopefully see what all the fuss is about. Two episodes in and while pleasant enough I just haven't found it funny so far. The standup comedian parts still irritate me the same as they did 10 years ago when I'd infrequently stumble onto the 11pm BBC2 airing of it, but maybe I'll get used to them if I soldier on through the first short season (I've read it's the weakest and that the show takes time to get going), and admittedly the likeable George scenes do help with that. Seinfeld is supposed to be tv gold, so I'm prepared to make the effort, for a while.

Seinfeld is TV gold and yes, the first season is really rough. Not at all what the show ultimately becomes.

Season 2 is also short (13 episodes) but they are starting to figure everything out. Then seasons 3 through the end are amazing, though for sure seasons 3-7 are the peak. Larry David left the show after the Season 7 finale and they made 2 more seasons without him, though he did return to write the finale.

Yea. Someday I want to watch through the show with Marcy, who hasn't really seen it ; I'll probably start with season 3 and we'll fill in 1 and 2 later

Seasons 1 and 2 are my favourite seasons.

Season 1? That's because you have no funny bone.

Larry David left the show after the Season 7 finale and they made 2 more seasons without him

Were they still good without him?

That said I haven't seen the show in order since the original airing. Maybe seeing it straight through and knowing the division will make you feel a difference, but when you watch them all jumbled together in syndication, it's all one.

Yea, seasons 8 and 9 are still great with some highlight episodes falling in that time. Plus, Larry David still continued to voice George Steinbrenner even though he wasn't show running any more

And various other off-screen characters... that's one of the funniest parts of the show, Larry David's disembodied voice appearing when you least expect it.

This.

Lee, Seinfeld is like a network TV version of Curb. You should love it.

Fox Chairman and CEO Gary Newman suggested that writer Paul Scheuring may chose to ignore The Final Break, either in part or as a whole.