What is the last Television series you watched?

Jay

It'll quite possibly be shit but I'm up for it and quietly hoping for something worthwhile(Sorry Woj).

I have no opinion about this, so no worries.

5 - Never try to outact The Coop.

6 - Under no circumstances do you ever mention that The Coop started his career on TV

Started with Twin Peaks but the kid has a hard time with it (Kids! What can I say?!). However, I'm not inhuman so we started with Penny Dreadful instead. Saw the first episode. Not bad, looks expensive. Eva Green and Timothy Dalton (two former Bond stars) seem to be well-cast.

Alex

He looks impressive in this show, like someone who has been around the world a couple of times. Someone who has been to the underworld and lived to tell about it.

Dang! The kid doesn't want to continue with Penny Dreadful either! Kids!

He liked Heroes and so now he wants us to check out Supernatural.

Supernatural was good for about 4 seasons, then it lost focus and became ridiculously hard to follow.

The standalone episodes can be good fun, and the brother dynamic keeps it interesting.

Wet Hot American Summer is a great zany comedy. You can't take anything in it seriously. The cast is amazing, everyone except like 2 of them became big stars or at least well known character actors

I threaten to do this a lot, but it feels like it's really time to revisit Lost again. Been listening to the music quite a bit. I need it.

I just finished it up. That finale. How can anyone not love it?

I was watching some episodes of Mister Ed on YouTube and was lamenting how much of a simpler world it was back then. The show always makes me feel good and I love the old fashioned sensibilities of 1960s television that relied on clever humour and funny gags. Rather than today's over dependence on showing off tits and arse just to boost ratings.

So funny, in fact, the weenie but powerful kids of today's generation of fauxrage social media gurus would probably scream for it to be banned because of its humour that would be condemned as politically incorrect.

Simpler times? Try a glossy veneer which concealed a rancid underbelly of oppression, persecution, rampant sexism, festering communism and Ronald Reagan movies. You're living in a David Lynch world, Drax, but you only see the white picket fences. Because you choose to.

A David Lynch world? I've only seen Eraserhead and that movie spooked me for weeks!

I had to watch The Sound of Music and many, many Bugs Bunny cartoons to get it out of my head.

And my life looks nothing like the tall-haired guy's life in the movie. What a horrible existence that poor bugger lived.

after a hiatus of sorts, returned to From the Earth to the Moon with Mare Tramquilitatis

this is what we've been building towards since episode 1 and when you first hear the Kennedy soundbyte. It's been a choppy ride on this voyage of the new frontier, this noble enterprise and this episode is little different. I didn't quite appreciate it when I first saw it, feeling let down somehow after all this but now and on my last viewing a couple of years ago, it's as good as what has come before. Once again we have Lane Smith's fictional Emmett Seaborne to guide us through a mission but the mission. He effectively introduces us to each man on Apollo 11 and we get to see all that problems that there are with the crew and could happen with the mission.

Something about the episode is bittersweet. Man lands on the moon but after this, in spite of five more landings it seems to slip away -for now.

Having been watching Breaking Bad for the first time this past couple of months, it is a little jarring at first to see Bryan Cranston and as Buzz Aldrin no less. Does the job and then some albeit with a Walt White look on his face at certain moments.

Aside from that, Lane Smith. As a kid I watch what we called The New Adventures of Superman and for ages he was Perry White and then there was the coach from The Mighty Ducks ("You weren't a has been, Bombay, you were a never was") and now it's this. A small role yes in the scheme of the show but Smith's performance made Seaborne something special. Yes, a fictional Cronkite I suppose, but as a kid watching this when it aired Smith's Seaborne acted as the guide in a way few could.

After this, we'll segue into Apollo 13 itself before returning to FTETM with their 'companion' episode for 13.

This Nation has tossed its cap over the wall of space, and we have no choice but to follow it. Whatever the difficulties, they will be overcome. Whatever the hazards, they must be guarded against. With the vital help of this Aerospace Medical Center, with the help of all those who labor in the space endeavor, with the help and support of all Americans, we will climb this wall with safety and with speed-and we shall then explore the wonders on the other side.

All this talk about 60s TV makes me wish that "Get Smart" was on one of the streaming services to which I subscribe. I grew up on those re-runs. Awesome show that I desperately want to watch again. Come on Netflix and/or Amazon!

I had never heard of From the Earth to the Moon till now (it's completely unknown in the UK), but after just googling it now I really want to watch it.

I could be wrong but I don't think it was ever aired here.

it aired on Channel 4 late 90s which is when I first saw it. It might have been repeated but don't remember it. I think when Channel 4 showed it, it was in some stupid midday slot on Saturdays.

Turns out I, like many back in 1969, forgot that there was the matter of the Apollo 12 mission before I could reach 13, so From the Earth to the Moon's -

"That's All There Is"

loved the episode first time round way back and it still is a favourite for the simple fact it's a fun and light hearted look, for the most part, at an Apollo mission. Each episode is strong in its way and each has been fairly nailed on, fairly serious (with comedic moments of course) and subsequent ones are likewise but I think this one is more out there. It's almost like, dare I compare, how Star Trek IV followed II and III.

This episode introduced me to the madcap that was Pete Conrad. Most will have seen him briefly at the start of Apollo 13 trying to wave off Neil Armstrong when watching on TV. Assuming this episode captured him mostly right (and like Band of Brothers, you imagine research has been done fairly well) Conrad was perhaps the character out of the astronaut crop having gone through Gemini and Mercury to here. Indeed, something I read suggested had crews not been swapped around for Apollo 8 & 9, Conrad could've commanded 11 and thereby have been the first on the moon. Imagine that.

We're told the story via Al Bean who seemed a pleasant kind of gent and from here on, it's a wildish wide. Lots of japes and musings (Conrad's annoyance he can't take a dump whilst in space or Conrad putting pictures of nudes on Bean's wrist-notepad) accompany serious moments, Bean at the end considering all that there has been and that "well, that's there is...that's all there really is."

Ol' Emmett Seaborne has his moment, unleashing the F bomb after Al Bean messes up the camera on the moon and having a laugh at Conrad's first words upon the moon.

The episode showcases camaraderie and a continuing sense of man's endeavour.

And 12 in some respects was a lucky mission. Struck twice by lightning (one bolt hit the Saturn as she ascended, sources say that two bolts were seen travelling the contrails right down to the launchpad) on take-off it could have gone desperately wrong.

One final note is in Tom Hanks' intro when he says that "there is adventure to be found in high orbit...", he sounds bemused at this perhaps reflecting Conrad's words about the space shuttle saying it was good for what it does but that's it.

End.

(I likely linked this before but marrying Kamen's theme to the actual speech lends it a certain weight)

It's really excellent stuff. With an impressive ream of scores from some very recognizable names. And Kamen's theme is my favorite.

Just a great chronicle of a great human endeavor.

Definitely some solid stuff in there from Kamen, Mancina, and Howard. Wish it would get a release at some point.

I wasn't actually aware until now how involved Raimi is. I assumed he was a producer in name only, but he co-wrote and directed the first episode. I like that it's a continuation of Ash's timeline/story and not some re-cast/re-imagining type of deal.

Inside Amy Schumer Season 3

This show is just not for me. She seriously has about 22 minutes worth of worthwhile sketches per season, almost all the rest fall flat. Not sure why she's so popular (based solely on this show; Haven't seen her in anything else). I'm curious how Trainwreck will be received.