What is the last Television series you watched?

Jay

You only need to add Bound to that and you'll be fine

I know most people go gaga over The Matrix but Bound is their best film. Terrific noir, and for my money, one of the best movies of the 90s.

Let's not ignore the fact that what attracted us dudes to Bound was a particular scene that was more than a little steaming hot. ;)

It's on netflix, and I'm gonna watch it again after 15 years.

Bound is great. That one scene you mention is interesting, it's done a little differently in the R-Rated or Unrated versions of the film, and both have their merits. While the Unrated one shows more flesh, the R-Rated one has a different sexiness to it, which is probably a reason why it was the preferred take for the theatrical film. Both versions of the scene are worth checking out.

The Americans (that show with the typical CBS/FOX chick and the non-CBS actor) features a lot of Russian. In movies, however, Russians only speak English with a funny accent.

I think people here have been accustomed to subtitles due to torrenting shows from the Internet. Older generations aren't used to it so most films are released dubbed. Thank you, Franco. However, no one would even think on making everybody else speak Castilian with accents in a show or a movie. That would be hilarious. They only do that inside of Spain in order to avoid languages other than Castilian (¿?), but the Portuguese are exempt from that because they don't speak it natively, so they just pretend Portugal doesn't exist.

"Spanish". My mum could've passed a northwestern dialect of Catalonian to me but it seems she had mostly a passive understanding. My Basque and my Galician-Portuguese advance slowly. Sometimes I write in random Aragonese to my girlfriend.

Btw, I coulnd't finish that episode of Sense8. Even if it had Jamie Clayton and Freema Agyeman being really hot.

I finished the episode. I'm willing to accept the cop not shooting a black kid pointing a gun at him if it's a plot point about the character. Following all these characters from the start, it feels so slow.

If you want a lean and focused narrative then David Lynch is not for you, I'm afraid. And in any form. He likes to wander around and improvise.

Karol

I mostly agree (although I'm already mixing up some names, so I'm not sure about everything). I think the parts that seriously drag are those that Lynch actually had little involvement in - there's plenty of other stuff that meanders without actually dragging.

But I also still think that the last few episodes pick up considerably, once the plot thickens again and Lynch is (apparently) back. While some of the dragging starts well before the resolution of the Laura Palmer murder. Which is why, in my recollection, its more the middle part of the season that's a letdown than the second half.

Anyway, there's plenty of material (and cliffhangers) at the end to leave lots of opportunities for a potentially great third season.

It's pretty much taken as fact that once the killer is revealed the season goes downhill, and partially recovered towards the last few episodes. Almost everything in between borders on the unwatchable. It's got nothing to do with whether one can accept Lynch's style. That section was just bad.

Anyway I've finished season 1 of Community. I'll have to agree with Quint. The show has somehow lost its spark. I really like the first 10 or so epsidoes but the laugh factor takes a real dip after the Jack Black episode. It's not bad, but I get the feeling the magic is gone. Maybe I rushed through them too quickly.

Did you like the paintball episode, at least?

Anyway, I hope you stick with the show. Season 2 is where the show really found its groove.

The paintball episode was probably the best of the the second half of season 1, but even that felt like it was missing something. Maybe I just blitzed through the whole season too quickly. I'll allow some breathing room before watching seaosn 2...

James (god, that whole Evelyn subplot was an absolute nightmare... What was the point of that shit?),

Thats the one part of the show I actually started to fast forward when it came on. James was always a dull character, and that storyline was just so pointless and dull.

You say that they could cut out stuff without losing anything vital. And that it's sometimes a chore to sit through.

Karol

BloodBoal is right. Season 2 becomes a drag with sporadic highlights, some of which are irritatingly key to the wider narrative.

James (god, that whole Evelyn subplot was an absolute nightmare... What was the point of that shit?)

For me, the James and Evelyn subplot is easily the biggest offender of season 2 and probably the main reason S2 almost completely died on its arse. I can cope with everything else, even the nonsense Billy Zane love affair.

James (god, that whole Evelyn subplot was an absolute nightmare... What was the point of that shit?)

For me, the James and Evelyn subplot is easily the biggest offender of season 2 and probably the main reason S2 almost completely died on its arse. I can cope with everything else, even the nonsense Billy Zane love affair.

Oh God, they were the worst. Really turned the whole thing into a soap opera. Badalamenti's dated music didn't help in this regard either.

Also what they did to Audrey was criminal.

Can't wait for season 3!