Will you go to the cinema to see Transformers 2?

Quintus

I will watch a movie just for CGI. It's like flipping through a picture book for the pictures.

You go for the ride, you silly.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Highly unlikely. There are many movies I dislike, but there are very few which I actively despise. So far, every Michael Bay movie I've seen has fallen into that category. I feel personally insulted by them.

You go for the ride, you silly.

Since I work in the field, I analyze the CGI. "Holy shit! Check out that occlusion mapping!"

If I were going for a ride I'd completely shut off my frontal lobes.

I feel personally insulted by them.

They're just movies, Marian. There are more important things in life. :)

Women.

[German accent] Yes, women give birth to life, but other than that, what's so important about them? Is it the pleasure they give to men? Is that really such a big deal? I mean, men and women, we all vanish from this Earth but great art is here to stay for eternity. [/German accent]

Alex

They're just movies, Marian. There are more important things in life. :)

Like what?

The imminent alien invasion and Red Leicester cheese.

[German accent] Yes, women give birth to life, but other than that, what's so important about them? Is it the pleasure they give to men? Is that really such a big deal? I mean, men and women, we all vanish from this Earth but great art is here to stay for eternity. [/German accent]

Tell that to the Library at Alexandria!

Women.
No seriously. Don't you get annoyed by the fact that Palpatine is not seen at all in ANH? That there's no Imperial March?

Mmmm do you really think 'Palpatine' when talking about women?

Sick :P

Now seriously:

No seriously. Don't you get annoyed by the fact that Palpatine is not seen at all in ANH? That there's no Imperial March?

It can be arranged in the future....

At least the emperor is mentioned and since he does not have to appear in the story for the movie to make sense its fine. Of course it makes more sense if you think ANH is one part of a 6 part series, since at the end of ANH the emperor is still alive, as well as darth vader, so in a sense... you could argue that tarkin is there just to have an (more or less irrelevant in the end) evil main character that dies at the end.

The imperial march is more tricky. You dont want to mess with THE score... but since all the films are very messed up... who cares, as long as we haver our SEs CDs :)

I am almost afraid to ask, am I the only male here who thinks that Megan Foxx is only mildly, if even that, attractive?

I can see where you're coming from. I have very mixed feelings about her appearance.

Megan Fox looks artificially enhanced. Depending on the lighting conditions, her makeup and certain angles she can look sexy or bizarre.

I really have no interest in this movie. The first one didn't do much for me.

No, but only because I'm deployed to Iraq. So I actually won't be seeing ANY summer movies!

Best wishes for a safe tour of duty.

It can be arranged in the future....

At least the emperor is mentioned and since he does not have to appear in the story for the movie to make sense its fine. Of course it makes more sense if you think ANH is one part of a 6 part series, since at the end of ANH the emperor is still alive, as well as darth vader, so in a sense... you could argue that tarkin is there just to have an (more or less irrelevant in the end) evil main character that dies at the end.

The imperial march is more tricky. You dont want to mess with THE score... but since all the films are very messed up... who cares, as long as we haver our SEs CDs :)

dear jesus can we please stop talking about star wars

Fools!

Once you have pudding, you'll never go back. From then on, it will be "If the movie is up to the taste of my woman, I'll consider seeing it!" If not, you'll say "Mmmmm I'll have me some puddin' instead!"

I'm sure Mark can back me up on this. :)

After the preview for it last night I needed Ritilan. I may be dragged to it I don't know. The carrier being destroyed looked pretty impressive.

Michael Bay said on his blog that when he showed Spielberg the final cut and the lights came up, Spielberg told him it was his best film. That's not saying much, but hey, it's something.

Michael Bay said on his blog that when he showed Spielberg the final cut and the lights came up, Spielberg told him it was his best film. That's not saying much, but hey, it's something.

It doesn't validate the film.

indiana_jones_and_the_kingdom_of_the_crystal_skull_ver2.jpg

I still can't get over the fact that it's almost the 10th anniversary of The Phantom Menace.

And we're just now getting a proper prequel. ;)

Yeah but what was the tone of Spielberg's voice? ;)

Was it "This is your best film!!!!!!!" :sigh:

or

Was it "This is your best film." :|

I remember reading about the pre-release directors screening of The Phantom Menace, Lucas' pals including Spielberg, Ron Howard and Coppola were in attendance. When the credits rolled, they all congratulated him, apparently...

I remember reading about the pre-release directors screening of The Phantom Menace, Lucas' pals including Spielberg, Ron Howard and Coppola were in attendance. When the credits rolled, they all congratulated him, apparently...

This of course was after Spielberg and Howard convinced him to completely re-edit the final reels, which I believe considerably raised the ire of Williams as it meant all his music suddenly got chopped up. Even more.