So Ridley Scott is directing an Alien prequel... (The official Prometheus Thread)

crocodile

I read a very detailed plot synopsis, but I have no idea how legit it was. The plot seemed fairly interesting, but the roles of the characters felt a bit by the numbers

• 3 weeks later...

The tonality required for a film like Prometheus is pretty different from the tonality of Robin Hood or American Gangster. I wouldn't be so quick to judge. Alien's score, as heard in the final film, is a mostly brooding and atmospheric score. What Goldsmith wrote as he intended for the film is a different story.

Finally, asked if the original alien from Alien, commonly called the xenomorph, will appear in Prometheus, Scott is emphatic:

Scott: "No. Absolutely not. They squeezed it dry. He (the xenomorph) did very well. (He laughs) He survived, he’s now in Disneyland in Orlando, and no way am I going back there. How did he end up in Disneyland? I saw him in Disneyland, Jesus Christ!"

New trailer ?:

http://www.dreadcent...ere-yes-already

Alex

Finally, asked if the original alien from Alien, commonly called the xenomorph, will appear in Prometheus, Scott is emphatic:

Scott: "No. Absolutely not. They squeezed it dry. He (the xenomorph) did very well. (He laughs) He survived, he’s now in Disneyland in Orlando, and no way am I going back there. How did he end up in Disneyland? I saw him in Disneyland, Jesus Christ!"

:lol:

That pulse in the music really works. I love that the characters are slowly taking shape like in the original film. It's almost as if it says, forget the films of Cameron, Fincher and Jeunet, this is the real deal!

That pulse in the music really works. I love that the characters are slowly taking shape like in the original film. It's almost as if it says, forget the films of Cameron, Fincher and Jeunet, this is the real deal!

This is like the "official sequel" to Alien. Aliens is like a fan film. In the good sense, I mean, a great film from someone who probably loved the first one. Of course we can't be sure of how good Prometheus will be, with this director at the helm. I'd love such a project to fuel again Scott's inherent good manners at filmmaking. He certainly sounds excited about it. I'm optimistic.

Something I'm thinking is that some imagery from the trailer might be from the ending of the film (that ship/thing/whatever crashing) and they use what most resembles the original Alien for marketing purposes.

Another thing I'm wondering is what is it the people in the film are looking for that is related to the origins of humanity or the Earth or something like that. I'm really into that. I can only hope the story makes sense. Please.

It is a good trailer, just about teasing enough. It looks nicely shot; if a little forced. I see a director trying very hard to replicate originality. The music used was disappointingly ineffective - I hope it sounds nothing like that in the film itself - it sounds too try hard; too "Hey look at me! I'm subtle and sophisticated!"

Is there somebody else here who thinks the music is disappointing, too subtle and sophisticated, like Quint says? I think it works exceptionally well. Am I alone? Probably. I don't think it's subtle either It's actually very present. That pulse is like 'wow!'

Yeah, he borrowed them from The Who.

You're not kidding either.

What a terrific teaser!

1. It gives a great sense of what the film will be like without giving anything away

2. Leaves you instantly yearning for more

3. Hinted at being tied to the original Alien film without directly saying so

I loved the 70s look it had, and the special effects were very good - didn't look like typical CGI ever.

Hopefully the film itself will be good - I trust the director, actors, set design, cinematography, etc - It all hinges on whether or not the script is any good