Variety reports Spielberg's next film after Tintin will be........

Ollie

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Indy IV score did NOT suck.... (i would really like to know what drove you to the conclusion that it sucks)

The score was very good, not great but a very fine and worthy effort for an Indiana Jones film with a lot standout pieces, a wealth of new material but

also some boring underscore (but the other ones did have that too)

And just please stop the worthless and unjustified Indy IV and Starwars Prequel bashing. They wouldn't have been that successful and loved by lots of people (maybe not on this board but in general)

if they were so bad like most on this board propose...

(Spielberg still can, he made Minority Report and Catch me if you Can in the 2000s and i consider them better than Close Encounters and a lot of his other films done in the 80's and 90's ...

and i even like most of Indy IV)

On that note, I think someone possibly mentioned it before, but I think MOBY DICK would be a great project for SS. No one's done a satisfactory adaptation at all (KHAN aside), and the scale of the piece and the heightened emotions within would really match his sensibilities. And it'd be great to have another seafaring JW score.

Moby Dick would be awful and boring...

I don't think anyone would be interested in a story about hunting down a tremendous whale. Not very complex and probably not very epic. That was maybe

interesting 40 years ago but not today with films like 2012 in the cinema.

You don't make money with an underwhelming whale hunt if there are dozens of epic effect films out there

It's not that Indy IV is a bad film. It's not that bad. But it's a very AVERAGE movie. Spielberg + Lucas + Ford + Williams, etc. = an average movie??? Something obviously went wrong there and it wasn't fan expectations or whatever. Of course we expect a good or even a great film. Look at what came before it! Alas, even Harrison Ford's performance was all over the damn place. It's like they were having such a good time at the family reunion they forgot to make a good movie. They just went through the motions, really.

You don't make money with an underwhelming whale hunt if there are dozens of epic effect films out there

Um, are you kidding me? Deadliest Catch is one of the highest rated show on American cable right now...it's an entire show about catching damn fish!

Not very complex and probably not very epic

Again, are you kidding me, or do you lack reading skills and imagination?

Yes heavens forbid we have an adventure film that isn't all explosions and Michael Bay editing.

Although given Spielberg's recent habits, Ahab spares the whale and everyone returns to port happy and safe.

who is this spielberg that people speak of? certainly not someone of importance or relevance!

I don't think it's sad at all I think its befitting of a once great director who lost his way.

Um, are you kidding me? Deadliest Catch is one of the highest rated show on American cable right now...it's an entire show about catching damn fish!

Not very complex and probably not very epic

Again, are you kidding me, or do you lack reading skills and imagination?

I can't imagine that would interest that many people, but maybe it does and i'm mistaken :P. For me a film/series about hunting fish would just not be very appealing nor interesting...

Crab =/= Fish