Titanic Soundtrack - The Sinking Sequence

Crash_Landing

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A fun project I put together; I mixed and edited the various album sinking sequence tracks to match the film version of the sinking sequence.

For the fans ;)

Sounds good. It's definitely better than what I did a few years ago. I do know there is a couple of seconds of additional music missing from the soundtracks that is heard as the people are being sucked through the windows but really...it's only a couple of seconds and doesn't really affect the overall listening pleasure of what I think is still a great score.

I keep meaning to create a thread about how brilliant Horner's Titanic score is.

Unfortunately, I think we are in the minority on this one. Many people would have been captured in the hype at the time but 12 years on I'm sure people see the film itself and the music as well ina completely different way to when they first saw the movie.

And that is something I am curious about. After 12 years does Titanic still stand as the great movie it was made out to be at the time and is the music still considered to be one of the all time great scores?

Also many people who loved Celine Dion's song find they can't stand it anymore. Why is this?

I think the film and the score are still great...and always will be. And I still enjoy the song too but only in the context of the movie, not as a standalone song.

And that is something I am curious about. After 12 years does Titanic still stand as the great movie it was made out to be at the time and is the music still considered to be one of the all time great scores?

I don't think the score was ever really considered one of the best of all time. It's just one of the most popular non-JW scores among non-film score fans.

I never really listened to the score outside of the film (which I don't like) until recently. It's frustrating, as some of it approaches goodness, but then those awful cheesy moments just pull it back down. And the pan pipes.

I have very mixed feelings about the score, at least as heard in the film - I don't have any of it on CD. On the one hand, it can be very poignant, but it also has that cheesy edge in a lot of cases.

Wonderful. I really hear the influence of Don Davis in the score. We know he orchestrated parts of the score, but I wonder if he had a bit more influence on it than just orchestrating?

Wonderful. I really hear the influence of Don Davis in the score. We know he orchestrated parts of the score, but I wonder if he had a bit more influence on it than just orchestrating?

You may not be far from the truth.

*cough*Pagemaster*cough* :rolleyes: