22. Letting Go
23. Can You See Jane?
24. Earth To Asgard

http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=33864

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's hope Doyle was inspired. I have a feeling he hasn't been in a while.

The only recent score of his that I like is As You Like It and I know most people aren't fond of it either.

The only recent score of his that I like is As You Like It and I know most people aren't fond of it either.

It's decent enough but not a style of music for most people who expect scores like WOLVERINE 4 or C®APTAIN AMERICA with gibberish anticipation.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a clip of music as heard on the official film's website:

http://thor.marvel.com/assets/audio/thor_loop_1.mp3

I guess this a snippet of Doyle's score. Well, it doesn't sound very promising to my ears (but it was somewhat expected after listening to Patrick's interview last week).

The FSM crowd is a lot more postitive!

The music is definitely Doyle, I hear flavors of DEAD AGAIN, HAMLET and other past scores in it, which excites me no end.

Haha. It's the 'Patrick' Power Anthem.

I like the theme. This bodes well for the score

Never underestimate the power of self-delusion. Would Goldsmith be alive and this would be his THOR theme, half of the board would fall over themselves praising it as manna from heaven.

As it is, it's just another lam-O tune.

Is that really Doyle? If it is, it's the closest I've ever heard him come to Zimmer et.al.

Not that that's a bad thing, necessarily (I love that sound!), but I was expecting something more.....Doyle-ish, I guess.

Is that really Doyle? If it is, it's the closest I've ever heard him come to Zimmer et.al.

Most popular film composers write like this these days, because they are asked to do so. Hence most scoress sound alike.

As for the sample, this doesn't sound like Doyle's at all. I hope it's not him.

Why does every score have to sound like that nowadays? Really, couldn't we have a brassy old-fashioned theme? It doesn't even have to be light-hearted... It could be something like Conan. Now that's badass music and it doesn't even need synths!

We can only hope that they don't ask to Silvestri something like this for Captain America.

Why does every score have to sound like that nowadays? Really, couldn't we have a brassy old-fashioned theme? It doesn't even have to be light-hearted... It could be something like Conan. Now that's badass music and it doesn't even need synths!

Don't forget that new Conan is going to be scored by Tyler Bates.

I was looking forward to Thor and Captain America.

Not so much now.

Oh well we have 3 big scores coming from Michael Giacchino, Cars 2, MI: III and Super 8.

Why does every score have to sound like that nowadays? Really, couldn't we have a brassy old-fashioned theme? It doesn't even have to be light-hearted...

I don't know if you saw Doyle's interview that was posted here last week, but he told that the producers (i.e. Marvel Studios) were adamant to have a score removed of any kind of "old-fashioned" elements. They wanted a dark, low, brooding sound that should have not compete with the visuals. He even said that there are no trumpets in the score, save for the last reel cues.

Oh, master Stefancos, tell us how to overcome the simplicity and the banality of the 'power anthem'. Please, learn us how to use our ears properly so we too can further enjoy the music and the films of today! We want to adapt to modern times. Show us the way!

Well one good thing is that I'm saving a shitload of money by not having to waste it on today's garbage that passes for film music.

And in this civilized times of equality and respect for human rights we mustn't torture the musicians like in the barbarian days of The Matrix. They're people too, you know. ;)

Karol

Speaking of zeitgeist. Does NBC News still use that Williams-written theme? It's so busy and chaotic.

I think I can even hear counterpoint in it, which is just vulgar!

At least Williams was decent enough to retire. He realized the foolishness of his ways.

Karol