Padme's Death

soundwave

Yeah I mean that cue that reuses Quo-Gon's funeral music note-for-note.

The other version of it which was not on the CD is better. And I don't mind Williams reusing a thematic idea (which is a cornerstone a the way she scores films), But just cutting and pasting an entire section of music whole sale.

case closed.

PD: My god, Williams changed gender, why? Jane Williams now?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's quite possible that Lucas asked Williams to re-use that cue for "Padmé's Death". Just like how Lucas had Williams re-record the choir for "The Duel Of Yoda and Sidious" from DOTF but used the original choirless version of that cue.

I was really hoping that they weren't gonna use tracked music for when the battalion of Clone Troopers and Anakin marching up to the Jedi Temple. I bet Williams would have come up with something pretty damn good for that scene.

I could see why too that "Heroes Collide" reused some music from ESB. All though I still think that they were meant to score mirrored scenes of the Luke and Vader duel from ESB. I mean Anakin force throwing objects at Obi-Wan and such.

I could see why too that "Heroes Collide" reused some music from ESB. All though I still think that they were meant to score mirrored scenes of the Luke and Vader duel from ESB. I mean Anakin force throwing objects at Obi-Wan and such.

That might have been the intention, but it's poorly executed.

It's quite possible that Lucas asked Williams to re-use that cue for "Padmé's Death". Just like how Lucas had Williams re-record the choir for "The Duel Of Yoda and Sidious" from DOTF but used the original choirless version of that cue.

I thought they ran out of time. There was some mention of Williams regretting he couldn't write something entirely new.

Or is it just me?

Karol

It's not the fact that Williams used the ESB duel music that annoys me, it is the excruciatingly bad spotting and placement of that music.

Yes, that's true. It doesn't fit in there. I'd rather hear this music in a scene when Anakin is Force-throwing things at Obi-Wan. That would have been too on-the-nose, but at least it would make some sense.

Karol

I'm not even talking symbolic or thematic sense.

I'm talking about basic scoring qualities, tempo, volume, flow along with the scene. It may be a re-recording, and it may be intended there, but it sounds like someone overlooked a very poor temp cue.

It's cool music, but it's inappropriate for the movie. I hope Lucas had the Qui-Gon funeral music in mind because that chorus is a horrible choice for that wishy washy scene.

Lucas just had to throw funerals, a wedding and childbirth into the prequels.

she died from embarrasment for the awfulness of AOTC and ROTS. Truly awful movies on so many levels. Portman should have her Oscar yanked just for her lifeless performances in the prequels

Lucas just had to throw funerals, a wedding and childbirth into the prequels.

All of which absolutely belonged in the prequels, IMO. They just should have been handled a lot better...like the films as a whole.

It's quite possible that Lucas asked Williams to re-use that cue for "Padmé's Death".

Yes, he did what Lucas asked. He mentioned it in an interview with Jeff Bond that appeared in the Hollywood Reporter (can't find it on the web right now).

It's quite possible that Lucas asked Williams to re-use that cue for "Padmé's Death".

Yes, he did what Lucas asked. He mentioned it in an interview with Jeff Bond that appeared in the Hollywood Reporter (can't find it on the web right now).

I remember that. He even said he could have written something better, but Lucas wanted that speceficic cue.

All of which absolutely belonged in the prequels, IMO. They just should have been handled a lot better...like the films as a whole.

Completely better. I still don't think an outright birth scene was necessary, especially when Natalie Portman was such a terrible actress and Lucas continued his prequel schtick of going for "awww" reactions by having the baby and Yoda cry when she dies giving the line very cheesily. There are too many funerals. In the old ones, plenty of people died, but when was there ever any type of ceremony aside from Luke burning the suit (which was very brief and awesome)? Who cares about Shmi, why are they all watching Qui-Gon burn like that, we almost made it through this one without seeing Naboo, etc.

At least the music was good.