Thor 2 coming November 2013

Matt C

Man Of Steel was very enjoyable, yes!

I remember disliking X-Men 3, but I haven't seen it since opening day in the theaters, so I need to give it a second chance.

No need to see any of the previous ones before seeing The Wolverine though. It's almost a completely separate story.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe even two hours...

No, seriously. The film is obsolete. It tells us the same story as the first one, but with less focus. The only thing is the bulidup to Avengers. And even that doesn't go anywhere.

Karol

I don't remember Iron 2. It's a typical Hollywood product. You watch it, it's not boring but you're not invigorated either. The next day you have forgotten about it. Next!

Alex

Like I said, I don't even remember that.

The Avengers was better ... Heck, Thor was better (have I already said one can watch Thor for Hopkins alone?)

I guess they expect every Marvel movie to be a life-changing experience. I don't expect that at all. I'm already happy if I don't switch it off.

No Steef, Origins may not have set the world alight, but it was competent. It had a beginning, middle and end. Iron Man 2 didn't know whether it was coming or going, it was just scenes.

• 2 weeks later...

No Steef, Origins may not have set the world alight, but it was competent. It had a beginning, middle and end. Iron Man 2 didn't know whether it was coming or going, it was just scenes.

Iron man 2 has a story about Russian Mickey Rourke wanting revenge, for some reason, something about a rival arms dealer of Tony Stark, something about Stark dying and a bunch of The Avengers set up with Samual L. Jackson turning up mid film, spouting a bunch of jive-ass exposition and then disappearing again.

And none of it really matches. quite a shoddy script.

Anthony Hopkins ‘already forgotten’ Thor: The Dark World:

http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/anthony-hopkins-already-forgotten-thor-dark-world-105200577.html

Well...it's a Marvel film.

I'm looking at the trailer and I'm finding it rather dull. It's hard to believe they would end up actually scrweing up this character's world out of the lot.

On the other hand, Guardians of the Galaxy is looking more fun every day.

Anthony Hopkins ‘already forgotten’ Thor: The Dark World:

http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/anthony-hopkins-already-forgotten-thor-dark-world-105200577.html

Huh. Interesting read.

Gotta love Hopkins. He's always very candid.

Karol

In fact he has said a similar thing on many occasions. Didn't he almost quit acting after Titus? And that's one of his finest performances, no doubt.

Karol

I've come to Marvel at a late stage in my life and I'm used to doing more conventional films. - Anthony Hopkins

And yet his directorial debut 'Slipstream' is way less conventional than any Marvel movie ever made.

Alex

• 1 month later...

Maybe they're releasing the digital edition on they're own and co-releasing the physical product with Intrada. You know, the same exact thing happened with The Avengers.

EDIT: I was right, look here.

Karol

Sounds like trailer music.

Yes I have to say it doesn't really set my heart or mind racing with joy or excitement.

What I hear of Tyler's score is disappointing. It's like Alan Taylor temped the edit with Game of Thrones music and asked Tyler to follow it.

I really miss Doyle's theme for the first film.

So he didn't adapt Doyle's theme? That doesn't surprise me.

It's possible Tyler could've referenced or used Doyle's theme in the score proper (14 minutes of underscore doesn't present a new theme for Thor in the B-roll footage). If it's another situation like Iron Man 3 and Captain America: The Winter Soldier, then it's disappointing.

Seems like the only thematic continuity was the Captain America and tesseract themes being used in The Avengers, but it was fortuitous since Alan Silvestri scored both.

• 3 weeks later...

Apparently there's some fleeting reference to Captain America's theme in one of the cues. Maybe he shows up in a cameo?

Um...

Loki briefly disguises himself as Steve Rogers/Captain America in one instance

And that Chinese poster is begging to be Photoshopped. Remove Thor's hammer, and... you get the rest.

Apparently there's some fleeting reference to Captain America's theme in one of the cues. Maybe he shows up in a cameo?

Post-credits scene, most likely. Unless it's in a track in the middle of the album.

Nope, it's in the actual film.