You know you're getting old when...

Quintus

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm kinda with Miguel here. how can you "love" Star Wars but not know about the OT?

on the other hand. My girlfriend loved the movie Titanic in 1997 but never knew it was in fact based upon a true story.

Also, women do not tend to get obsessed by movies as much as guys do. Unless it's twilight. And then only for the emotional stuff.

Where do you think all those Nicholas Sparks films get their fans from? :P

I'm turning 29 next month. And I just realized that Quint is only 5 or 6 years older than me. Now THAT makes me feel old.

;)

Hehe, I should totally not tell you guys my age, it'd make some of poor folks mad ;)

Is it out already?

Karol - who didn't know...

I saw the film on Saturday. It was 6 years since I last saw the film before that so the experience was a complete refresher. I'll share my thoughts about it later.

a 65 year old doctor in veterinary has gone to watch TPM in 3D before me! (im going to this week)...Man, i'm losing my SW fandom (YEEEEEEEEEEPEEEE!)

Ahem. If you were losing your SW fandom, wouldn't you elect to not see it in 3D at all?

a 65 year old doctor in veterinary has gone to watch TPM in 3D before me! (im going to this week)...Man, i'm losing my SW fandom (YEEEEEEEEEEPEEEE!)

Ahem. If you were losing your SW fandom, wouldn't you elect to not see it in 3D at all?

Loosing doesn't mean he's lost it yet. He's somewhere between mega-fan and Star Wars basher.

She sounds like a cool chick. Lucas' experiment works just fine for her.

-Andy, who very much enjoyed watching Phantom Menace in 3D with his daughter this afternoon.

Do you ever do that - forget your age, I mean? I'm bloody terrible for it lately! Honestly for the past month or so I've literally been thinking I was a year older than I am. Thank god for Star Wars.

Yes, this year I thought I was 48 until somebody said 47. When I heard that, I thought I was given a great birthday present. But it doesn't last long. In a few month I will be turning 48 anyway. I guess with Joey gone, I'm the oldest member around here.

Joey is gone, right?

Alex

You know you are getting old when you realize bred is crap now.

When I was a lad you could smear butter on a piece of bread without is disintegration. These days it just falls apart under the knife. White bred is the worst.

I cannot eat brown bread. I'm weird like that; because apparently everyone else is fine with it.

My favourite bread is tiger.

Do you ever do that - forget your age, I mean? I'm bloody terrible for it lately! Honestly for the past month or so I've literally been thinking I was a year older than I am. Thank god for Star Wars.

Yes, this year I thought I was 48 until somebody said 47. When I heard that, I thought it was given a great birthday present. But it doesn't last long. In a few month I will be turning 48 anyway. I guess with Joey gone, I'm the oldest member around here.

Joey is gone, right?

Alex

Seems that way, yes. I don't think his random musings once a month really constitute as active membership.

Isn't Incanus like 80, or something?

And soft in the head eh? Is that what you are implying young whipper-snapper?!! That I am senile? Think again buster! :stick: I am a youngster compared to some people here. I just act like a man of 80.

Wojo's avatar looks like a bloody vag. Gag.

I'm not gone, I lurk, I read, I don't post as often. I do require my Stefan fix. He's like meth, you don't physically need it but the mental calling is there.

51 is a fine age. Life is good. John's music is good, there is a lifetime of it available for us.

We don't have to listen to the part's we don't like.

I wake up in the morning and my back aches, my legs are stiff, I need more fiber in my diet, I am happy if I am in bed by 9am on a Friday night.

And I am 36.

I take care of the elderly, and by golly I feel like one of them already.

well you know gay men and vagina's!!!

you know that whole least travel road thingy.

Go back to FSM if you don't like it. I'm sure your buddies Lehah and Eric Paddon will offer conversation of a far higher level.

Well, say what you will of those cretins, but they certainly don't talk about bloody vaginas!

Oy veh.... :tmi:

If you think you're old, you are old.

If others say you're old but you don't give a shit about it, you're not old.

If others say you're old and you believe them, you are old.

I find it hilarious that at 51 I still get giddy as a school boy over movies, scores, books, and toys collectibles.

You're getting old when it takes you all night to do what you used to do all night...

Most of the people I work with are young enough to be my kids, and they think that the acme of modern television is "Hollyoaks"!!!!!

How simple the subduers!