favorite film studio/tv-intros?

alicebrallice

there are some pretty awesome intros out there. here are my favorites:

this is the old Swedish Film Industry intro. I remember as a kid, I used to rewind the tape and listen to it over and over again, got goose bumps every time.

really like this intro for the swedish tv-show uppdrag granskning.

ah, good old x-files. used to creep me out when I was a kid, though :lol:

no surprise there, really.

what are your favorite film studio/tv-show intros?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJR-PSuQKLA

I understand Angela Morley worked on the arrangement, too. Written by Jerrold Immel. :)

This is actually slightly reminiscent of JW, IMO. A very memorable, clear-cut, bold theme, and it gets repeated again and again, with each repeat being more complex in terms of orchestration. Love it!

Ah yes, Alice, I have strong nostalgic connections to the SF logo, especially from the VHS days (and when we used to rent 'movie-boxes' in absence of VCR's).

• 2 weeks later...

- Michael Kamen's New Line Cinema logo music

- Jerry Goldsmith's 1997 Universal Pictures fanfare

- Michael Giacchino's Paramount logo music

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKUWHJb9404

My all time favorite and, what do you know, the music is by John Williams. Strangely enough, it's somehow a perfect interlude or prologue to Blade Runner. In fact, I though the movie had started when I first saw it. It reminded of the monochrome monitors we see in Scott's previous film Alien.

Alex

I enjoyed the intro to the tv show Millennium. It had such a brooding, melancholy feel, due in no small part to Mark Snow's theme.

• 3 years later...

http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2015/04/17/as-thx-gets-a-new-trailer-an-interview-with-its-composer

For the update, Dr. Moorer increased the number of voices to 70 and made enhancements that would play well both in movie theaters and home theaters, both of which have become much more sophisticated since the original. He had to think about tuning the balance in each of the many speakers that are now in theaters, and consider how to program the tones into multidirectional systems like Dolby Atmos, where audio comes from overhead in a more three-dimensional way. There are a total of 32 different versions of the new trailer, of different lengths and different numbers of audio channels to best fit the theater where it will be played.