The Amazing Spider-man 2 (2014 Film)

Jay

As a huge Spider-Man fan (since 94!) this franchises appalls me. Goblin looks awful. Electro looks like a massive Mr. Freeze knockoff. Rhino, well let's just say I bet Webb talked with Michael Bay. Spidey himself looks great, but this reboot franchise is ass.

As a huge Spider-Man fan (since 94!) this franchises appalls me. Goblin looks awful. Electro looks like a massive Mr. Freeze knockoff. Rhino, well let's just say I bet Webb talked with Michael Bay. Spidey himself looks great, but this reboot franchise is ass.

Mr. Freeze knock off, lmao! I guess in a way it's a combination of a knock off between Freeze and Doom (from Fantastic 4).

I just hope this film will do good...with three villains ...it's just another Raimi incident waiting to happen! BTW I agree I don't like Goblin's look and thought that they should have had Norman as Goblin since he WAS Goblin first.

EVERY YEAR. TO THE END OF TIME.

Which, judging by this trailer, will happen soon. No really, always the same story/movie but with more powerful foes and more destruction. Soon the destroying of a city will not be enough anymore. With the arrival of intergalactic super foes, the destruction of entire planets and solar systems is bound to happen. Eventually, Marvel movies will blow themselves up.

Or do people think this present craze will last forever?

Alex

so they want to make one film per year and they are still cramming 2-3 villains per film. great.

BTW looks cgish.

And what a shame sony and marvel cannot make an agreement and make joint films. Spiderman deserves a place in Disney-marvel universe :(

Seeing the designs of these villains, its as if they are trying to compare to the Arkham video games. These kind of designs that they are going with work in a world like Batman, but just look out of place in Spidey's.

Mr. Freeze knock off, lmao! I guess in a way it's a combination of a knock off between Freeze and Doom (from Fantastic 4).

I just hope this film will do good...with three villains ...it's just another Raimi incident waiting to happen! BTW I agree I don't like Goblin's look and thought that they should have had Norman as Goblin since he WAS Goblin first.

I mean, I think Raimi pulled it off, I like SM3, but I also don't blame him for its faults (he had zero control over the film and even admitted this), but hell, Webb couldn't get one villain right (Lizard), and now he wants to do three, none of which look like they'll be done justice? If the spoilers i've been told are true, I can honestly say that for anyone who hates SM3, this will make it look like the Dark fucking Knight.

That was to be expected. All the trailers show him very briefly, and it's always the same shots. It's likely he'll only appear in a scene towards the beginning of the movie (probably the scene where Spidey rescues Dillon).

Marc Webb: The Rhino is only in The Amazing Spider-Man 2 for four minutes He also goes on to say he's "embracing the spectacle" this time, seems to want to make a more comic book-y movie than the first

Transformers also "embraced the spectacle".

It's just a way of sugar-coating loud, long, flashy CGI fest.

With that mindset, I can at least see why he asked Zimmer. Stupifying movies need unobtrusive stupifying music.

Alicia Keys, Kendrick Lamar Team for 'It's On Again' on 'Spider-Man 2' Soundtrack

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/5930428/alicia-keys-kendrick-lamar-team-for-its-on-again-on-spider-man-2-soundtrack

I guessing this is mostly a song album with a few score tracks. I wonder how many songs will be used in the actual film. I 'd have been fine with only the one song "It's On Again" since it was written for this film. Oh well.

Interesting. It doesn't suck.

So it begins!

Not just for him:

“I worked with Hans Zimmer, who's a brilliant composer, and one of the reasons I wanted to use him this time was because I wanted to work with a composer but also a contemporary artist because I wanted Peter Parker to live in a world we know. I told that to Hans and Hans was like, ‘I have the perfect person.’ I know Pharrell and he would be perfect. I said, ‘That's amazing! Of course!’ So I was super excited about that. And he said, ‘I have another person –Johnny Marr from The Smiths!’ Then he brought in Mike Einzing, another brilliant guitarist and Junkie XL, who is a DJ. When you go to Hans' studio there are 15 people milling around and he's in the center like the ‘Phantom of the Opera.’ We were trying to come up with a theme for Electro. He's the main villain, played by Jamie Foxx. As you might guess, he's made of electricity. So we have to embrace the electronic nature of this guy. I wanted to makeSkrillex retire when he hears this. Then Hans shows me a 17th century aria. What Hans was tracking is the song is about a cold demon that is being summoned from the winter, against its will. He's singing about wanting to return to the cold. What's great about the aria is the cadence is a shiver. And that, for Hans, was like being electrocuted. So that became the foundation for the electric pulse of the theme. It was very different than the rave I had in my head.”

A note from the director...

We were trying to come up with a theme for Electro. He's the main villain, played by Jamie Foxx. As you might guess, he's made of electricity. So we have to embrace the electronic nature of this guy. I wanted to makeSkrillex retire when he hears this. Then Hans shows me a 17th century aria. What Hans was tracking is the song is about a cold demon that is being summoned from the winter, against its will. He's singing about wanting to return to the cold. What's great about the aria is the cadence is a shiver. And that, for Hans, was like being electrocuted. So that became the foundation for the electric pulse of the theme. It was very different than the rave I had in my head.”

Sounds like something I could have written!

amazing-spider-man-2.jpg

The cover looks a fanmade or something. And it says "Hans Zimmer and the Magnificent Six" ROTFLMAO

Yeah that cover doesn't look very appealing at all.And I couldn't help but roll my eyes at "The Magnificent Six" part. Really Hans? With that said I'm still curious about this score. I've been avoiding the clips being released of the film. I'll wait to see and hear how the score works in the context of the movie.

Typical Zimmer score..blah.

I'm cautiously optimistic about this one. But then I enjoyed his last two scores.

But dammit Zimmer, stop inviting a band to score the film with you! I just want to hear your material.

That cover is by far the most inspired thing I've seen come from this thing.

But as usual, it sounds like Zimmer is wrapping his usual fare in a seemingly interesting and shiny package.

I suppose "The Magnificent Six" is the first ever cover credit for his ghost writers.

By the way, Zimmer is a contemporary artist, huh? Good to know because his last superhero score sounded like it was done in the early 90s.