I just want another Newman Bond score.

That and another Mendes Bond film.

Yeah, that's just what the franchise needs, another badly directed and scored keystone cops chase.

The beginning of Skyfall was disastrous, maybe Mendes can persuade Newman to incorporate a slide whistle this time, can't wait :sarcasm:

The film was great, the score was boring

I'd love to see Craig's Bond on a new adventure that ties things back to Quantum, and for the love of god let him sleep with some women this time that don't get killed or are bad guys

Yeah, that's just what the franchise needs, another badly directed and scored keystone cops chase.

The beginning of Skyfall was disastrous, maybe Mendes can persuade Newman to incorporate a slide whistle this time, can't wait :sarcasm:

Actually, the film fell apart for me when Silva was captured. What follows is probably the lamest Bond film I saw in the new era.

I agree that the prologue was underwhelming, but what follows is the best Bond film since Goldeneye.

The film was great, the score was boring

I'd love to see Craig's Bond on a new adventure that ties things back to Quantum, and for the love of god let him sleep with some women this time that don't get killed or are bad guys

I want them to go nowhere near Quantum. I still can't make head or tail of that film.

And Newman's score is not boring.

Sorry - I didn't mean Quantum of Solace the film, I mean QUANTUM, the organisation that the bad guys from CR and QOS worked for.

Why?

I can't stand Conti's score, perhaps if the sounds was not so thin and small, I might like it but...

What Faleel said. I think that it is the most innapropriate score for a Bond film. Don't misunderstand me: I really like Conti's other work - "The Right Stuff" is great - but "FYEO" is trash.

There is no Bond girl yet. This is just the beginning of the cycle where every week someone wants to break the "news" on who the next Bond girls are. More often than not lately, the Bond girls are the last characters cast.

They need to hire somebody classically hot again after the unusual girls they went with in all three Craig films

There is no Bond girl yet. This is just the beginning of the cycle where every week someone wants to break the "news" on who the next Bond girls are. More often than not lately, the Bond girls are the last characters cast.

Matt Smith's available, now that he's letf DW.

• 4 weeks later...

Sam Mendes Says He’s Not Yet Committed to ‘Bond 24′

The article contains a quote Mendes made the other day about returning:

In answer to the question you’re going to ask, I don’t know yet. I’m in discussion over the ‘B’ word and I won’t make any decision until ['Charlie and the Chocolate Factory'] is open. It’s taken a long time to get this open and this has been my focus.

The CATCF he's referring to is a London stage production

So I shouldn't post when a new news story comes out if it's similar to an older story? My bad.

Again, I deeply apologize for offending you by posting a news story about this movie. I assure you it won't happen again.

That he's not yet attached to the next Bond.

Actually, the last I heard was that he and the producers were in talks. It's definitely not 'obvious' that he's not officially attached yet.

• 2 weeks later...

Sam Mendes signs on to direct Bond 24

Producers Michael G. Wilson and Barbara Broccoli, EON Productions; Gary Barber, Chairman & CEO, Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer; Michael Lynton, CEO, Sony Entertainment, Inc, and Amy Pascal, Co-Chairman of Sony Pictures Entertainment today announced that Daniel Craig will once again return as the legendary British secret agent in the 24th James Bond film and Sam Mendes will also return to direct the screenplay written by John Logan. The film is set for release in the UK on October 23, 2015 and in the US on November 6, 2015.

SKYFALL the 23rd James Bond film, took in $1.1 billion worldwide and set a new mark as the highest-grossing film of all time in the UK; it was the best-selling Bond film on DVD/Blu-ray and was the most critically acclaimed film in the history of the longest-running film franchise.

Commenting on the announcement, Wilson and Broccoli said, “Following the extraordinary success of SKYFALL, we’re really excited to be working once again with Daniel Craig, Sam Mendes and John Logan.”

“I am very pleased that by giving me the time I need to honour all my theatre commitments, the producers have made it possible for me to direct Bond 24. I very much look forward to taking up the reins again, and to working with Daniel Craig, Michael G. Wilson and Barbara Broccoli for a second time,” said Mendes.

Barber added, “We are thrilled to reunite the extraordinary talents of director Sam Mendes with our star Daniel Craig for the next great Bond adventure.” He added, “As evidenced by the phenomenal success of our last collaboration with EON Productions and Sony, the incredible legacy of this 51-year-old franchise continues to amaze.”

Pascal and Lynton said, “It’s a privilege to work on the Bond films. EON, John Logan and Sam Mendes have come up with an extraordinary follow up to SKYFALL and we, along with our partners at MGM, can’t wait to share this new chapter with audiences all over the world.”

http://www.007.com/bond-24-news-2/

That means Thomas Newman is back as well. I hope he goes for a more acoustic sound this time. Such a rare thing to hear from him. There are bits of Skyfall where his bittersweet style meets Bond's swagger. I'd like to hear more of that. Could be magical.

Karol

Yea, with the same director AND writer on board, the composer is probably a lock too. Of course, Thomas Newman has Finding Dory opening the same month as Bond 24, but being animated he can probably complete work on it that summer before moving on to Bond 24.

Cue ggyver pissing and moaning about how Thomas Newman will "ruin" another 007 film.

In other words, good news. Makes sense for Sony and MGM to keep the same writer-director team that made Skyfall a billion-dollar success.

I hope he makes this one a lot more plausible than the last. I know it's Bond, but Mendes stretched suspension of disbelief and acceptable contrivances to the limits with Skyfall.

That's true about Die Another Day, but that movie was absolute crud anyway.

Top of my head, the extremely handy remote controlled explosion in the London Underground as Bond persued the head villain, oh and his miraculous survival from being shot, falling down a waterfall presumably unconscious and washing up at at bar where he was presented with a tequila.

I enjoyed the film btw, but Bourne has made the bullshit stand out more than ever and I'd prefer it if they left those sensibilities behind with the sexism.

Yeah there is plenty of random shit happening in the film. But it's so well shot, acted, scored and directed... I just couldn't help but take the piss on the logic.

Karo

Anyone have any information about when the Skyfall recording sessions took place at Abbey Road Studios?

Just trying to gauge when the Bond 24 sessions might be.

Thanks,

APBez