James Gandolfini. Dead.

Quintus

How saddening news! A humble man and very shy in public but what a great actor. 51 is too early to go. RIP Mr. Gandolfini. :(

Very sad, I always figured there would eventually be a followup Sopranos movie someday

Gandolfini was really good in every role I ever saw him in

Wow :(

I really liked him in The Mexican and The Last Castle (never saw Sopranos). RIP.

Yeah The Mexican is great. Also never seen The Sopranos. I really like him in Where The Wild Things Are and True Romance. Still need to see Killing Them Softly.

Plus he got shot in the head at the end.

Oh, great (!). I was planning to watch "The Sopranos" to see what all the fuss was about. Guess I don't have to, now...

Stefan's right. The news item said that he died of "natural causes". By looking at recent pictures of him, it seemed that his death was very UN-natural.

I remember him as some hit-man-or-other, in "The Mexican": an island of class, in a sea of crass.

Sorry Richard, but the show ended many years ago. Also, Darth Vader is Luke's dad.

I wouldn't worry too much about the Sopranos finale though, because it's actually completely ambiguous.

Tony Soprano doesn't get shot in the head at the end of The Sopranos, Quint was just fucking around

And Quint, it doesn't matter how old something is, a spoiler is the spoiler. It was inappropriate for you to say that. Have some cooth.

Oh behave, I thought we all agreed ages ago the etiquette in relation to that stuff. There's definitely a timescale in any sane universe. I mean, would I be an inconsiderate git if I spoke about the part in Shawshank where the warden pokes his finger through the Katherine Hepburn poster? If people didn't bother to watch it nearly twenty years ago that's their fault. How about Norman Bates dressing up as his mum? Noooooooo!

[Larry David]Ooo, everybody lock down the internet. There be spoilers abroad. Mussst be considerate thirty years later, heed the unwritten law! [/Larry David]