Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation (M:I 5) by Joe Kraemer!

Jay

I know but I was naming the famous actors. Everyone else on the team in MI1 were unknowns

Just looked her up. I've seen like 3 movies she's been in. MI, Life as a House, and The Golden Compass.

Couldn't pick her out of a lineup. Maybe she's more famous where you guys are from?

It blows my mind that that's actually Tom Cruise....on the outside of an actual plane...in actual mid flight.

Scientologist or not, mans got cajones.

Aside from MI2, these flicks have been pretty consistent. Ghost Protocol was great fun with some cool set pieces. I have to hand it to Cruise, after 30 years the dude is still a completely reliable, believable and badass action star.

Of course there were. That doesn't make it any less impressive, though.

Absolutely. I have this sort of fake vertigo where I become terrified of tall distances where I know I won't die from, but rather remain extremely hurt. So watching that is even more chilling for me.

It blows my mind that that's actually Tom Cruise....on the outside of an actual plane...in actual mid flight.

Scientologist or not, mans got cajones.

Yeah, he's the real deal...can't think of any other movie star of his caliber willing to do this stuff for real, over and over again for our entertainment.

Yeah, that and Ghost Protocol. Both entertaining movies.

Edge of Tomorrow is better, of course.

Still can't believe it performed so badly.

Karol

I enjoy Minority Report. It's strangely inconsistent and all. But, again, entertaining.

Karol

Inconsistent?

The silly tone of the "Anderton's Great Escape" and "Eye-dentiscan" scenes clash with the overall dark mood. Some of the performances are strange too, like Collin Farrel's.

I still love it. It's one of Spielberg's most thrilling movies IMO.

Yeah, and then you have that scene with a crazy lady and her... living plants?

Karol

And when she kisses Tom Cruise later in the scene for no reason other than to shock and confuse the audience.

And you have a Peter Storemare scene and his... lovely assistant.

None of this stuff seems to work with the otherwise realistic, straightforward tone of this film.

Karol

Yeah, that and Ghost Protocol. Both entertaining movies.

Edge of Tomorrow is better, of course.

Still can't believe it performed so badly.

Karol

The marketing played a key role in that. The word-of-mouth was very good on it (it had a 3.48 multiplier on its opening weekend), but I think it would've been bigger had WB kept to its original spring release.

• 2 weeks later...

If you want to hear the full recording of Kraemer's material from the trailer (that wasn't used in its entirety) check the final portion of this.

Karol

Minority Report is Spielbergs entertaining, but ultimatly failed attempt to make his Blade Runner.

It's a superior film to BLADE RUNNER, which is more like an art object. All surface.

I agree with this about 82%.