BloodBoal

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Neil S Bulk had posted info about this project on Facebook, but it was April 1st so I thought it was a joke at the time.

I'm actually interested in this.

I haven't bought a comic book in over a decade, but this has brought me out of retirement.

I am very curious to see the tone of it. It certainly looks epic, but I wonder if it will have any of the humor, fun, and light-hearted ness that Lucas intended. I wonder if the modern interpretation of the early script will be more dour than Lucas actually envisioned. Most Expanded Universe stuff makes that fatal flaw of forgetting that SW was fast, fun, and rollicking in its tone.

Wow! A comic book written from a rough draft by George Lucas.

Probably one of those that were turned down by studios, and that alienated his colleagues. All of them labelled it as "unreadable and incomprehensible".

Must be amazing...

It's interesting as a curiosity, but I doubt there is any merit to it.

Karol

"Must be amazing?"

Fascinating maybe, but if you meant "mind-blowingly cool," I think not. Lucas first few films were great in large part because of all the people who were willing to tell George which of his ideas were stupid. If his colleagues said that his early drafts were incomprehensible, they probably were. I definitely want to check these out either way though.

Is it me, or is that Christian Bale in the bottom left corner?

This is pretty cool. And I ike how they used Mars in the trailer, since GL's original idea was to use pre-existing classical music instead of a new original score.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've read the first issue of this by the way. The art is fantastic and it seems to be a good adaptation. If you haven't read the script it's something completely different but so many elements of the final films show up in one way or another.