86th Academy Awards

Sharkissimo

I'm well aware of Ukraine and the current t crisis. But before this year, I was not familiar with Crimera.

I've only heard Gravity but that was only during the film and I think it's a brilliantly effective piece of score engineering, so it gets my vote by default. Not enough JWFan heads have shouted loud enough about The Book Thief for me to wonder if it's any good, so there you have it my vote is cast.

Blame yourselves.

It is a peninsula, though.

Karol

I know, i just was never taught (or i dont remember) that the name went beyond that (into region-country). I may have phrased it incorrectly.

Says who?

The brony from the MLP fiasco last year.

I would prefer Coolman wining over Wiliams.

Yeah, I'm personally rooting for the Coolman this year.

You know, I've really warmed up to Gravity's score. I still don't think it should win, but it has more redeeming qualities than I initially thought. As Sharky said in another thread, stripped down of all the noise/electronic wankery as it is in the Oscar suite, it's fairly appealing. Still too derivative of... many other scores though.

Her was my first choice for the win just because it's refreshingly different without being shit. They clearly actually thought about having some unique musical identity. It's got real heart, but ultimately I think is trumped by TBT.

Philomena, I don't know. I don't really dig this kind of "lite", quirky dramatic scoring that I know many here do. Well crafted though.

Saving Mr. Banks is not bad. Newman has been a better Newman elsewhere, and I'd rather see him get his Oscar for something that thoroughly deserves it rather than a pity vote.

The Book Thief is what it is. Well crafted, effective music. I'm loathe to agree with the raving Williams fascists, but stacked up against the other nominees, it's pretty clear it should win.

I suspect Gravity will win though.

I don't believe in Kalaisan Kalaichelvan!

I believe he is a Spambot!

How dare you! Do you really want me to fly up there to show you how real I am?! Cause I will!!!!

I am real!! You will all believe....or I will tear down the very fabric of this place!!