Star Trek is better than everything

Unlucky Bastard

1 hour ago, Stefancos said:

Yes!

Quintus is...uummm...I guess they don't have scousers in Roddenberry's positive, optimistic future. 

XMNE6lK.jpg

And yes, that's a Q and an I in there, before you say it. 

• 1 month later...

Controversial thought: TOS season 3 has many a flaw, but it actually has a lot of really good and interesting female characters. In fact I venture to say that despite some cringeworthy 60s-ness in placess, TOS has more interesting female characters overall than TNG. Plus who doesn't love over-the-top sexy vintage sci-fi outfits!

Spock's Brain is nowhere near as bad as most say it is. It's cheesy and dumb as hell, put there were plenty worse episodes. It was a stupid decision to start season 3 with it, though.

Season 3 has Spectre of the Gun which I think benefits from the tight budget they had in that season. The bare minimum set for the OK Corrall. That and this episode has a great use of the Kirk-two footed lunge (and not least, that side-on shot of the main cast as they line up against Earp at al). 

Spock's Brain isn't the worst but then as someone said, not every episode could be City on the Edge of Forever. Turnabout Intruder ditto.

The minimalist sets of Spectre of the Gun are glorious! Really there are a lot of sparse sets in season 3 that ended up creating interesting atmospheres. I think The Empath and Plato's Stepchildren have great sets too.

Plato's at least has the set going for it, not one of my favourite episodes. What I forgot to say about Spectre, was that Kirk seems more miffed that Chekov's getting some action with the heroine than anything at first. 

Spectre_of_the_Gun.jpg

Hahaha how dare Chekhov get a Piece of the Action! ;):lol:

I was watching Star Trek Continues 'The White Iris' last night and thought it was a nice, touching reflection on Kirk's romances across the series. Really enjoying these fan productions, they are so well made. Anyone else had a chance to watch them?

• 2 weeks later...

Discovery and the prospect of a Trek film by Tarantino has put Star Trek back in the zeitgeist!

Everyone wants to learn how to speak Klingon!

http://www.startrek.com/article/watch-fanning-oswalt-speak-klingon-in-please-stand-by-clip

I mean, at that time, you had the back catalog of films and TOS episodes, plus an unprecedented three different series airing throughout the decade and a continuing movie series featuring both TOS and TNG. In addition there was all the great merchandise and the Las Vegas attraction. It's just depressing to compare Trek in that decade to now.

• 2 months later...

So the Klingon expression, "Today is a good day to die."

What does this mean? That it's a good day, and it's good to die on a good day? Or that it's a bad day, and thus a good day to die on? Or merely that dying is good on any day you do it?

Is it the day that makes it good, or the dying on that day that does so?

9 minutes ago, Nick1066 said:

Dying is good on any day you do it..... Dying on that day that does so

Klingons want to die spectacularly in battle. 

But the phrase was first used by the Native Americans long before the Klingons took it. Crazy Horse said it before the massacre at Little Big Horn.