BloodBoal

Who needs to see the film to vote for the score? Even if it's to hear the unreleased music: we have more than enough music from Jupiter Ascending to choose between the two.

I'll make it easier for you: vote for John Carter.

So in this context, the music takes precedence over a pair of otherwise homogenous sci-fi stories? :eh:

I always like a score more once I've seen the film it was written for.

When I listen to John Carter, I can now picture the struggles of the characters when I'm listening to the music.

Hunting for unreleased music is never a reason I see a film for the first time

Hunting for unreleased music is never a reason I see a film for the first time

But it's nice to hear said unreleased music before the soundtrack comes out and isaid music is not on said soundtrack. That's gotta be a plus, at least.

I am tempted to cast my vote in for John Carter. Its music has a much stronger narrative core.

But then as I write this, I'm listening to Jupiter Ascending 2nd Movement...and it's just transitioned into the 3rd Movement...and the gorgeous piano is giving way to the action strings...and these two tracks are quite frankly one of the most moving track combos I've heard in a very long time. At least in this moment...I'm getting teary eyed listening to that lovely, romantic theme morphing into this beautiful, noble action music.

I don't know, BloodBoal. I need more time.

I was gonna say . . . too early for even a straw poll. (And you really should add those other planets, too. Too bad Zimmer did Interstellar, or you'd have a way to sneak Saturn in there, too.)

But then as I write this, I'm listening to Jupiter Ascending 2nd Movement...and it's just transitioned into the 3rd Movement...and the gorgeous piano is giving way to the action strings...and these two tracks are quite frankly one of the most moving track combos I've heard in a very long time. At least in this moment...I'm getting teary eyed listening to that lovely, romantic theme morphing into this beautiful, noble action music.

I guess we're both hearing different things.

Fine. At least let me listen to the scores first.

This is where I am. I remember the main John Carter theme, but that's about it for that score. As for Jupiter Ascending, I find it really difficult to judge from a narrative standpoint since we don't know the proper chronological order yet!

• 1 month later...

Wow. I might actually be placing Jupiter Ascending over John Carter now too!

Though I, of course, love the John Carter score.