Beauty and the Beast (2017 Live Action)

Jay

Wikipedia says its a "thriller", and boy the cast is good: Also has Tom Hanks, Bill Paxton (RIP), Patton Oswalt, Karen Gillan, and Finn from TFA

That was in Runaway Jury. I liked it when she did it then and I like it when Emma Watson does it now. That being said, that movie looks terrible aside from Emma Watson. Is that enough?

They should have banned the original too because the village men were all just obsessed with Gaston. It's always been very gay. And the one hetero guy is a monster they all try to kill.

9 hours ago, BloodBoal said:

There was a story here the other day that an Alabama drive-in movie theater (yes, those still exist) will ban the movie as well because apparently LeFou wants to be Gaston, wants to kiss Gaston. 

So a movie about a large animal holding a young girl against her will and forcing her to fall in love with him promotes good Christian values, but a stereotypically gay Disney sidekick is taboo. 

I skimmed through the score and real songs from the film as opposed to the pop ones (although I did listen to some of the Celine Dion song, which sounds weird--"My Heart Will Go On" it ain't) and they're good. The score is nice too. Ewan is awesome!

The first film was perfect and in no need of a recoat.  They're just reproducing the exact same product anyway, so aside from making money, there is no artistic reason to remake this.

Oh, it'll turn a profit for the mouse house.  Doesn't matter how good or bad it is.  Just means it won't be a perennial favorite years down the road like the original is.

Just saw it. The animated film is still the superior version, but everyone involved with the remake clearly loved and respected the source material. There's enough additions to the storyline (as well as necessary subtractions) to set it apart, but it's mainly a flashier and watered down film compared to the compact and highly entertaining original.

As for the much-ballyhooed gay character, Josh Gad clearly plays LeFou as gay from the start. Mainly in the gestures, some suggestive lines and one throwaway scene at the end where LeFou dances with a guy in the ballroom. You'd figure from the pearl-clutching from the conservatives are doing, you'd think Gad would be kissing someone.

What?! I've been obsessed with them since I actually saw them in person at Disney's California Adventure and at numerous points during the "Belle" clip.

All the men in town obsess over Gaston. I'd be lusting for Belle's boots.

Tale as old as time

Boots I must make mine
Beauty and the Boots