Finn has a theme in The Force Awakens score

SafeUnderHill

For a lot of people Schindler's List is very famous. It's amazing how often it's been performed on television (Nights Of The Proms, etc.) and believe me: it's more known than we think. It appears on so many film music -and even classical- collection CD's. It has had -and still has- an exposure that greatly outdoes most film themes.

I highly doubt the Schindler's List theme is iconic. Everything else is, though.

It is the classic staple and turn-to option for "sad Holocaust music".

I agree with the addition of Imperial March and 5 note motif from CE3K to my list

and I stand by JP Theme since they had to re-use it in Jurassic World

I highly doubt the Schindler's List theme is iconic. Everything else is, though.

I'd argue the prominence a few years ago of the outstanding BBC documentary Auschwitz: The Nazis and 'The Final Solution' in the UK made this music the mournful default for all Holocaust matters on UK TV:

https://youtu.be/hV4LlCtvgwE

You make it sound cheap, KK.

I love SL, both film and music. But I have seen very "commercial" or "cheap" uses of that theme for emotional manipulation.

I'd argue the prominence a few years ago of the outstanding BBC documentary Auschwitz: The Nazis and 'The Final Solution' in the UK made this music the mournful default for all Holocaust matters on UK TV:

https://youtu.be/hV4LlCtvgwE

Yes. Part has definitely become a more favourable option in recent years for such occasions.

Iconic? Or even Epic!!!!???

And this has something to do how good is the work of art...please.

Force theme is "iconic"? I can tell TBT, Lincoln and WH have more beautiful themes "better compositions" but not iconic...

It has nothing to do that fact that they are not mega franchise shits seen by billions...yeah.

People here are mad, cause Williams has lost it, no more iconic themes...BS!! This place is full of fans of the franchises(SW, HP, IJ etc) not just the music by this humble, brilliant guy.

Nonsense I tell ya!!

Did I say I hate the word "Iconic"? Perkele!!!!

Steef you are simple wrong. Not the drunk part but "the better theme" part.

You have this memorable film in your mind but these other cases you didn't even seen the films or disliked them. Didn't that effect your opinion?

it's pretty inconceivable that someone who posts in every Star Wars thread every minute plans to "boycott" the movie

I don't post about movies I don't care about

Well, Star Wars is always the most discussed topic on JWFan and it's been a part of my life since I was a baby. I wouldn't miss out on the threads. I have no interest in seeing the movie unless maybe everyone posts that Williams composed something positively amazing that didn't make the OST.

I lost interest in watching the Star Wars films years ago and I have no desire to revisit them or see new ones. I haven't enjoyed any of J.J. Abrams' work and I refuse to simply embrace spin-off movies that are basically continuing a franchise that has long suffered from overexposure. Star Wars is, after all, a Saturday matinee space opera for kids. You guys can have fun with it, but my only real interest is in the music. Williams still needs to redeem himself. Star Wars can't be saved for me.

I lost interest in watching the Star Wars films years ago and I have no desire to revisit them or see new ones. I haven't enjoyed any of J.J. Abrams' work and I refuse to simply embrace spin-off movies that are basically continuing a franchise that has long suffered from overexposure. Star Wars is, after all, a Saturday matinee space opera for kids. You guys can have fun with it, but my only real interest is in the music. Williams still needs to redeem himself. Star Wars can't be saved for me.

oh come on lighten up. Even the most jaded and cynical Star Wars fan raped by the Prequels is gonna see this . Plus half the score is gonna be unreleased