Sign in to follow this  
Fal J. M. Skywalker

According to iTunes (or equivalent) what Star Wars score do you listen to the most?

Apparently for me it is Revenge of the Sith (not counting the amounts of time listened to the scores prior to my iPod crash and other variables) at 207 times and

Ranking:

ROTS: 207 times
AOTC: 86 times
ESB: 45 times
TFA: 39 times
TPM: 38 times
ANH: 33 times
ROTJ: 27 times

Based purely on the play counts listed currently in iTunes...it's roughly a tie between ROTJ and TFA. This, however, is highly skewed because I had to entirely rebuild my music collection not that long ago. I also do a fair amount of listening on my iPod, and with rather different listening habits.

Hard to say which one I've actually listened to most. I'm actually guessing it's fairly even, probably with Star Wars or Jedi winning out, since those are the two I've owned the longest.

15 hours ago, Jay said:

Not using any software to tell me statistics but just my own memories of my life, I'm sure ESB is #1.

In my life, yes, probably ESB for me as well.  But I was so familiar with the scores for so many years before I started using iTunes that prior this past Autumn, when I revisited all the OT scores, I hadn't listened to them for a long time.  If you went by my Spotify, it would actually show TFA as the most listened to SW score.

Ah, there's a lot to like about AOTC. I revisted the prequel scores recently and listened to the AOTC OST three times and enjoyed it a lot more than I expected. That said, I am much more satisfied with its OST than the OSTs of the other two which omit far too much great music. Anakin's Confession is the best cue not on the album, though.

21 hours ago, Jay said:

Does Spotify track # of plays for you?  If so I never noticed that...

Not sure, I was just making a generalization since I have listened to TFA much more on Spotify than the other scores.  I only really started using the app since about September.

I don't listen via iTunes. Its iPod Classic or CD in the Hi-Fi. 

But for CD's I can tell you which I listen to more in order;

1. Empire Strikes Back

2. Phantom Menace

3. Return of the Jedi

4. A New Hope

5. Attack of the Clones

6. Revenge of the Sith 

7. The Force Awakens (only because it's only just come out) 

It is not resting in piece.  I just re-downloaded WinAmp the other day and re-installed it on my Windows 7 machine, and it came with the llama-whipping intro mp3.

They haven't updated it since December 2013, and even though they claim to be working on something new with it after ownership changed hands, the older versions still work. In fact, the last version, 5.666, has iPod classic support built-in. No third party drivers needed like six years ago or so when I bought my Classic.