The Lord Of The Rings General Discussion Thread

Faleel

• 1 month later...

Yeah yeah brag with your amazing natural formations and amazing nature. All we have is forest and lakes. They even filmed a Samuel L. Jackson film taking place in Finland in the freakin' central Europe. How's that for photogenic.

But man you have some beautiful places in Canada KK. :)

Ice age pretty much decimated our mountains. We have fells in the north in Lapland but even the highest one, Halti, rises only to about 1300 meters. So no mountains! :crymore:

Eowyn is supposed to be 24 years old? :blink: Never paid attention to that. There's quite an age gap between her and Faramir.

And Aragorn ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Really? They have trees like that in Death Valley? Or along Santa Monica Blvd? Or with the volcanoes up near Lassen? Your state basically wastes the entire Pacific Coast of the US and all you can think of is Endor? Your knowledge of your own state astounds me.

Really? They have trees like that in Death Valley? Or along Santa Monica Blvd? Or with the volcanoes up near Lassen? Your state basically wastes the entire Pacific Coast of the US and all you can think of is Endor?

Why, thank you. I was really going for the sardonic angle. You know, really playing the role of the ignorant California resident.

Since you've settled for Death Valley and the coastline, I'll be busy enjoying Mt. Whitney

Ig-01.jpg

before going up to hike through Yosemite Valley

Yosemite_Valley.jpg

and then head on over to Cathedral Peak for a refreshing dip and some sight-seeing.

enhanced-buzz-wide-31737-1374700402-36.j

Your knowledge of your own state astounds me.

Well, when you're right, you're right.

I was there, Gandalf. I was there three thousand years ago. I was there the day the strength of Trekkies failed.

I seek proof.

You and your children and your children's children are gonna search for a hundred years, and you'll never find it.

Couldn't resist sneaking a movie quote in here. ^_^

I was there, Gandalf. I was there three thousand years ago. I was there the day the strength of Trekkies failed.

Trekkies? Trekkies are weak. The Blood of the Federation is all but spent, its pride and dignity forgotten. It is because of Trekkies that these quotes survive.

And so the quotes passed to the LotR thread, who had this one chance to destroy evil forever, but the hearts of JWFanners are easily corrupted. And the quotes of Trekkies had a will of their own...

Your pain runs deep, KK! Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.